Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #15
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
I got an email response back from PTP regarding the installation for our particular car and they said you do not need to remove the turbo to install the blanket.
Perfect

Shooting for Saturday morning for install pending weather.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #16
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
How did it go....
Damn vultures! I could not install Saturday due to the fact that I actually had to be an actual human being and help out around the house (happy wife happy life ).

My Go Pro should be arriving today so I was really waiting until I could do a legitimate install video. Unfortunately there is rain in the forecast today and tomorrow in Connecticut, so Wednesday is now the new planned install day.

I promise I won't forget to update you guys. If it is not raining when I get home today, I will get some temp readings of the engine bay to at least get the ball rolling.

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 11-08-2018, 08:05 AM   #17
whiskeyfed
Pat

Yesterday was a no go because it is getting dark at 5pm lol. Got stuck in a meeting.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 11-19-2018, 06:22 AM   #18
whiskeyfed
Pat

Sorry to keep you all impatiently waiting!

Linked below is a preliminary video with some of the engine bay temps after a long highway drive. Outside temp, as stated in video is around 30-40f so the temps dropped rapidly once i opened the hood.

Once I have a day that is a little less frigid, I'll get the blanket installed and get another video with some more readings for you all.

I was informed that these heat guns sometimes give false readings when measuring metallic surfaces so they may be slightly off from what you would get.

This was one of my first videos so I apologize for bad quality or audio.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 11-30-2018, 11:10 PM   #19
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Just installed this tonight. Really nice blanket. Very well made. I might be tripping, but it feels like the boost kicks in sooner and feels stronger. Especially 1st-3rd gear. I didn't notice any difference on the hwy. I need to log more driving for my final impressions though. I never lifted the hood after a drive, so I can't tell how much cooler the under hood temps are. I can tell you, the blanket was very hot. You absolutely could not "leave your hand on it". That's just pure B.S. However, the compresser (cold side) you could touch with your hand.

Installation wasn't to bad. It helps to have someone up top to help grab the wires from underneath.

1. Take off heat shield
2. Prep the bottom of the blanket with the wire ties
3. Fit the blanket underneath the waste gate control capsule and fish the wire ties to the bottom of the car
4. Jack up the driver side of the car
5. Fish the wire ties back up to the top of the engine. (This is where it really helps to have someone grab them from up top.)
6. Tie the wires snug around the buttons and cut of excess wire.

A huge thank you to Jason @JacFab for his support and help with all my questions.
Attached Images

RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 12-01-2018 at 12:53 AM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:40 PM   #20
whiskeyfed
Pat

Haha! You beat me to it! Hopefully after this weekend Ill have some decent time to be more active on here and actually put parts on...

Great post STM! Ill have this, the valve from JacFab and maybe even my FMIC installed before the new year!

Also caved in and ordered my own MPVI2 lol

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 12-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #21
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Haha! You beat me to it! Hopefully after this weekend Ill have some decent time to be more active on here and actually put parts on...

Great post STM! Ill have this, the valve from JacFab and maybe even my FMIC installed before the new year!

Also caved in and ordered my own MPVI2 lol
Sweet! You're going to need that to clear the code for the boost valve.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Old 08-20-2019, 08:30 PM   #22
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
good start...still...no...readings?
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:58 AM   #23
zedts1986

Drives: 2024 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Anyone looking to by this, use the code PTP10DEAL to receive 10% off your order.
FYI: this code still works! Just ordered my turbo blanket. Debating getting some of the exhaust wrap for the downpipe, but I'm on the fence.

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
zedts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 10:09 AM   #24
zedts1986

Drives: 2024 2SS 6MT
Finally just installed mine. Was fairly simple thanks to your pictures and tips, whiskeyfed.

Either I had my A-game going when driving into work today or it's spooling a bit quicker. Lag felt improved. Probably just in my head, but I'll take it!

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
zedts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #25
slalomsauce
at the apex

Drives: 2017 1LS
@ Start The Machine - is it possible to squeeze the stock heat shield back on over the blanket? It looks like it would be a tight fit, and you'd likely only be able to use 2 of the 3 screws, but I'm still curious.
slalomsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:50 PM   #26
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomsauce View Post
@ Start The Machine - is it possible to squeeze the stock heat shield back on over the blanket? It looks like it would be a tight fit, and you'd likely only be able to use 2 of the 3 screws, but I'm still curious.
The top screw for sure. You can probably get the bottom 2 screws in as well. It would be a tight fit, but doable. However, there would be absolutely no reason to put the heat shield back on over it. You want to keep the compressor side as cool as you can.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:55 AM   #27
Casimiro

Drives: 16 Cadillac ATS A8
I installed my PTP blanket on my 6785 running on E85 and which did not have a heat shield over it. It measured 525* with no shield after a drive. With the blanket it measured 127* after a similar drive.

Last edited by Casimiro; 02-02-2021 at 09:36 PM.
Casimiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #28
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimiro View Post
I installed my PTP blanket on my 6785 running on E85 and which did not have a heat shield over it. It measured 525* with no shield after a drive. With the blanket it measured 127* after a similar drive.
Awesome. Thank you for sharing this information.