Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #2171
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
This looks like that group of cars that was spied on the car hauler a week or two ago, that smaller ZL1 1LE wing is very intriguing to me!
These are the same cars since both spyshots were made in Vegas. According to the IG Account of the photographer they will make a roadtrip to San Francisco after local testing in Vegas
Old 05-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #2172
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I'm still wondering what the sales totals for the 2010-2015 MY in the Camaro would look like if rentals were factored out..
Paging MEDISIN, he could probably get that info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
Basically every car goes thru a mid-cycle refresh before a new 1 comes out 2-3 years after that. I don't know were the idea of a refresh to boost sales comes from.
Imagine what people would do if it was like back in the day where stuff changed every year almost lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:00 PM   #2173
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Here are direct uploads. The SS looks fine in black
That Black SS convertible...
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #2174
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
If the Camaro is killing the Challenger and Mustang in sales then why the refresh to improve sales.
I r cornfused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
They refreshed the Mustang after the same amount of time. I guess I'm confused as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
Basically every car goes thru a mid-cycle refresh before a new 1 comes out 2-3 years after that. I don't know were the idea of a refresh to boost sales comes from.
The way product planning works in the car industry, by the time the first 2015 Mustang hit dealer lots, work had already started on the 2018 mid-cycle. Likewise, by the time the first 2016 Camaro hit the dealer lots, work had begun on the 2019 mid-cycle. Obviously, both of these were done before there were any real sales reports. Mid-cycles serve a couple of purposes.

The primary purpose is to fold in new technologies that weren’t quite ready at the initial launch (10AT and Direct + Port Injection for Mustang; 10AT, and mirror cam for Camaro). It also gives designers the opportunity to tweak the design so the “half generations” can be visually identifiable and to give people turning in a car off a 2 - 3 year lease incentive to stay with the brand. They won’t be leasing “the exact same car I leased 3 years ago”.

There could be some minor tweaking added to a mid-cycle to address issues that could affect sales, but usually those are very minor issues and issues that have no consequence on fuel economy or safety regulations. But for the most part, the direction of the mid-cycle is set BEFORE tangible sales information is available.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:35 PM   #2175
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
That low wing ZL1 1LE keeps popping up. Wonder what that’s about.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:01 PM   #2176
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
They need to have a 30-second ad without voice-overs that simply shows the 1LE family lapping a track and ZL1s flying down backroads, and shows the Camaro logo at the end. Have a secondary ad with ZL1s at the drag strip and convertibles winding down mountain roads(with good exhaust notes). Let the cars do the talking. Heck, throw a Hellcat beside the ZL1 at the strip and GT350R on the track, both falling behind the Camaro.
Great idea, simple and exciting!
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:48 PM   #2177
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
That low wing ZL1 1LE keeps popping up. Wonder what that’s about.
Is the same one that appeared in Las Vegas

Last edited by JhonnyGTR; 05-29-2018 at 08:57 PM. Reason: A correction
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:04 PM   #2178
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Calling a 2019 Camaro ugly is good marketing for your business ? People will buy the 2019 Camaro and hopefully they see how you feel about them and spend there money somewhere else , i know as a 2018 Camaro owner i would not spend money at your business knowing how you feel . And the Camaro cost more then Mustang and Challenger for good reasons , Chevy should not have to step backwards to there level to justify sales.
Sorry I didn't word that correctly, so far most people are not very positive on the new styling which more than likely won't help sales. I like the 2016-18 Camaros and have owned 3, actually just got a 2018. There obviously doesn't have to be a Camaro in every garage, but I really don't want to see them go away again like in 2002. I own a 4th gen fbody, it's almost 20 years old and still a fun car. Camaros/Firebirds in my opinion have always been fun performance cars, just seems to be other things happening at GM that hurt sales which is frustrating.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:01 PM   #2179
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Here are direct uploads. The SS looks fine in black
I would not say it looks fine. I would say it does not look as bad. Let’s get real here, I just had a Chevy dealer tell me that he does not know what the hell Chevy was thinking. He basically stated that his whole staff is in shock in regard to the refresh. Informed me that just about everyone has said.......Nooooooooooo!

All I can say is glad I purchased my 17 2SS at the end of the season last year because there is no frickin way in hell I’d buy a 2019. I’ve never liked the front of the recent Lexus which the refresh reminds of! Reminds of the creature from the movie Predator and that is not a good thing.

