Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
My youngest finally got to go for a “Real” ride.

Was able to get on it pretty good on a straigh back road from a 30mph roll.

ZL1: $62K
Country back road: Free
2 gallons of 93 Premium: $6
The expression on his face: Priceless!
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:16 PM   #2
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
The first time I took my girlfriend’s kids out (age 6, 8, 9) they all had their hands in the air and were screaming “it’s like a roller coaster”. Haha it was awesome.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #3
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
You guys be careful out there and don’t get caught by law enforcement!
Old 09-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #4
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Was able to get on it pretty good on a straigh back road from a 30mph roll.

ZL1: $62K
Country back road: Free
2 gallons of 93 Premium: $6
The expression on his face: Priceless!
Lol, my buddies 6 year old went for a ride with me last weekend. He asked me if the motor always sounds like it’s blowing up when I drive it like a rocket. All smiles from him.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:15 PM   #5
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Lol sounds like fun.

I took 2 different adults for a ride at the track and they both were so wigged out that they wanted to get out of the car after the 1st lap.

They both said they knew it was going to be brutally fast but had no idea it would be THAT brutal.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:26 PM   #6
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
You guys be careful out there and don’t get caught by law enforcement!
“With great power comes great responsibility.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
The first time I took my girlfriend’s kids out (age 6, 8, 9) they all had their hands in the air and were screaming “it’s like a roller coaster”. Haha it was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Lol, my buddies 6 year old went for a ride with me last weekend. He asked me if the motor always sounds like it’s blowing up when I drive it like a rocket. All smiles from him.
Kids have a completely different, yet totally organic, response to G-forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Lol sounds like fun.

I took 2 different adults for a ride at the track and they both were so wigged out that they wanted to get out of the car after the 1st lap.

They both said they knew it was going to be brutally fast but had no idea it would be THAT brutal.
That’s fricken awesome. Did you give them a set of panties to wear afterwards?
Old 09-11-2020, 11:11 PM   #7
Pcormier66

Drives: 2019 ZLE
These days I prefer to take passengers on track rather that try to beat my times. I can always see with my peripheral vision the passengers pressing their imaginary brakes long before I hit the real ones. Their response is always, "I didn't think you were going to stop and we would fly off the track". The goal is not to stop. It's to turn. Just relax and enjoy. And if you feel the slightest hint of nausea, tell me. I don't allow passengers that don't enjoy rollercoasters. They won't enjoy it.
Pcormier66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:39 AM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
My kids bio-mom told them her Model X could beat me. So I took my oldest on a little test drive after the Maggie. I asked what he thought of his other-mom's statement. He was quiet... hahahaha

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
My kids bio-mom told them her Model X could beat me. So I took my oldest on a little test drive after the Maggie. I asked what he thought of his other-mom's statement. He was quiet... hahahaha
Lol...I like that! Some friends of mine say something like that too especially a coworker says his old front wheel drive Grand Prix GT can outrun my beast. I just laugh and say okay!
Old 09-12-2020, 12:13 PM   #10
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
I'll never forget my first ride along at a track day. Driving instructor had a C5 with front splitter and wing as big as the damn car. Even after a 20 minute session, I couldn't get used to how late he would brake and the speed he was carrying through turns. The effects are amplified as a passenger because you have no control. So much fun.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:36 PM   #11
BUCKEYE NATION

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
My 12 year old is a great co captain! My 9 year old holds his ears. Its so funny, but you got it right...priceless. The best part is sharing my love of cars with my boys. After the ZL1 and my Previous C7 vette they are some serious chevy dudes. Glad you got take your kiddo for a fun spin!
Old 09-12-2020, 06:07 PM   #12
bobfic

Drives: 2019 ZL1
bobfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #13
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
A kid yelled at me to rev it when I started up my car today. It made both of our days haha.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:59 PM   #14
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKEYE NATION View Post
My 12 year old is a great co captain! My 9 year old holds his ears. Its so funny, but you got it right...priceless. The best part is sharing my love of cars with my boys. After the ZL1 and my Previous C7 vette they are some serious chevy dudes. Glad you got take your kiddo for a fun spin!
When my oldest was about 4, when I had my TT Notch (9 sec car) I got on it to about 10psi (high 10 power range) he cried. Like seriously crocodile tears & all. I felt so bad.

Fast forward a few years when I had a Polaris 700SP (680 Triple) w/ PSI pipes, jetted & clutched that I took him for a little blast on behind our shop. I heard this screaming through his helmet so I slammed on the brakes & flipped his visor up totally expecting to see tears running down his face. I was happily rewarded with the sound of complete & total exclamation of laughter & screaming “More! More!”. Slapped his visor down & got right back on it. Ended up burning 1/2 tank of race gas & he was bummed when I had to park it.