Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 08-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
john-w

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Electrical and torque converter issues

I have a 2017 Camaro V6 with rs package and automatic transmission, Sorry for the long read. Bought the car new with 23 miles on it. I'll start with the electrical problems. It started about 2-3 weeks after I got the car I was at Walmart at 2:00 am and parked the car and turn it off it immediately said no key fob detected restart car(the key is in my pocket). I restarted the car and turned it off again it said no key fob again. This car being my first push start car I didn't know it would look my car after 3 attempts so I did it again and now my car wouldn't do anything so I open the door and the alarm starts going off keep in mind its 2 am in a parking lot. I try to turn off the alarm with the key fob but nothing is working on it so I just stand there and let it go off. At this point I was trying to call someone to come get me but no one is answering seeing that it's 2 am but after a couple minutes the alarm stops so I walk back to the car and everything works like nothing happened( I also got an email from OnStar saying someone tried to break into my car). So the next morning I take my car to the dealer and tell them what happened and they go and scan the OBD and say there are no codes and it would be too hard to tell what actually happened without it currently being messed up and told me to come back if it messed up again. So after this, a few weeks went by and I was driving down the interstate and the dashboard and the radio both turned off for about 10 seconds and turned back on like I had just turned the car on(the engine stayed on) Now see that I was going 70mph on the interstate I thought that was extremely dangerous. I was about 5 minutes from the dealership so I drove straight there and got the same runaround checked the OBD and said to let them know if it happened again. I went to park my car just a week later and it did the same no key fob detected so I drove straight to the dealer they did the same check OBD and said come back if it happens again, but I made a bigger deal and said that's what you've said twice now so they made an appointment to look at my car the next week. Between that time and the appointment, my car stalled out(I have an automatic transmission ). So I took my car straight to the dealer right after it happened. That threw 2 codes p0700 and p0747 the repairs are listed as(2810175 transmission control module reprogrammed with sps 329 w) and nothing was listed on the work order about the electrical problems. I little while goes by and the dash turns off while I'm driving and get the same runaround at the dealer they say that we will have to wait till something actually breaks so they'll know what to fix. Then a little more time passed and I was driving on the interstate and my car starts shaking while at low RPMs so the next day I take my car to the dealer and they have it for about a week and finally they replaced the torque converter(and kind of unrelated they damaged my door handle while working on it and had to schedule a whole other appointment a month later to get it repainted) car is fine for a couple months then it starts the whole dash turning off I go to the dealer and explain to them that I think it is dangerous for me to drive with it doing that and they reply with we're not sure what is making it do it and will have to wait till it stops working to see whats wrong with it. A few weeks later it starts saying no key fob detected but the problem is when it does it I drive straight to the dealer and it doesn't do it so they keep saying the same thing wait till it stops working so we know what to fix. Finally one day it does it when I'm about 30 seconds away from the dealer and I get there and they finally see it saying no key fob detected so they keep the car for a few days and run test and end up doing nothing to the car. That kinda made me upset but I keep driving it not much longer goes by and it does it again but this time I didn't have the time to go to the dealer so I just let the car turn off the problem is now I could not lock the car door with the fob so I just leave it unlocked and come back later hoping that it will be working but it isn't so they have a wrecker come to get my car. This time they replace (6430260 remote control door lock receiver 326 w). This seems to have stopped the key fob detecting problem. Some time passes and it starts the dash and radio turning off the same week it also starts where the passenger window will only go up an inch but after three times pushing window up it goes up and also the radio volume will randomly go up and down I go to the dealer and they keep the car and replace the radio and that is all. Now a couple weeks later my car started shaking like the torque converter is messing up again. Relly tiered of all the problems not really sure what my next step should be the dealer is clearly not seeming to actually fix any of the problems.
john-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
this makes my eyes hurt, need some formatting

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Paragraphs, man.

Read up on the various threads with electrical issues. You’ve either got a short, a rub thru, an iffy battery/voltage control, or a bad ground.

These cars throw all kinds of codes and various parts stop working or work badly when the voltage goes low.

Paragraphs.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:02 PM   #4
john-w

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Sorry about the formatting wrote it in a hurry really don’t have time to be reading through all the different threads and one of the main problems is all the time I’m spending at the dealer with nothing getting fixed.
Should I try to go to a different dealer or is there a way to contact a higher up with gm
john-w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical issues, lemon, torque converter