Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-02-2020, 07:42 PM   #1
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Camaro trunk

What is this ?
Attached Images

50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:47 PM   #2
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
That's not stock for sure. It's some kind of audio processing device. Just google "Nertz module" and reference the part number on it and you can figure out exactly what it is. I'm guessing someone put in aftermarket speakers or components and was using that.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
Cyrus

What should be there ? Or is it just open storage space.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Old 07-02-2020, 07:57 PM   #4
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Looks like this car had aftermarket stereo equipment. The things I circled in yellow are also not stock equipment.
Attached Images

caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:59 PM   #5
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
What should be there ? Or is it just open storage space.
Nothing should be there unless you have a car without Runflats. Those cars come with an air compressor since there is no spare tire.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:01 PM   #6
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
Nothing should be there unless you have a car without Runflats. Those cars come with an air compressor since there is no spare tire.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:07 PM   #7
caSStro18

I keep a small fire extinguisher and jumper cables there. But, unless you know what you're doing, you should probably just leave that stuff there as long as the stereo is working and you don't need that space for anything else. Looks like the previous owner probably cut some of the factory wires to splice in the amps and other equipment. Personally, I'd probably look into putting it back stock since it is the BOSE system. But I don't know if they changed out the speakers as well that require more power and that's why they installed the other equipment.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:24 PM   #8
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
That’s a 4 channel amp, someone upgraded your stereo.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:30 PM   #9
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
That’s a 4 channel amp, someone upgraded your stereo.
The picture wasn't from my car. My car came with nothing there just making sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #10
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
It’s not “Nertz” it’s Hertz, an aftermarket car amplifier company. The squiggly line in the letter H is symbolic of the waveform if an audio signal on an oscilloscope. That’s the company logo, not to be confused with Hertz the (now bankrupt) car rental company.

That looks like their HDP-4, a 4 channel 1000 watt amp that blows the factory “high end” Bose factory system on the 3LT/2SS trims right out of the water.

The factory Bose “high end” 9 speaker system is not high end at all. Bose has been living on their reputation from their ground breaking speaker designs of the 1970s for 40 years. Their technology hasn’t changed in 40 years and aftermarket stereo speaker and amplifier technology passed them by back in the 1990s. Frankly the Bose system sucks.

People who are serious about their music put aftermarket stereos even if they have the factory Bose system.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:58 PM   #11
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
It’s not “Nertz” it’s Hertz, an aftermarket car amplifier company. The squiggly line in the letter H is symbolic of the waveform if an audio signal on an oscilloscope. That’s the company logo, not to be confused with Hertz the (now bankrupt) car rental company.

That looks like their HDP-4, a 4 channel 1000 watt amp that blows the factory “high end” Bose factory system on the 3LT/2SS trims right out of the water.

The factory Bose “high end” 9 speaker system is not high end at all. Bose has been living on their reputation from their ground breaking speaker designs of the 1970s for 40 years. Their technology hasn’t changed in 40 years and aftermarket stereo speaker and amplifier technology passed them by back in the 1990s. Frankly the Bose system sucks.

People who are serious about their music put aftermarket stereos even if they have the factory Bose system.
Exactly. This was used to bypass the monetary Bose amp for am aftermarket setup.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:30 AM   #12
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Exactly. This was used to bypass the monetary Bose amp for am aftermarket setup.
I'm in the process of doing that right now. Lucky for us 2019-present owners, GM reconfigured the bus data system on Camaros so with the new aftermarket processor to convert data to analog RCA audio, that is configured especially for the 2019 IO platform, we can actually completely remove the factory Bose amp and the processor is plug and play. We no longer have to tap into factory wiring and slice and splice to bypass
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:31 AM   #13
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
...Personally, I'd probably look into putting it back stock since it is the BOSE system...
Why would you assume that the factory Bose system must be better than a custom installation? Could be better, could be worse.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #14
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post

Well, I know some people call them Blows, LOL.

I am tune-deaf so I don't care much, but I know it's not the best in the world and there are people who care and upgrade them.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote