Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #5237
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Added lower grill red accent strips
How did you add the red grill inserts and where did you get them. Thx.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:59 PM   #5238
TenSeven

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Painted my calipers today:

Uh, oh... something went wrong. Ordered the custom match to Garnet Red from G2 (paint code G7E), but this is not right. Maybe it will lighten as it dries overnight?

Maybe I'll have to contact G2 next week and see if they have any info.
TenSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:11 AM   #5239
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
How did you add the red grill inserts and where did you get them. Thx.
https://camaroswag.com/collections/6...-grill-inserts
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:16 AM   #5240
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
What kind of rotors are those?
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:37 AM   #5241
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Since I had a problem with my illuminated door sills delaminating, I decided to try covering with Xpel based on the success of another site member. Both illuminated sills were replaced under warranty in November.

Anyway, I first did the driver side a few days ago. It certainly looks like crap at first since with all the letter contours it is just about impossible (for me anyway) to get all the air and soapy water out with the sgueegie. However, as each day went by and thing dried out, it has been looking better and better.

So, last nite, I did the passenger side. Already the passenger side is looking much better this morning.

Top is the driver side, bottom is the passenger side.
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.

Last edited by KLG; 05-27-2018 at 02:40 PM.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #5242
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSeven View Post

Uh, oh... something went wrong. Ordered the custom match to Garnet Red from G2 (paint code G7E), but this is not right. Maybe it will lighten as it dries overnight?

I think(if it's like my wife's Soul Red Mazda) Garnet is a three layer process. If you only got one can, then you only got one layer. Doubt anyone makes the entire process in high temp paint. The flake and the clear is what lightens the process. Those types of paint are supposed to be a major pain to replicate and match.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #5243
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Washed, clayed and waxed.

Installed my new CoverCraft dust cover to keep it looking good while in the garage.
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:50 PM   #5244
TenSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
What kind of rotors are those?
I assume you are directing that question to me. They are Power Stops I bought via Amazon.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #5245
TenSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
I think(if it's like my wife's Soul Red Mazda) Garnet is a three layer process. If you only got one can, then you only got one layer. Doubt anyone makes the entire process in high temp paint. The flake and the clear is what lightens the process. Those types of paint are supposed to be a major pain to replicate and match.
I think you are onto something here. Garnet Red is translucent (is that the right word?), not solid so it picks up the base coat color when applied.

What I should have done was laid down a base coat of silver, then the GR color.

I tested this idea by painting a piece of plastic strip very dark gray on one half and the other half silver. I then sprayed the entire plastic strip Garnet Red using a bottle DuliColor touch-up paint. The results of the test looked just like my pic above. Lesson learned.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #5246
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

See my post #5048 - same thing for me. The color is darker than Garnet Red. I still like it though, and it has a certain metallic look to it.
Allez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:13 PM   #5247
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
I think you are onto something here. Garnet Red is translucent (is that the right word?), not solid so it picks up the base coat color when applied.

What I should have done was laid down a base coat of silver, then the GR color.

I tested this idea by painting a piece of plastic strip very dark gray on one half and the other half silver. I then sprayed the entire plastic strip Garnet Red using a bottle DuliColor touch-up paint. The results of the test looked just like my pic above. Lesson learned.
Well, if you count primer that would be four layer I guess on a some colors(soul red, diamond tri coat, etc), I was just talking about the paint. It's either First color is solid red, next layer has some flake and pearl, final is clear OR maybe first layer is metallic, second is pearl, final is clear. (May depend on manufacturer or color?) I'm not an expert, just looked into touch up for her car and learned some things. You may be able to call a paint supplier and find out, just give them your paint code and they should be able to tell you. Some Orielly's do paint mixing.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #5248
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
Sorry it took me a while to get a good shot. Here you are:

I was going to use the glossifier but my wife threatened me with bodily harm if I did. Her car, her choice.

And a distance shot:

Looks pretty darn good
Old 05-27-2018, 11:33 PM   #5249
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Cool, thanks
Old 05-29-2018, 04:45 PM   #5250
TenSeven

After all the work last weekend of installing brake rotors, pads, and painting the calipers last night I started the car up to go bed the brakes Only to find the MyLink screen locked up. Marvelous.

Tried the reset tricks with no success, so I dropped it off at the dealer. Less than an hour later I got the call telling to me to return and pick the car up. Wow, that was quick!

When I returned to the service dept, I learned the screen was not fixed. They have to order a replacement and will call me when it is ready.

Sigh...