Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-18-2018, 07:00 AM   #15
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Hey sent you a PM. Just to clear up any misunderstandings with the terminology. Just wanted to say that the way I understand it. the Valley Port is the lower one with the PCV built in and where the dirty crankcase air comes from. The upper connection near the throttlebody is the clean side intake port.

So cap off the lower valley port. No longer needed.

Connect the upper intake port to the that vacuum junction box and from there to the clean side of the catch can. (the one with the PCV built into the can)

You already know the dirty side of the can connects to the oil fill cap adapter
Thanks, I returned your PM. Looks like I hooked it up correct.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #16
Sick1le

Drives: 2017 camaro ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Hey sent you a PM. Just to clear up any misunderstandings with the terminology. Just wanted to say that the way I understand it. the Valley Port is the lower one with the PCV built in and where the dirty crankcase air comes from. The upper connection near the throttlebody is the clean side intake port.

So cap off the lower valley port. No longer needed.

Connect the upper intake port to the that vacuum junction box and from there to the clean side of the catch can. (the one with the PCV built into the can)

You already know the dirty side of the can connects to the oil fill cap adapter
so I am in the market of getting this catch can as well. I just want to be sure i order the correct one. did you get the Camaro 6 wild and which fitting did you order i have the same set up. i also noticed you got the gates green serpentine belt would you happen to remember where you ordered that from and what size it was. a part number would be awesome. thanks in advance.
Sick1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #17
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick1le View Post
so I am in the market of getting this catch can as well. I just want to be sure i order the correct one. did you get the Camaro 6 wild and which fitting did you order i have the same set up. i also noticed you got the gates green serpentine belt would you happen to remember where you ordered that from and what size it was. a part number would be awesome. thanks in advance.
Use this link. David Childress aka MM, will steer you in the right direction.

https://www.mightymousesolutions.com/can-helper
Old 12-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #18
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick1le View Post
Do you need the gates green belt for the stock 4.0 pulley?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote