Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

View Poll Results: So why are you on Camaro5??
I am a loyal Camaroist 226 79.58%
I am a Loyal Mustangist looking to defend my ride 2 0.70%
I am switching over to the Camaro from the Mustang 26 9.15%
I just join any and all car forums! 30 10.56%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #57
DanielleAnne

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Jealousy??? Lol just kidding, got Mustang friends, but I think they are just realizing what theyre in for to be honest.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #58
z06invb

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette Z06
Lets see...I have never owned a Camaro, never driven a Camaro and never even sat in a Camaro. In the 70's I was all Mopar all the time. Still have a 69 Superbee and 70 Coronet 383. In 1987 I wanted a new car. had to be RWD and V 8. I had a choice of Camaro or Mustang. Well the Mustang was almost 4 k less after the deal making was done. The Camaro...who knows...no one would come off MSRP. Been into Stangs since then. My last was a 03 mach 1. Not many talk about them when discussing the new Stangs but bone stock she ran a 13.26 @ 108.28. With simple mods she is easily in the 12s. My DD now is my Z 06. I traded it even for the Mach 1. I wanted the better gas mileage and insurance was 400 a year cheaper. My first GM car ever. The LS 6 in that thing is very cool!

Ok...so I was going to get a new Challenger ( old Mopar guy ) but realized if I waited a year or so the Camaro was coming out. So now I wait. I will compare them all and buy the best one I can. Right now I hate to say but I think the Challenger is out. Too much weight and not enough power. So it will come down to the Stang and Camaro.

Or I could just keep the Z 06...gee...what torture.

So thats why I am here. Watching, listening and waiting... my only loyalty is to performance and price.
z06invb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #59
predatoryangel

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Mustangs are fine and whatever.. but it seems like the entire state of Texas drives a Mustang..

Might be painful waiting on the Camaro but at least I know I won't see 100 others in one day!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #60
WildBeast15

Drives: 2002 mercury mountaineer
i personally dont believe it has anything at all to do with brand loyalty.. i just grew up with mustangs.. i love em to death... i never spoke bad about camaros i just hated corvettes... simple as that..
hell my brother has a cobra and a 82 gt but then he has a 63 nova and a stingray...
Old 04-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #61
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
My hats off to Ford for creating the Mustang, which started the whole Pony-car craze in 60's, and reinvigorated it with newest retro-look model. I've never been super crazy about Mustang styling, but the previous gen of looked pretty good once they flared out the wheel wells.

When it comes to pick-ups, its Ford all the way though for me. Always loved the F-150's, and my 98' Ford Ranger, and who can forget the good old Bronco's....
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #62
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
I refuse to vote because none of the four choices represents why I am on the camaro5 forum. :-)

As the original poster said, though, I am here because I have no brand loyalty, and in all probability will switch over to the Camaro. But in my case, it's switching back to a Camaro - this will be my fourth. Back in the day, when I owned my '74, '80, and '84 Z28s, I never envisioned owning a Ford of any type. Then one day a co-worker pulled away from my 1984 L69 H.O. Camaro Z28 5-speed with a Ford Capri 5.0 (yes, not even a Mustang), and it was at that point that I realized there is more to life than Camaros. ;-)

I almost didn't reply to this thread at all, but the original poster's tone seemed to be, er, less than welcoming -- so I just wanted to ask if it's not okay to like most RWD V8 American cars, even if they're not made by GM?

Oh, and a question for the original poster, which is not meant sarcastically at all, but just out of curiosity: how many Camaros have you owned?
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #63
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i say the original poster is an angry ricer
No.....Fin'.......way! I never riced in my life......German Cars, yes.....Not a fan of rice. I am a lover of the Camaro, MY father had a 67, my brother still has his 71, and I have always loved the 67-69 and have been waiting for something like this for YEARS.

I do not hate Mustangs, but if you grew up in the 70's you would understand the Healthy Rivalry/Competition. It is weird to me to see you guys on this forum....I wonder how many Camaro people are on the Mustang Forum?? I need to check and maybe Join!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #64
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
I refuse to vote because none of the four choices represents why I am on the camaro5 forum. :-)

As the original poster said, though, I am here because I have no brand loyalty, and in all probability will switch over to the Camaro. But in my case, it's switching back to a Camaro - this will be my fourth. Back in the day, when I owned my '74, '80, and '84 Z28s, I never envisioned owning a Ford of any type. Then one day a co-worker pulled away from my 1984 L69 H.O. Camaro Z28 5-speed with a Ford Capri 5.0 (yes, not even a Mustang), and it was at that point that I realized there is more to life than Camaros. ;-)

I almost didn't reply to this thread at all, but the original poster's tone seemed to be, er, less than welcoming -- so I just wanted to ask if it's not okay to like most RWD V8 American cars, even if they're not made by GM?

