Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #29
JacobC1983

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
What was the part number needed for upper console garage door buttons and where did you source it?
Gen5 DIY had it all... they sent it all to me ready to go.

Give them a private message or call them.
JacobC1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:15 AM   #30
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Just a heads up everyone.

I got the Gen5 harness last week, wasnt sure if it would even come in as I never got a tracking email and no one from Gen5 responded when I emailed them for the info.

Anyway, got the harness and installed it in the car. I ordered a new overhead GDO console thru my dealer since I get them at a good price. Installed the panel and went to test everything and it was a no-go. The Homelink GDO would not power on or work. Checked the harness several times and verified I had voltage to the new plug. I then took the GDO over to my 2016 Sierra that has the homelink in it and plugged the Camaro homelink into the trucks plug and the homelink powered right up.

After scratching my head for a bit I took a picture of the connectors on the OEM Sierra plug and the Gen5 plug. The Gen5 plug is wired incorrectly.

From the locking clip on the plug that secures it into the GDO module, it should go:

Black - blank spot - Yellow - Red

My Gen5 harness was setup as Red - White - blank spot - Black

After figuring how to release the micro pins I then re-pinned the Gen5 harness along with redoing the tape wrap on it as out of the box the tape on my harness was coming off and looked like it was done in a hurry.

I got mine working after re-pinning the Gen5 harness. I tried to call Gen5 with no answer and have messaged them on this board and havent heard back from them yet.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #31
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Mine was also pinned wrong. They paid for shipping back to them and fixed it. Works great now.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 05:09 AM   #32
bereic

Drives: Camaro SS 2018 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Just a heads up everyone.

I got the Gen5 harness last week, wasnt sure if it would even come in as I never got a tracking email and no one from Gen5 responded when I emailed them for the info.

Anyway, got the harness and installed it in the car. I ordered a new overhead GDO console thru my dealer since I get them at a good price. Installed the panel and went to test everything and it was a no-go. The Homelink GDO would not power on or work. Checked the harness several times and verified I had voltage to the new plug. I then took the GDO over to my 2016 Sierra that has the homelink in it and plugged the Camaro homelink into the trucks plug and the homelink powered right up.

After scratching my head for a bit I took a picture of the connectors on the OEM Sierra plug and the Gen5 plug. The Gen5 plug is wired incorrectly.

From the locking clip on the plug that secures it into the GDO module, it should go:

Black - blank spot - Yellow - Red

My Gen5 harness was setup as Red - White - blank spot - Black

After figuring how to release the micro pins I then re-pinned the Gen5 harness along with redoing the tape wrap on it as out of the box the tape on my harness was coming off and looked like it was done in a hurry.

I got mine working after re-pinning the Gen5 harness. I tried to call Gen5 with no answer and have messaged them on this board and havent heard back from them yet.
I had the same issue with their EURO DRL wiring harness... they mixed up + and -.
Happily nothing burned!
Also no response on my email nor a Sorry.
Not good!

Question:
1. I have read that the Homelink Transmitter from 2015 onwards work also with 433Mhz. Is someone able to confirm?
2. Is it possible to have them powered OEM? I read OEM the transmitter is haveing power also without ignition? is that right?
bereic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:33 AM   #33
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Guy we respond to all e-mails, but some of them may go to spam, and we have a lot more then 1 way to get a hold of us. You can PM us here , facebook, or call us, when we get in first 2 hr are spent on emails and the rest, so if we make a a bad harness we fixed or refund you when we get the old one back.

If you don't here from us please try any of the other ways to get us.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote