Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
It's happening: Track Event Cancellations

I was just surfing on motorsport.reg and some club and track websites, looking to hit up ANY track asap!! Unfortunately it looks like track events have been and continue to be cancelled. I think those that were lucky to drive this past weekend, at various tracks around the country, very well may be the last to do so for some time. I knew SCCA sent their email suspending a few events, but I didn't expect ALL other organizations to follow so quickly.

Any leads on any immediate/pending events that are still a go??? (Not talking 2-3 months from now)
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)

Last edited by driven2exceSS; 03-16-2020 at 07:03 PM.
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
I think that you are going to be out of luck unless it is a small private group. I think it is totally insane that people are cancelling outdoor events with minimal interactions.

Speed Ventures looked like they were still hardcore on events, but they are a West Coast outfit.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #3
driven2exceSS

Yeah. I just don't want to accept it. lol But I agree with your view Scott.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 03-16-2020, 10:27 PM   #4
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Yup NJMP closed!
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #5
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Aside from SCCA, tracks are making the call. VIR closed as of today.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #6
samr350

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Palmer says they're staying open but we'll see what happens. Hopefully private events are still ok so I can get some days in this spring.
samr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:26 AM   #7
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by samr350 View Post
Palmer says they're staying open but we'll see what happens. Hopefully private events are still ok so I can get some days in this spring.
Interesting, I have had my eye on Palmer for April 11th, weather and CV pending. Since anticipating that the full COMSCC season will not actually be completed as a whole. I am also now following an event for March 28th at Limerock. Not so confident that this track will remain open either. I guess it is day by day, hour by hour...
Old 03-17-2020, 11:05 AM   #8
TWG1
TWG1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZLE
Chin/Barber cancelled this weekend. Major bummer since they tend to sell out novice groups on registration opening night, ~ 8 weeks ahead of event.

My thought is that the social cost of bucking CDC/POTUS guidance is far riskier than “going with the flow” at this point, despite present day revenue loss. Small businesses can’t afford public shaming in the Social Media world in which we live.
2021 F150 Powerboost (on order)
TWG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:32 AM   #9
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG1 View Post
Chin/Barber cancelled this weekend. Major bummer since they tend to sell out novice groups on registration opening night, ~ 8 weeks ahead of event.

My thought is that the social cost of bucking CDC/POTUS guidance is far riskier than “going with the flow” at this point, despite present day revenue loss. Small businesses can’t afford public shaming in the Social Media world in which we live.
This is the huge risk in such social precedence set by executive orders to close business operations.

It's rational and moral for the short term, but very close consideration needs to be considered on "short term"... People are and will loose their jobs the longer you go... At some point, the negative social-economic effects will severely out-weigh the potential health risk. It's touchy...

In my opinion, I think we really need to remove these business closures by start of April and adopt, in place, some sort of population concentration restrictions for certain types of businesses/activities that become less strict over the next 2-3 months.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #10
OhioRiderAaron

Drives: BMW M3
We have a race school set for April 2nd at VIR....as of yesterday it was not cancelled, but that's cutting it close with VIR being closed till at least the 1st. Yikes
OhioRiderAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:30 PM   #11
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Yep ChinTrackDays just cancelled their March Sebring event also. Ugh.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:52 PM   #12
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
NCM just announced they are closing until 4/6.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #13
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I was just about to say something about the Nurburgring still having TF sessions..... and the track is closed until April 6th :(
Old 03-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #14
JD_

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE in Nightfall Gray
Something that maybe has been missed here, but although everyone would do their absolute best to maintain some physical distance and avoid personal contact in the paddock, what we do when attending these events has an inherent risk -- crashes. Nobody likes to think about crashing at a track day, but when they happen you are now going to be in very close and intimate contact with emergency workers. These same emergency workers are already going to be stretched to their limits by their "real world" jobs as doctors, nurses, EMTs, and firemen away from the tracks.

Does it suck we can't scratch that itch for getting the perfect line thru the uphill esses at VIR? You bet! But at the end of the day, this is a hobby, not a necessity.

For what it's worth, my first event was scheduled for next weekend at VIR, but instead I spent the afternoon cancelling reservations.

(donning my new nomex racing suit now)

JD
JD_ is offline   Reply With Quote