Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #43
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
I don't get it, you finally buy your dream car Camaro then rarely drive it, so it sits in the garage most of time while your making your $500 plus car payment.
My daily is a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 6 speed coupe with 175,000 miles. I work in an area I’d NEVER drive my Camaro through. I’m just fine with making my monthly payment while it stays comfy and cozy in my garage.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:24 AM   #44
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Beast View Post
Thanks for that input. When I read the power steering rack failed my eyes went buggy Theres a recall on it? I wish gm would have notified me.
There are a couple of threads on this. Here's one of them:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ght=N182182760

There are links to more info on posts 40 & 60.
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:48 AM   #45
viochoa5

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2ss M6
I don't know if this has to do with living in Vegas or not but when i was at about 50K my engine fan stopped working in the middle of the summer. Had to get it completely replaced, besides that the car has given me zero issues.
viochoa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #46
slimjim2525

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Man, you guys don't drive drive your cars. I got mine November 18th, and already have 10k on it. I daily drive it, and keep the miles off my truck.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #47
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
I don't get it, you finally buy your dream car Camaro then rarely drive it, so it sits in the garage most of time while your making your $500 plus car payment.
It all depends on your perspective and life situation. I waited for a car/toy like this until I could afford to treat it as a pleasure car and until my son was grown (he's now 24, hard to believe). I don't want to use the SS as a DD as I want to keep her as nice as possible for as long as possible. I don't have to drive her in the winter, park her at a grocery store, Wal-Mart, or crowded restaurant parking lot, etc. I lease a Mazda3 Hatchback for my DD as it's fun to drive and gives me a little cargo space. The wife loves having a SUV so we lease her an Infiniti QX50. We're fans of leasing because you can afford more car for less payment, we like the security of always having a bumper to bumper warranty, and almost never paying for brakes, tires, etc. I bought my SS as I'm hoping she's a lifer (unless she starts giving me all sorts of problems or I find myself wanting to get a Vette someday).
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #48
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Brakes last 60-70k
It’s pretty amazing
Not the front. Unless you just drive hiway miles. I got about 35k on the front before replacing with mostly city and some hiway.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:15 AM   #49
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Like other here have posted,, my Camaro is a toy. My Tundra TRD Pro handles my daily duties and all winter driving. When they stop salting roads here in the spring, the Camaro comes back out of garage hibernation. So, I’m averaging 5000 miles a year on it. We road trip in the wife’s RAV4 Hybrid as it’s better on gas than the Tundra and holds a bunch of ‘stuff’ women seem to need to bring everywhere..
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #50
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Not the front. Unless you just drive hiway miles. I got about 35k on the front before replacing with mostly city and some hiway.
Crazy. I’m at 60k and still meat left. I’ve had brakes on the shelf for a year now. I guess Im not hard on brakes. I’m getting about 70k out my late model gm trucks too
Old 05-22-2020, 01:19 PM   #51
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
All Depends on how hard you play. Ive read from owners could last as little as 15k or go 50k plus.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:21 PM   #52
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Crazy. I’m at 60k and still meat left. I’ve had brakes on the shelf for a year now. I guess Im not hard on brakes. I’m getting about 70k out my late model gm trucks too
My dad's 2005 GMC van has 110,000 miles and the brakes are original (fluid has been changed a couple of times).
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:23 PM   #53
RomanB

Drives: 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
4 1/2 years and 10700 miles ... a long way to go. I guess when I retire I might hit 100k.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #54
End User

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2012 GLI M6
Quote:
I'm at 18,800 after two years. I have a daily/winter driver.

I've lost track of how many tires I have gone through. One set of rears was replaced due to a nail. I think I'm about to put on my 4th set of rears and 3rd set of fronts. I have a manual SS 1LE and I drive it on the street in Sport Competitive Mode (no traction control) with rev match disabled. All hail the TREMEC TR-6060!
End User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:39 PM   #55
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
A lot of judgmental people on here. :-)

Many people are at different stages in their lives, and it doesn't have to be understandable by everyone else. My SS is my daily driver, I drive it everyday back and forth to work. It is not a toy. For whatever it's worth however , I only drive about 6 miles a day. So after a little over a year I am just about to hit 7,000 miles. My toys are our motorcycles, boats and classic cars and maybe our C8 if it ever gets built. lol. I wish I could spend more time with those guys but there's only so much time in the day for those of us who still work full time.

Not any of my business how anyone else enjoys their stuff, certainly not going to dig at them for using or not using it to my satisfaction.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:20 PM   #56
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
A lot of judgmental people on here. :-)

Many people are at different stages in their lives, and it doesn't have to be understandable by everyone else. My SS is my daily driver, I drive it everyday back and forth to work. It is not a toy. For whatever it's worth however , I only drive about 6 miles a day. So after a little over a year I am just about to hit 7,000 miles. My toys are our motorcycles, boats and classic cars and maybe our C8 if it ever gets built. lol. I wish I could spend more time with those guys but there's only so much time in the day for those of us who still work full time.

Not any of my business how anyone else enjoys their stuff, certainly not going to dig at them for using or not using it to my satisfaction.

Just 6 miles a day is unnacceptable.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote