#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-11-2021, 08:14 PM   #337
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Haha. I had to call and ask wtf I was suppose to do with those. I was told they are ment as drill guides for trunks that don't have the holes already drilled.. I guess their cf trunk lids aren't drilled for them and other model camaros done have the holes drilled.
Wow really. How exactly they are drill guides I just don't understand. But hey thanks for the answer. Lol
Old 05-11-2021, 08:25 PM   #338
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Wow really. How exactly they are drill guides I just don't understand. But hey thanks for the answer. Lol

From what they explained, you would put some painters tape on the back end of the trunk and put the spoiler where want it. Then tape down 2 of those plastic straps on each side of the bolt and tape them down. Then drill. Idk how well that would have worked out, but im just glad I didn't have to do that.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:43 AM   #339
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I refused the shipment on mine today since I didn't want it so there should be another one going back to Anderson very soon for someone else.
Hope it’s me. Ordered mine Jan 4th.
But there again I bet there’s loads of guys in front...
weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:44 PM   #340
AZIROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Had to leave work for a bit to go meet the delivery people. Inspected the wing and thankfully there is no damage that I could see.

Any install updates yet? I'm really curious (and hopeful) your install was easier than mine.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #341
Jaxcam02

Quote:
Any install updates yet? I'm really curious (and hopeful) your install was easier than mine.
I'm not gonna get to it until Saturday. I'm not going to even try to do it myself and risk scratching my deck lid. In the mean time I used my last bit of ceramic coating and letting it cure
Old 05-12-2021, 08:21 PM   #342
Jaxcam02

So I just pulled off the rubber caps and measured the furthest bolt spread at 42.5 inches. On the Anderson spoiler the same bolt spread is about 42 and a 1/8 inches. I am unsure how large the trunk holes are but if they are pretty much equal to the bolt diameter I am sure I am going to have to forcefully spread the outer stanchions into place.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:07 PM   #343
AZIROC

My best advise is lay a few layers of tape around each trunk hole just to reduce the risk of scraping.

Hopefully its an easier "drop in" but if its not, well..first.. my best advise is get a 2nd pair of hands. Put the psg side bolts in first but only by the 1st few sets of threads. Then get the middle 2 bolts in, again, by just a few threads. Then on the driver side, if its off alittle, it should be "close enough" that just putting alittle positive pressure on the post SHOULD be enough to get a few threads in. pull all the tape off and then start lightly pressing down on the spoiler. Go driver side, center, psg side, then repeat till its all the way in. Again, im hoping everything goes good for you but your measurements sound like what mine were at.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:38 AM   #344
Jaxcam02

Quote:
My best advise is lay a few layers of tape around each trunk hole just to reduce the risk of scraping.
Hopefully its an easier "drop in" but if its not, well..first.. my best advise is get a 2nd pair of hands. Put the psg side bolts in first but only by the 1st few sets of threads. Then get the middle 2 bolts in, again, by just a few threads. Then on the driver side, if its off alittle, it should be "close enough" that just putting alittle positive pressure on the post SHOULD be enough to get a few threads in. pull all the tape off and then start lightly pressing down on the spoiler. Go driver side, center, psg side, then repeat till its all the way in. Again, im hoping everything goes good for you but your measurements sound like what mine were at.
oh this is my plan. I use painters tape for everything. Plenty of Tape, some towels to protect the deck lid and a buddy is my plan.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #345
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Ordered mine Dec 10. Received it today. Very well packaged and no visible damage. Tracking info was 1 day off
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:11 PM   #346
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Test fit of the wing and all the mounting points seem to be pretty far off the holes (including the center) in the trunk. Wonder if they test fit these things before they leave the factory. I'm using a correct 3 position spoiler trunk lid with reinforced holes etc, not the SS 1LE lid.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #347
Jaxcam02

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Test fit of the wing and all the mounting points seem to be pretty far off the holes (including the center) in the trunk. Wonder if they test fit these things before they leave the factory. I'm using a correct 3 position spoiler trunk lid with reinforced holes etc, not the SS 1LE lid.
got any pics of what kind of difference we're talking about here?
Old 05-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #348
AZIROC

I'm curious as well how far off. I hate to sounds like a broken record, but for me, I had to start off on the psg side and work to the driver side. If I went driver side first, then the center and psg side was WAY off. If I tried to line it up by the center holes, then drv and psg side was way off. But for whatever reason, going psg side 1st, the center BARELY fit and the driver side just needed alittle positive pressure to fit in the hole. Again, 2 people and taking your time are a biggest thing.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:49 PM   #349
Jaxcam02

So a little look at what we are dealing with here
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2021, 08:25 PM   #350
AZIROC

Yup, if you look at my 1st pics, it's the exact same thing.

*obviously gotta take the nuts off* but that psg side you have to get only like 2 threads in and then the center bolts will fit (and be semi rubbing on the inside of the hole). The drv side will still be alittle off but it will be closer than what your at now.

Then just alittle positive pressure on the driver side pillar and "convince" the bolts to fit in the holes. Then slowly lower it at the same time by giving it alittle pressure on the top (or pulling down on the pillars). Once you get the bolts through the trunk lid and enough to put the nuts on, the psg and center pillars should be sitting flush and the driver side will be alittle high. Then use the nuts on the driver side bolts and slowly tighten it. This will lower the spoiler into place.