Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-02-2023, 03:14 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobby View Post
I have a 2016 v6 ragtop. And I feel that I have to clarify my driving background. I am sporty everyday driver, not a sporty driver. My typical limit is about 1/2 throttle, but occasionally go to 3/4. I rarely make it to 4K rpm. I’ve never come close to reaching the point where the tires start letting go of the road... if that ever happened, I would think that calamity would ensue. Anyone know how much typical car engines can take? How much throttle and how close to redline can you get on a regular basis without affecting engine and part life?
Bumping.

Blobby...That V6 is made to sing! Give it the beans and let it rev up near redline! I'm not saying do it ALL the time, but you can do it often and it will be fine. By only allowing yourself to go up to 4K you are only beginning to crack the potential of your car.

It's a Camaro. Let it play from time to time.

As for handling...every Camaro handles well but the V6 convertible is probably the worst handling one in the bunch.