Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #15
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
It was a bust.

I still have not beat my stock 1/4 or 60' times.

But the real problem is getting the ZL1 up to operating temps in the cooler weather after sitting. My fastest run was right off the street. 11.454@121.89 1.808 60'. The DA was around +500.

I think the trick is using the Oil Temp Dash gauge. The coolant temp gauge is useless.

Even after shutting off the car It starts cooling off almost immediately. The bar should split the "200" right down the middle. I am not complaining about the good cooling, but you have to work around that at the drag strip.
That sucks! I have never really looked at my oil temp before I made a run! I guess i was more concerned with keeping the blower cool by putting a fan on it between runs. I am planning on going to capitol on the 18th of November and I will pay more attention to my oil temps! Hoping for a PB that day! Of course my buddy with the Hellcat will be there to ruin my day! lol I will have a suprise for him come next year though! Are you doing the track rental at Cecil on the 25th? I would like too but thats a tough weekend with Thanksgiving and family! damn family! lol
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018ZL1 View Post
That sucks! I have never really looked at my oil temp before I made a run! I guess i was more concerned with keeping the blower cool by putting a fan on it between runs. I am planning on going to capitol on the 18th of November and I will pay more attention to my oil temps! Hoping for a PB that day! Of course my buddy with the Hellcat will be there to ruin my day! lol I will have a suprise for him come next year though! Are you doing the track rental at Cecil on the 25th? I would like too but thats a tough weekend with Thanksgiving and family! damn family! lol
Yup going to the rental. I will just be getting back from taking the family to Key West for the week before. So they will be sick of me by then

I am told my warm up obsession is not a solution. I think I need to record some runs with HP Tuners to figure out what might be going on.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:48 AM   #17
Fraxum

Just ordered one of the new HP Tuners so I (or with some help) can figure out what is going on. I love the idea of logging on my Surface PC with Bluetooth. No more cables all over the place. I wonder why you cant update or pull the tune without a cable?

And man we got screwed by HP Tuners after 2017 with the credits. 4 for just the ECM?
Old 10-29-2018, 05:37 PM   #18
2018ZL1

Quote:
Just ordered one of the new HP Tuners so I (or with some help) can figure out what is going on. I love the idea of logging on my Surface PC with Bluetooth. No more cables all over the place. I wonder why you cant update or pull the tune without a cable?

And man we got screwed by HP Tuners after 2017 with the credits. 4 for just the ECM?
Thats a good idea! I am buying mine thru Ted at some point this winter! About the cable deal, wireless is a great alternative to wired! but... if you want it to work and be guaranteed you arent missing data a wire is the best way to go! I would think if you are uploading a tune via wireless and you drop some packets that could be disastrous!

I dont know much about these credits! other than is more money! Looks like Ted quoted me the HP tuner with 8 credits??
Old 10-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #19
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018ZL1 View Post
Thats a good idea! I am buying mine thru Ted at some point this winter! About the cable deal, wireless is a great alternative to wired! but... if you want it to work and be guaranteed you arent missing data a wire is the best way to go! I would think if you are uploading a tune via wireless and you drop some packets that could be disastrous!

I dont know much about these credits! other than is more money! Looks like Ted quoted me the HP tuner with 8 credits??
Yep Ted is correct $400 for ECM and TCM credits + the $$ for the hardware. He is great to work with and knows what he is doing and will answer your questions. I am going to get some help to get started and then try to learn more about tuning.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #20
Fraxum

Already negative DA at Atco. Maybe a new PB tonite.....
Old 10-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #21
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Bring the data logger. Ive been out doing logs all afternoon. Get that loss in mph figured out. And PBs will be happeningon ever pass.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #22
2018ZL1

Quote:
Already negative DA at Atco. Maybe a new PB tonite.....
good luck! keep us updated!!
Old 10-31-2018, 07:23 AM   #23
Fraxum

Some success! Even though a 10 is still far away Big Red ran some respectable ZL1 A10 times. It felt stronger than it had for a while.

My first run off the street was a 11.312@123.40 -100 DA. Then a few minutes later the run below just touching 11.2. After that I ran again and spun at the line and then there was a big spill. So I left. I now matched my best 60' time on stock tires with the DRs. Maybe with a little help from Atco DA and a 1.6 60' a 10 at least seems possible.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #24
2018ZL1

Quote:
Some success! Even though a 10 is still far away Big Red ran some respectable ZL1 A10 times. It felt stronger than it had for a while.

My first run off the street was a 11.312@123.40 -100 DA. Then a few minutes later the run below just touching 11.2. After that I ran again and spun at the line and then there was a big spill. So I left. I now matched my best 60' time on stock tires with the DRs. Maybe with a little help from Atco DA and a 1.6 60' a 10 at least seems possible.

Thats respectable! nice run! Still should have some good weather before winter sets in to try and get that ever elusive 10.XX!