Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #71
VF-22

Drives: 4 Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Think you mean '18 if you are referring to the Automotive News story. 10 speed will probably be available for the Camaro too since it is a co-developed trans.
No I mean MY '17. I don't believe the Auto News story. Refresh will be in '17 to counter the '16 Camaro release. Maybe '18 will have some engine bump to 5.2 or something.

There is no reason for Ford to have a test mule out on the road with the camo/lighting rigging it has if something isn't coming next fall. If they were just testing lighting changes and fascia, you could do that internally/on site. So they are running something new mechanical wise that requires road testing/time.

If you don't know of what mule I'm talking about, this is the picture
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33606

Most know that Ford probably held a few things back to counter the '16 Camaro and I don't see Ford sitting around till fall of 2017 to offer upgrades..that's a LONG time to let Chevy have a new car above the Mustang in HP, transmission, design changes, etc. Ford does more incremental upgrades where Chevy seems to just put most major changes in the new model.

I can't forsee Chevy using the 10 speed in the Camaro till their own mid-cycle refresh probably in 2018/19.
VF-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #72
VF-22

Drives: 4 Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
This pics really highlight how much better the Camaro looks. Wow.
The more I see the Camaro, the more I'm liking it over the S550. It just looks more mean/aggressive and has a much more angular look. I just hate the spoilers.

I do think the 2LT has the better front. Don't like how the bottom DRLs are horizontal...takes away from the eyelashes.
VF-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #73
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You can have performance, beauty and visibility if visibility is a priority. But if you emphasize styling and your theme includes slammed roofs and raised belt lines resulting in high trunks (which you can see the difference in the Camaro v. Mustang PICS) you get what you get.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #74
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE7 View Post
I think all of the complaining about poor visibility is blown way out of proportion. When I got my camaro it took a few days to adjust and there was no problem after that. Adjust your mirrors properly and as said above visibility problems become a non-issue.
+1. I was a long time mustang driver and didn't like the 15 stang and decided on the camaro. Every time I read something it said visibility was horrible. After driving it for 1 day it was a non issue. Way overblown
Old 10-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #75
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
+1. I was a long time mustang driver and didn't like the 15 stang and decided on the camaro. Every time I read something it said visibility was horrible. After driving it for 1 day it was a non issue. Way overblown
Sorry, it's not overblown. It's measuravpbly baaaaaaad. You've just accepted it. That just means you are ok with the trade off. That is a long way from it being good or even tolerable for those that expect it all.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #76
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
This thread is just triple-reenforcing what I was worried about

I guess I find out tomorrow how big of a deal it is with the 5th gen test drive
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #77
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Just dont let it eat at you. Ive only driven 3 5th Gens. Yes, I could see where the visibility complaints came from. Was I nervous, uncomfortable, or otherwise in fear of driving them BECAUSE of said visibility issues? Absolutely not. The issues were more of an afterthought, that frankly, I may not had even had a conscious realization of had it not been for all the fear-mongering. May help that I have a CDL, so I know how to use my mirrors and Ive owned a few Corvettes. Like anything, you can and will adapt.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #78
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I wonder what a person driving a Lamborghini Countach feels about visibility, especially when backing up.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #79
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I wonder what a person driving a Lamborghini Countach feels about visibility, especially when backing up.

Laborsmith
They probably wouldn't know since they always park valet. Now maybe we should ask some valet drivers lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #80
Whis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Just dont let it eat at you. Ive only driven 3 5th Gens. Yes, I could see where the visibility complaints came from. Was I nervous, uncomfortable, or otherwise in fear of driving them BECAUSE of said visibility issues? Absolutely not. The issues were more of an afterthought, that frankly, I may not had even had a conscious realization of had it not been for all the fear-mongering. May help that I have a CDL, so I know how to use my mirrors and Ive owned a few Corvettes. Like anything, you can and will adapt.
I'm coming from a 15 year old chevy coupe cavalier. no "power" anything except steering. When I started looking for new cars I test drove a fusion and felt like I was in a damn space ship. Visibility in cars is way, way down from what it was before and it honestly did make me nervous

However I hope, and think, I can get used to it.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #81
Whis

Quote:
They probably wouldn't know since they always park valet. Now maybe we should ask some valet drivers lol.

Best post
Old 10-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #82

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sorry, it's not overblown. It's measuravpbly baaaaaaad. You've just accepted it. That just means you are ok with the trade off. That is a long way from it being good or even tolerable for those that expect it all.
Thank you, Dr. Killjoy. WTF is your problem? It's your cheese-ball opinion about the visibility and those who don't have an "issue" with it. If you don't like the design of the Camaro and the visibility it offers, move on....

Your opinions about how others mistakenly only tolerate and reluctantly accept the car's visibility issue is pathetic and childish.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:55 PM   #83
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #84
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
I've driven a 5th gen, honestly it does feel a little weird in finding your surroundings. But before I did anything I properly adjusted my seat then my mirrors so I have them pointing out. I honestly didn't have any problems driving the car. I didn't back the car up, but as far as forward visibility and side visibility there were no issues.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote