Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-27-2021, 12:39 PM   #1
BurnOne

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Looking for Injector replacement #12710479

Looking for replacement injector. My car has been at GM for 10 days now because of no stock injectors. Any help would be appreciated........
BurnOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:36 PM   #2
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
So it looks like the days for just simple PNs for the injectors you need that the LS stuff had is gone. There seems to be an endless number of PNs for injectors. I just drove over an hour to get one at a dealer. It doesn't make any sense to me since there should only be a few different flow rates needed, basically a 5.3, 6.2 truck, 6.2 LT1, 6.2 LT4, and the flex fuel versions.

So the PN that is laser etched on the plastic/nylon part of the injector apparently doesn't mean anything, I think it may be a casting number. I had to have the parts person at the dealer look mine up with my VIN and that casting number laser etched on the plastic/nylon part of the injector.

Have you looked for an aftermarket one? Maybe a Bosch? From what it looked like the aftermarket ones are compatible with multiple different GM PNs, from which I would assume maybe have the same flow rates even though they have different PNs.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 01:25 AM   #3
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnOne View Post
Looking for replacement injector. My car has been at GM for 10 days now because of no stock injectors. Any help would be appreciated........
Maybe try the classifieds. Those who have done a blower swap might have the stock injectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
So it looks like the days for just simple PNs for the injectors you need that the LS stuff had is gone. There seems to be an endless number of PNs for injectors. I just drove over an hour to get one at a dealer. It doesn't make any sense to me since there should only be a few different flow rates needed, basically a 5.3, 6.2 truck, 6.2 LT1, 6.2 LT4, and the flex fuel versions.

So the PN that is laser etched on the plastic/nylon part of the injector apparently doesn't mean anything, I think it may be a casting number. I had to have the parts person at the dealer look mine up with my VIN and that casting number laser etched on the plastic/nylon part of the injector.

Have you looked for an aftermarket one? Maybe a Bosch? From what it looked like the aftermarket ones are compatible with multiple different GM PNs, from which I would assume maybe have the same flow rates even though they have different PNs.
Most likely there are only a few different flow rates. However it is also most likely that GM is simply not cross referencing them anymore. Perhaps it's a way to get people to pay more for a "ZL1" injector even if it is the same exact damn injector that goes in a cheaper vehicle. Or perhaps it actually is the same injector but with a different style connector which again only serves the purpose of upcharging. This is what happens when the world becomes filled with greed and everyone everywhere does everything they can to extract every single last penny from others. They probably even do this with simple bolts and washers too. But pretty much, you are right. It should be simpler than this.

I'd be willing to bet that even among ZL1s they now have a different part # for each particular year.

And then for each particular year it will probably be different depending on the last 8 of the VIN.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote