Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-02-2020, 11:22 AM   #15
Bruiser0311

Drives: 2020 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Bruiser, if you have the NPP exhaust then you could pull the Fuse 51 and set the exhaust to Track mode and it will sound real good with that new CAI! That’s what I did when I had my 2016 2SS.
Good to know thank you....Do you know if that would void the warranty?
Bruiser0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #16
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
OP if you don’t mind me asking, how much was the CAI+ tune? How much was labor for installation? Do you notice any subtle power gains?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser0311 View Post
The CAI was about $500 with tax....the tune is part of the install! I paid an additional $280 for the instal...I know... I know...it seems ridiculous to pay that much for labor but I’m not mechanically inclined (although I could probably do it myself) I wanted it done right and if any issues arise I can take it up with the dealer!
You can buy the GMP CAI here for $393: https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92304337.html

Install literally takes only 30-45 minutes, super easy, instructions are detailed and you really only need a ratchet set...

Tune is included with the cost of the CAI, dealer uses a code that comes with your CAI and they are paid by GM...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:04 PM   #17
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
On my 2020 with the NPP i can go into the radio and set the exhaust to whatever I want. It is a setting, no pulling of fuses needed. It stays in Track
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
If you pull the fuse then the exhaust valves stay open most all the time!
Old 04-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #19
LT4Greg

There are threads about pulling the fuse on this forum if you want to read about it. I did it in my ZL1 but didn’t make that much of a difference that I could hear so I put the fuse back in. My 2016 2SS sounded much better though probably because I had installed that Cold Air Inductions CAI and pulled the fuse so the valves would stay open also! That’s the reason I made the suggestion to Bruiser.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:40 PM   #20
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
If you pull the fuse then the exhaust valves stay open most all the time!
Quote:
There are threads about pulling the fuse on this forum if you want to read about it. I did it in my ZL1 but didn’t make that much of a difference that I could hear so I put the fuse back in. My 2016 2SS sounded much better though probably because I had installed that Cold Air Inductions CAI and pulled the fuse so the valves would stay open also! That’s the reason I made the suggestion to Bruiser.
I pulled the fuse on my 2020 2SS and it didn't seem to really make much if any difference, fuse is back in and I just leave the exhaust in Track Mode (and usually drive in Sport mode).
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 04-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #21
LT4Greg

Yep that’s what I doing now 2SS Capt with my ZL1!!
Old 04-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #22
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
You can buy the GMP CAI here for $393: https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92304337.html

Install literally takes only 30-45 minutes, super easy, instructions are detailed and you really only need a ratchet set...

Tune is included with the cost of the CAI, dealer uses a code that comes with your CAI and they are paid by GM...
Saw a couple vids last night. Install looks pretty straight forward. Will the dealers pick a bone if you did the install yourself and bring it over to get the car tuned up?
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #23
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Saw a couple vids last night. Install looks pretty straight forward. Will the dealers pick a bone if you did the install yourself and bring it over to get the car tuned up?
They shouldn't, the price of the programming labor is included in the cost of the intake. There is a phone number they call to unlock the program and I would assume the whole process from the tech driving the car to the back, putting on the new programming and driving the car back from shouldn't take more than 30 minutes
Old 04-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #24
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
When you put it in track mode they are open. No need to pull any fuses.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #25
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Mine didn't, they briefly tried to imply that if they didn't install it that it wouldn't be under warranty, I explained to them that GM sells this to the consumer (who obviously can't do the flash), but GM still warranties it so my installing it will not affect any warranties... They quickly shut up and did the flash, I was there about 45 minutes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
They shouldn't, the price of the programming labor is included in the cost of the intake. There is a phone number they call to unlock the program and I would assume the whole process from the tech driving the car to the back, putting on the new programming and driving the car back from shouldn't take more than 30 minutes
Exactly...

Old 04-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #26
LT4Greg

I know but if the fuse is pulled then the valves are open in every exhaust mode and not just in Track mode! When you turn off the engine in Track mode it automatically goes to Tour when you start it back up. The exhaust valves are open in all modes when the fuse is out!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #27
LT4Greg

Try it and see Farmer Fran is it’s hard to understand!
Old 04-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #28
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
I know but if the fuse is pulled then the valves are open in every exhaust mode and not just in Track mode! When you turn off the engine in Track mode it automatically goes to Tour when you start it back up. The exhaust valves are open in all modes when the fuse is out!
My 2020 2SS doesn't go back to Tour mode, it stays in the last mode and the valves stay in Track (which I have them locked in Track via the Infotainment system)... Sounds like a best on a cold start...