Chevy! The Camaro is suppose to be an American muscle car, are you listening, an American muscle car. We let you get away with the marginal 2016-18. You almost lost me until I drove it. Took a while but I finally accepted that it was still a marginal American muscle car that was leaning very heavily toward an American sports car. Still enough of the stuff and looks that sort of made it a muscle car.

Here’s the kicker, your audience for this car is old farts like me. And this refresh is not the answer. I know what you are doing, your trying to capture the younger crowd. However, you have made the Camaro so expensive that the average young American can not afford them. Hey Chevy, are you listening! Your marketing staff needs to think about a new vocation. Old farts are the ones buying these cars and this new refresh will have us running to Ford or Dodge to get that American muscle car look. Most of us have issues with the big mouth bass look. That is not an American muscle car. The 2016-18 pushed it pretty hard and almost lost some of us. I know I was on the fence.

When I was in high school, the average kid with a job washing dishes could afford a Camaro if you saved your pennies for a few years. In fact, a friend of mine did just that. Today, not a chance, you’d have to wash a lot of dishes to get a decent Camaro. So if you are catering to the young crowd I suggest you get your prices in line and people like me will just have to look to Ford or Dodge for decent American muscle cars. I really hope the Camaro survives after this but it is not looking good. All I can say is... The Heartbreak of America!

Last edited by mjross; 05-29-2018 at 10:45 PM.
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #2180
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjross View Post
I would not say it looks fine. I would say it does not look as bad. Let’s get real here, I just had a Chevy dealer tell me that he does not know what the hell Chevy was thinking. He basically stated that his whole staff is in shock in regard to the refresh. Informed me that just about everyone has said.......Nooooooooooo!

All I can say is glad I purchased my 17 2SS at the end of the season last year because there is no frickin way in hell I’d buy a 2019. I’ve never liked the front of the recent Lexus! Reminds of the creature from the movie Predator and that is not a good thing. The Heartbreak of America!
Agreed. We all want the refresh to look great but deep down we all know that it isn't and I don't think eternity would be enough time for the new look to grow on us. I think they should do an emergency refresh of the refresh since sales are going to tank even further. On the bright side you may be able to pick up an ugly but fantastic performance car for a bargain as they sit on the lots...
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:48 PM   #2181
mjross

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Agreed. We all want the refresh to look great but deep down we all know that it isn't and I don't think eternity would be enough time for the new look to grow on us. I think they should do an emergency refresh of the refresh since sales are going to tank even further. On the bright side you may be able to pick up an ugly but fantastic performance car for a bargain as they sit on the lots...
Hear that!
Old 05-29-2018, 11:10 PM   #2182
mjross

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I've seen plenty of 6th gen Camaros in person to know the rear is a lazy attempt at best. It just isn't very good. Taking a picture of part of it from an extreme angle doesn't change reality. Maybe I won't like the 19 rear in person and they are keeping the SS spoiler which is awful, but that doesn't make the pre refresh better.

Thing is, you've probably posted in this thread over 100 times telling everyone you don't like the 2019 and how much better yours is. I think you can move on.
You can too!
Old 05-29-2018, 11:13 PM   #2183
mjross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
With respect....then you aren't reading all comments. There are some people who like it.
Very few! Give it up...
Old 05-29-2018, 11:15 PM   #2184
mjross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Very few have seen it in person, and it's not fair to generalize until it has been on the the show circuit, at least. I actually like it a lot...it took a LONG time to grow on me, but there it is. I've read comments in this and other threads, as well as facebook - the majority response is negative, but there are positive responses buried in there. As it always goes on social media.

Typically...If 50% like it, and 50% hate it...80% of the haters will like it a year after it hits the streets. This is just the way it goes with these cars, and has been since 2006. Everyone thinks they're experts on a) what "everyone" wants, and b) automotive design in general. (Most recently, I remember the C7 tail lights decried as a "failure".)

Better than that it replaces? No...but I don't think any design has been "better" than the last - they've all been very attractive, but different. I will say though, this is probably the most different we've seen since the first-to-second generation transition...perhaps we've become too accustomed to the basic design language that's been used since the concept in 2006. That's 12 years!

That all said - everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And I'm certainly not here to tell you you're wrong for seeing and thinking what you do. All I'm here to say is that the "hate" is not 100% universal for this design...most of those that like it just can't be bothered to post about it.
What ever! Still ugly...

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!