Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2023, 10:21 PM   #1
Miami_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
It seems like end of road for iconic American car as Chevy Camaro production stops

https://news.yahoo.com/seems-end-roa...ycsrp_catchall
Miami_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 04:55 AM   #2
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
We knew it was coming & now the Mustang is going solo again.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 06:18 AM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
makes you wonder why chevy cant seem to get a bigger market share.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 07:15 AM   #4
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
makes you wonder why chevy cant seem to get a bigger market share.
Because the people that actually give a crap about GM's performance heritage are dying off. And GM's marketing department act like they're all fat, lazy and stupid. We've been (the F-body crowd) consistently shrinking over the years because of a number of factors, none which promotes motorsports and performance.

Plus the younger crowd, to me, seems worried more about how fast their internet connection is than participating in the 2 greatest long-term niche movements in history. Rock n Roll and hot-rodding. Car? That's an A to B thing. Wheels on a refrigerator would do them fine.

I still can't wrap my head around GM not giving a crap about the Camaro. They point to, at least partially, the poor sales for the demise of the Camaro. Again. It's their fault. If your sales are slagging, then ADVERTISE! Find out why they're not selling and fix it. Or try to. Get off your bums and DO something to counter softer sales. I saw more Challenger commercials than I ever saw Camaro commercials. The issue is, it was the captain running the ships aground to kill both the 1st place Challenger and Camaro because EV's were the future (in their minds).

I get it. Early on in the second coming, the 2010-14 were flying off the lots. Why spend money when you're on top? But have a plan B you dumbazzes. If this doesn't work (that ugly face lift try comes to mind), then try something else. If you try and fail, I can at least give you credit. Being the ad person in charge for Camaro must've been the easiest job in history. Because from this side of things, it doesn't look like much, if anything, was done. And this was before the decision was made to go all-in on EVs.

Progress can be good or bad depending on which side of the fence you're on. We got our Camaros. All those bastages who didn't will miss out. Too bad.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 07:28 AM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
This sounds 'straight outta Washington' with it's nebulous double speak. Make up yer fookin' minds!

"Chevy Camaro Axed after 2024, but a Successor Is in the Works." EV maybe?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...aro-dead-2024/
Old 12-17-2023, 07:29 AM   #6
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Because the people that actually give a crap about GM's performance heritage are dying off. And GM's marketing department act like they're all fat, lazy and stupid. We've been (the F-body crowd) consistently shrinking over the years because of a number of factors, none which promotes motorsports and performance.

Plus the younger crowd, to me, seems worried more about how fast their internet connection is than participating in the 2 greatest long-term niche movements in history. Rock n Roll and hot-rodding. Car? That's an A to B thing. Wheels on a refrigerator would do them fine.

I still can't wrap my head around GM not giving a crap about the Camaro. They point to, at least partially, the poor sales for the demise of the Camaro. Again. It's their fault. If your sales are slagging, then ADVERTISE! Find out why they're not selling and fix it. Or try to. Get off your bums and DO something to counter softer sales. I saw more Challenger commercials than I ever saw Camaro commercials. The issue is, it was the captain running the ships aground to kill both the 1st place Challenger and Camaro because EV's were the future (in their minds).

I get it. Early on in the second coming, the 2010-14 were flying off the lots. Why spend money when you're on top? But have a plan B you dumbazzes. If this doesn't work (that ugly face lift try comes to mind), then try something else. If you try and fail, I can at least give you credit. Being the ad person in charge for Camaro must've been the easiest job in history. Because from this side of things, it doesn't look like much, if anything, was done. And this was before the decision was made to go all-in on EVs.

Progress can be good or bad depending on which side of the fence you're on. We got our Camaros. All those bastages who didn't will miss out. Too bad.
No longer is the enjoyment of history the same as what it was?

The reason the challenger went a top? It never changed its body style. But even it will be gone after 2025. With the advent of EVs is was inevitable for ICE to go down the toilet. What are you gonna do? Try and race an EV? Even the smallest would probably take a high performance vehicle unless heavily modded or pushing close to 1000 HP.

It’s not boneheads at GM. It’s the entire auto industry. It’s being pushed for ppl to buy EVs. Then they’ll see that’s not the way and change it to probably hydrogen.
Everything is going electric. Which is basically to control and know what goes on. Link almost everything to internet and they know your every move. You just think you have control of something. Then? A blackout happens. And you put up with it. Because you bought into the madness

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 07:46 AM   #7
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
if its gonna become a 4 door EV like the mustang EV just let it die with dignity.no need to ruin a good reputation.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 12:31 PM   #8
Miami_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
"GM's performance heritage are dying off"

Quote:

"Plus the younger crowd, to me, seems worried more about how fast their internet connection is than participating in the 2 greatest long-term niche movements in history. Rock n Roll and hot-rodding. Car? That's an A to B thing. Wheels on a refrigerator would do them fine."

CLASSIC LINES!!!!
Miami_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 11:52 AM   #9
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Yall Remember that when the camaro went out of production the first time, the Mustang just puttered along, As soon Competition was out (Camaro) the Power output of the Mustang shot up. its like The Tech was there, just the guy's sitting on it.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 12:23 PM   #10
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
It's a deeper issue

The halting of production is tied to so many things. Muscle car people are dying off, and the next generation would rather call an uber than get thier drivers license. No Industrial Arts shop classes growing up means a fear of fixing and tinkering with gas cars. Globalists pushing their electric car agenda to control where the $ are made. False narrative that electric is cleaner and will save a planet from Global Warming. It's really sad to see where this world and country is going. Our Camaro is going on 12 years old, still less than 50k miles on it. Hopefully I'll be able to buy gas for it and drive it through my adolescence of Old age.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 01:11 PM   #11
Zander10
Banned

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Look at it as money in the bank!

Quote:

With this all said and done, the values of your current Camaro will sky rocket!!! the kids will drop from the modem to the car in a blink of an eye.
Zander10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:27 PM   #12
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
This sucks, but I feel the EV won't succeed. Hybrids maybe. This is gonna be a joke, an hour to "charge' the thing, a charge station every 400 miles. That's just me venting about being told what to drive. Most of all, I'm tired of all these damn crossovers looking the same. So boring. Oh, I've been in the computer business 30 years, lets see how those ECMs "marry" with a power source that large. I think I'll invest in the tow truck business the next few years.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:28 PM   #13
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_SS View Post
"Plus the younger crowd, to me, seems worried more about how fast their internet connection is than participating in the 2 greatest long-term niche movements in history. Rock n Roll and hot-rodding. Car? That's an A to B thing. Wheels on a refrigerator would do them fine."

CLASSIC LINES!!!!
Old 12-19-2023, 08:12 PM   #14
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Heres my opinion and maybe i will be wrong but, I think GM's whole performance division will be eventually under the Cadillac banner, With them in IMSA and going to F1 seems fitting, I can also see Indy car Chevy teams switching to Cadi name also , maybe when they start running in F1! Corvette? who knows, could become its own entity or be under the Cadillac name , because after all it would still be a Corvette regardless if its branded as a Chevy or Cadi!