Oh, and a question for the original poster, which is not meant sarcastically at all, but just out of curiosity: how many Camaros have you owned?
Ok All, I was just having a little fun with all the Stang Guys......Take it easy, nothing wrong with a little sarcasm..........damn you guys are sensative.

I personally have not owned a Camaro, but I have driven them many times. I come from a Camaro Family, my father Had a 67 and my brother still has a 71 (he is in the middle of a restoration). Honestly I looked at the Firebird back in the early 90's but it was too long in front for me, I was not crazy about the Style...I was jsut in love with the 67-69 years. Those years were either really beat up or super expensive, so I owned a few Japanese Cars (without the Ricer Mods ) and a few German Cars. I came back to American back in 2006 whne I bought my 07 SKY Redline, which I love more than any other car I have ever owned.... SO FAR.

By the way...... I do like the Mustang:

I rented this Shelby down in Florida.......had a Blast taking the back end out on deserted roads and parking areas....NICE!!

The Best feature of the Mustang is the "MY COLOR" option. You can make the interior/dash lights any color in the RGB Spectrum....All cars should have this feature!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #65
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I wonder how many Camaro people are on the Mustang Forum?? I need to check and maybe Join!
I'm on a few. I strive for knowledge in all aspects of life. not to mention my local forum www.fastgm.com has more ford and mopar than GM owners. lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #66
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
A lot of them are car enthusiasts who happen to own mustangs, and are therefor knowledgeable with them. So, when a Camaro enthusiast starts a discussion involving the Mustang, they feel obliged to explain their side of things. If their cars weren't being attacked, they would not feel the need to defend it.

Why are Mustangs allowed in people sigs? Well its not offensive in any way, so why shouldn't it be allowed?
+10000

I think I am very knowledgeable about the Mustang, and I like to think I am pretty realistic about what it can or can't do, and sometimes there is a lot of misinformation regarding the Mustang. Certainly the reverse is true on a Mustang site about the Camaro. Going through my posts I don't think anyone could label me as a fanboy either.

I can't really pick an option here, because I am just a fan of American RWD V8s in general, no real brand loyalty per se. I grew up with a few camaros (a couple of late 2nd gens actually), and when it came time to buy my Mustang there were no new F-bodies available...if there was, I probably would have bought a WS6.

I am here because I am considering getting a Camaro or Vette, and I was patiently waiting for two years on this site to get the real deal info on what the specs and performance of the new SS would be.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #67
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
No.....Fin'.......way! I never riced in my life......German Cars, yes.....Not a fan of rice. I am a lover of the Camaro, MY father had a 67, my brother still has his 71, and I have always loved the 67-69 and have been waiting for something like this for YEARS.

I do not hate Mustangs, but if you grew up in the 70's you would understand the Healthy Rivalry/Competition. It is weird to me to see you guys on this forum....I wonder how many Camaro people are on the Mustang Forum?? I need to check and maybe Join!

yea healthy rivalry is always good, u always have your odd people going too deep into it as if a car was a person and they were defending it, all i do sometimes is correct some mis information. also i visit honda sites, scion, dodge, just to get a feel for different technologies,
i didnt even know what skip shift was till i got to this site for instance.... also if you notice there is almost more talk about the mustang on this forum than on an actual mustang forum so its pretty entertaining
if you go press the search button and type in mustang, you will find no fewer than 1000 results... is that weird? no because it is still a car forum, and we should all be greatfull that the v8 engine still even exists with how things are going. i think the new camaro is a mean looking car, and learned alot about it that i didnt know so far. but the hotheads on here that will almost "die for their camaro" get a little crazy sometimes... ehh thats the internet it's not hard to see the threads and cheapshots to the mustang like the orignal poster, i can easily say

"...but you know you drive a saturn right?" and not post anything else.

but i dont
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #68
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1_beast View Post
Its fun when there is competition.But its even more fun when you know your camaro is faster.
Um,,,,ok then.....
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #69
djinva
Bow Tie Fan

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
I am just a car guy through and through, not to mention I also love motorcycles and boats. I am loyal to GM, even my boat has a small block Chevy.
12 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Instagram: djinva88
djinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #70
RS/SS
The wait is over!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Mustang, Challenger, Camaro..... thank god we have all three of them on the road again at the same time. While I love certain aspects of each and every one of them, I have made the decision to purchase the new Camaro.

If the Camaro had come out and looked like a turd, I would have found myself in a Challenger. My wife drives a 350Z and picked this over a Mustang due to a bad experience we had in 2005 with a Ford dealer wanting to gouge us when the new model came out. Other than that, we may have had a Mustang in our garage. I'm not brand loyal like I was when I was a teenager.

All in all though, I love all three muscle cars and would be happy to own any of them. But since I get to pick, I'll be in a new Camaro.
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote