Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Track night at Gingerman

Just seeing if anyone else is attending the event on the 25th? I’m driving from Chicago southwest burbs.

You can register on the SCCA website.

It’s my first event ever....
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
I had planned on it, but will be at the drag strip in Martin with a few of the other guys.

Track Night in America is a nice event though, I went to one earlier this year at Gingerman, especially if it's your first time out on track.

Gingerman is a great course too, been a bunch in my Saturn but need to get out there with the Camaro.
ZZP_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #3
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
I had planned on it, but will be at the drag strip in Martin with a few of the other guys.

Track Night in America is a nice event though, I went to one earlier this year at Gingerman, especially if it's your first time out on track.

Gingerman is a great course too, been a bunch in my Saturn but need to get out there with the Camaro.
I have no idea what to expect but track night looks more fitting for a novice like myself. Only 125 bucks!
Old 07-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #4
ZZP_Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
I have no idea what to expect but track night looks more fitting for a novice like myself. Only 125 bucks!
You'll get hooked for life. Just make sure your car is in good condition, everything tight, etc. Since there's no instructors, try to grab a more experienced driver to ride along with you. If you get any Go Pro video I can help with driving tips etc afterward, although I'm by no means an expert.

There's plenty of run off at Gingerman, honestly probably the best course for a beginner. Since you're a novice they'll take you out for slow laps your first session and then let you out.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
Lugnutty

Drives: 2022 2SS
@Aperretta You were in one of the blue cars? I was in the white one. Good to meet you yesterday!
Lugnutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #6
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnutty View Post
@Aperretta You were in one of the blue cars? I was in the white one. Good to meet you yesterday!
Hey! Thanks for loaning me the torque wrench, and was a pleasure to meet you too! First event for me - was a lot of fun and learned a lot about what this car can do. You will see me at another event for sure. I’m looking into doing a “laps” day at autobahn or another one of these track nights. The price on these with SCCA is attractive.

Last edited by Aperretta; 07-26-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I assume you mean this SCCA track night event on the 22nd, not the 25th? I attend these events pretty regularly and am registered for the upcoming one on the 22nd. It's a pretty good deal overall IMO. Gingerman is a very safe track and good to learn on because there's tons of run-off. Only thing you really have to watch out for is other drivers and where to re-enter the course if you go off, but it's really nothing major. Like Tyler mentioned, one of the downsides is that there's no instructors, but that's also not a huge deal because the track is nice and flat with no surprises, so it's pretty easy to pick up even without instructors.

If you haven't already registered, there's a couple of coupon codes out there to drop the price down to $100. I can also send you some of my PDR files if you're interested to get a look at some video prior to showing up. PM me if you'd like either of those since I don't check this part of the forum very often
Old 08-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #8
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
I assume you mean this SCCA track night event on the 22nd, not the 25th? I attend these events pretty regularly and am registered for the upcoming one on the 22nd. It's a pretty good deal overall IMO. Gingerman is a very safe track and good to learn on because there's tons of run-off. Only thing you really have to watch out for is other drivers and where to re-enter the course if you go off, but it's really nothing major. Like Tyler mentioned, one of the downsides is that there's no instructors, but that's also not a huge deal because the track is nice and flat with no surprises, so it's pretty easy to pick up even without instructors.

If you haven't already registered, there's a couple of coupon codes out there to drop the price down to $100. I can also send you some of my PDR files if you're interested to get a look at some video prior to showing up. PM me if you'd like either of those since I don't check this part of the forum very often
The last one was July 25th. It was a fun track. Lots of curves, which is probably best for me so that I couldn’t go too fast and do anything terribly wrong.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
Alpha1BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
The last one was July 25th. It was a fun track. Lots of curves, which is probably best for me so that I couldn’t go too fast and do anything terribly wrong.
Gotcha, my bad. That's what I get for joining the thread late haha. I did the 2 events there prior to that event, but was unfortunately unable to make it in July. Maybe will see you out there sometime, then!
Old 08-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #10
Lugnutty

Drives: 2022 2SS
I’m actually back out at Gingerman this weekend with PCA.

You guys coming out for the August TNIA?
Lugnutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:56 AM   #11
ZZP_Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnutty View Post
I’m actually back out at Gingerman this weekend with PCA.

You guys coming out for the August TNIA?
I hope to make it out! Will be my first time tracking the Camaro.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #12
PhreddT
Drive fast, take chances.

Drives: 69 Z/28, 85 SS Monte, 01 2500HD
I'm signed up for August 20th and September 17th at Gingerman with CGI. I have tracked a couple times with this organization, very good experience both times. I requested an instructor earlier in the year, he imparted a lot of helpful information, made a big improvement in my times.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #13
Alpha1BC

Yup, I'm signed up for the 22nd