Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #281
Steve84

Drives: 69 Camaro (sold)
It's sad what is happening to the country. I feel almost certain the Camaro brand will be dropped in the next few years, and when this happens, the muscle care industry will suffer. Observe what happened to the 2002 Camaro after it was dropped as the hobby took a big hit. I hope the Camaro lives on but my gut says otherwise.
Steve84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:30 AM   #282
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve84 View Post
It's sad what is happening to the country. I feel almost certain the Camaro brand will be dropped in the next few years, and when this happens, the muscle care industry will suffer. Observe what happened to the 2002 Camaro after it was dropped as the hobby took a big hit. I hope the Camaro lives on but my gut says otherwise.
I'm somewhat more optimistic, as the Camaro's market segment is arguably stronger now.

You have to remember that in 2002 the Challenger nameplate had been dead and buried for nearly 20 years, 25 if you discount the rebranded Mitsubishi Sapporo (sold as the Dodge Colt Challenger, which certainly does not imply full-on ponycar intent).

Norm