Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2019, 09:39 AM   #1
dbb143

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Best Gauge Display App?

2018 ZL1 M6. I ordered an OBD2 device and an 8" tablet and want to display detailed gauge info and data log. Question for those with experience using available apps that are out there is, what works well?

Torque Pro and DashCommand seem to be the most popular, but I was wondering what thoughts people had on these, pros vs cons, and how "pretty" or "impressive" a multi gauge display looks on each (on 8" tablet)?
dbb143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #2
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
I've used the Dash Command. Has lot's of features, however, I never could figure out how to save and download any data logs.

I have a P3 gauge. It fits in well with my car's interior. I like the fact you can press a button and see the last reading of a particular parameter. I use it all the time to see boost levels. It has a 5-volt input so you can add AUX reading like a wideband O2 sensor. Just wish it would display knock retard.

I've read good reviews on the Aero Force gauge. It has the advantage that it can display two parameters at a time. It also has a mounting pod that fits nicely in the defroster vent.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:01 PM   #3
Getnlwr

Drives: '21 ZL1 A10 '08 SRT10
Hawk, how are you getting an accurate boost reading. I am running the Torque APP and I can't seem to get anything to read correctly.

I'd love to have some words with an engineer about a software update for these cars to have some more gauge options.
Getnlwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:30 AM   #4
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getnlwr View Post
Hawk, how are you getting an accurate boost reading. I am running the Torque APP and I can't seem to get anything to read correctly.

I'd love to have some words with an engineer about a software update for these cars to have some more gauge options.
As far as I can tell, yes.