Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 08-23-2019, 03:02 PM   #15
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
Ohh great idea... just tap into the handle light, I wouldn't mind just the white like you... One of the features I love about the camaro and I don't have.

Yeah thats what I read, keep us updated.

Also nice steering wheel, did you paint the white?
You have a post of your build? would love to follow.
I need to put one together...I used a fine tip orange sharpie permanent marker..used it for the the boot and shifter as well .it's time consuming ..but came out nicely over all the the interior mods are coming together.
Attached Images

orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #16
YungJimbo

Drives: 1LT w/RS
So if you swap the doors to the 2SS doors, to light up the ambient lighting all you have to do is hook up an led bulb?
YungJimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:35 PM   #17
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungJimbo View Post
So if you swap the doors to the 2SS doors, to light up the ambient lighting all you have to do is hook up an led bulb?
Yes that what I did ..I just ran the power from the light that goes to the door handle and use cob 194 led bulbs to the light up door panels.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #18
CrazyCatGuy
I'm the cats pajamas baby

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange devil View Post
Yes that what I did ..I just ran the power from the light that goes to the door handle and use cob 194 led bulbs to the light up door panels.
You had to do this because of the mirrors correct? I am interested in doing this conversion as well and want to make sure that I can just leave my 1SS door harness there and tap the power to the door handle light like you did. Just wanna make sure I do it right the first time. I also assume you put the 194 LEDs in there since there was no way to control the multi-color function?

Thanks for your help
Old 10-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #19
orange devil
Account Suspended

I did the RGB ..but just decided on the bright cob led ..it was brighter ..so I changed back my stock 1ss harness and the mirrors still did not work ...was because I also swapped my mirrors to some factory 1le mirrors..but after swapping the harness in the mirrors..it's all good now ..and yes ..just use the power to light for the inner door handles.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #20
CrazyCatGuy
I'm the cats pajamas baby

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I did the RGB ..but just decided on the bright cob led ..it was brighter ..so I changed back my stock 1ss harness and the mirrors still did not work ...was because I also swapped my mirrors to some factory 1le mirrors..but after swapping the harness in the mirrors..it's all good now ..and yes ..just use the power to light for the inner door handles.
Cool, thanks!
Old 05-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #21
Wheat_Fed_SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Was able to install upgraded 2ss door panels in my 1ss . swapped out the multicolored circuit cards with .194 led bulbs ..also installed some led door sills at the same time .
Where did you get the .194 led bulbs? I can’t seem to find ones that match yours
Wheat_Fed_SS is offline   Reply With Quote