Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-07-2021, 03:09 PM   #1
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Who makes the Camaro NPP?

??

More specifically is it a aftermarket part also? I am looking to wake up my car some.

More specifically specifically are they Sport or Xtreme?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.

Last edited by FarmerFran; 08-07-2021 at 03:33 PM.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Wut?
Attached Images

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I didn't get NPP on mine either but I also assumed by now there would be an aftermarket exhaust that could be wired in.

Thought it would be a cool idea to put a switch under the arm rest by the usb ports.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:31 PM   #4
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
I didn't get NPP on mine either but I also assumed by now there would be an aftermarket exhaust that could be wired in.

Thought it would be a cool idea to put a switch under the arm rest by the usb ports.
He has a Dodge.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:15 PM   #5
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I don’t know who makes the NPP exhaust but I believe Borla makes the GM performance exhaust. Borla, Corsa, and FlowMaster are just a few of the companies that offer an aftermarket dual-mode exhaust for the Camaro. Maybe one of them makes one for the Challenger.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #6
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
If you're ordering a Camaro, IMO npp is a waste of money for us enthusiast on this forum. If you're just going to buy louder aftermarket exhaust anyway.

See with me I keep my NPP open all the time. I bought mine used though so it had NPP. If I were ordering I wouldn't get NPP. I don't care what others thing. There is a guy in a Mustang GT with loud arse exhaust in my sub division who drives around all hours of teh day and apparently no one cares.

The neighbor across the street says my car is scary when I start it up (npp) LOL
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #7
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
C'mon, you're a Mopar guy (for now). Throw on a couple o' these and some air shocks and you're good to go. LOL! Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2021, 09:27 PM   #8
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
The stock NPP that comes from the factory is made by Faurecia I think. They are a French company that supplies a lot of different automotive stuff and they are a large supplier of exhaust components. I think they supply a lot of BMW exhausts and exhausts to other "more classy and refined" cars, so you would think their stuff would be good instead of ratteley haha. Of course the supplier makes it to the specs GM tells them too, but of course the NPP rattle is probably the fault of Faurecia and not GM.

I know there was a member on the forum a while ago that said they worked for the company that supplied the NPP exhaust.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:11 PM   #9
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
The stock NPP that comes from the factory is made by Faurecia I think. They are a French company that supplies a lot of different automotive stuff and they are a large supplier of exhaust components. I think they supply a lot of BMW exhausts and exhausts to other "more classy and refined" cars, so you would think their stuff would be good instead of ratteley haha. Of course the supplier makes it to the specs GM tells them too, but of course the NPP rattle is probably the fault of Faurecia and not GM.

I know there was a member on the forum a while ago that said they worked for the company that supplied the NPP exhaust.
That’s correct that Faurecia makes the exhaust. If you look at the muffler, their name is stamped on there. The engineering and development work is done in the US.

I thought it was a great exhaust, but still think the SLP ‘dual dual’ exhaust on my 2000 camaro sounded better!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:26 PM   #10
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Just put electric cutouts on your DODGE, that all NPP is.

Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:40 AM   #11
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
If you’re trying to be louder than shit, yeah, maybe NPP is not for you. IMO, NPP is better than most aftermarket exhaust, plus, if the sound patrol is out and about, I can always put it on Touring mode, and go quiet! As soon as they leave, I’ll be loud again.

Last edited by CreeperRS; 08-09-2021 at 12:18 AM.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:48 AM   #12
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
If you're ordering a Camaro, IMO npp is a waste of money for us enthusiast on this forum. If you're just going to buy louder aftermarket exhaust anyway.

See with me I keep my NPP open all the time. I bought mine used though so it had NPP. If I were ordering I wouldn't get NPP. I don't care what others thing. There is a guy in a Mustang GT with loud arse exhaust in my sub division who drives around all hours of teh day and apparently no one cares.

The neighbor across the street says my car is scary when I start it up (npp) LOL
One big advantage of NPP from the factory is the 4 exhaust outlets which (IMHO) looks infinitely better than the 2 single exhaust outlets of the non-NPP cars... Plus having the variable exhaust sound is a huge plus... I would have given up MRC before I would have given up NPP...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:08 AM   #13
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
One big advantage of NPP from the factory is the 4 exhaust outlets which (IMHO) looks infinitely better than the 2 single exhaust outlets of the non-NPP cars... Plus having the variable exhaust sound is a huge plus... I would have given up MRC before I would have given up NPP...

Can't argue there it looks better! I really want to upgrade it to Borla or something. I'm sure people will complain but then I will tell them that's BS because there is a Coyote with very very loud exhaust. I almost wonder if he's running straight. He literally revs it to show off.

Why don't I see SS, and Zl1 drivers doing this?

I think it's the demographics too. The 2015 and newer Mustang GTs you can get the base models dirt cheap. The Camaro SS cost a lot more, especially the 2ss. Even used they cost more than a base model Mustang GT or lower end premium.

Down here I see old guys driving the Camaro. Of course after awhile they trade it in with very low miles and then I got a deal.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:43 AM   #14
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Who makes the Camaro NPP?

Mustangs are just infinitely louder. Especially when you open then up in the H pipe/ muffler department. Better tone too.

One of the few things it does better than the Camaro in my opinion.

I have the AWE touring on my SS and like the tone and volume better than NPP.

I could see where NPP could come handy but I have no need to tone down volume and would rather have better sound.

Heard one on a Scat Pack. You should check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote