Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #1
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Fuel upgrades - Dropping the tank..

Hey guys,

Going to be pursuing some fuel upgrades. ZL1 Intank FP, Injectors, HPFP, etc. So the biggest thing will be dropping the tank. I kinda have the jist of it like exhaust, Drive shaft, braces, etc. Does anyone who's recently done this have any tips or tricks or gotcha's to look out for?

Wish there was a DIY done on this so maybe I'll be sure to take a lot of photos and do a How-To unless there's one somewhere out there already.

Most appreciated!.

Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I agree, if I do this I aint cutting a hole in my chassis.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
I'll be doing the DSX Tuning outside the tank pump. Seems like the easiest solution albeit expensive.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
I don't know what the factory lines look like, but it shouldn't be hard to get an external pump sump or inline system DIY'd for much less than most solutions out there, that will easily out flow the zl1 pump. I'd probably go for 044 bosch pump run inline for a stock engine setup.

Then if you needed built motor power just a dual 044 or dual 255 or dual dw300 400 whatever you want in an inline configuration in a sump.

There are a lot of options out there, I don't quite understand why everyone is going for an intank setup, or expensive inline options.
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Yeah looking at the CPR kit. Pre cut lines are not worth 1k lmao.

They have a return, a fpr, probably some kind of fittings for tapping the tank, some seal all, and some kind of fuel pump which I can't tell what. A harness too? I mean you can get a relay from summit for under 20$ with a fuse and all the fixings. Tap into a whole bunch of different factory places to power the relay and you're set. There's not a whole lot you need to do. The hardest part is cutting your SS lines and putting the AN fittings on them, but that's what aeroquip socketless hose is great for. Easy to cut, easy to install, longer lifespan, cheap hose. Realistically if you mount the lines correctly they will be 100% fine. If you're relying on SS line to keep the line from getting cut open etc, then you're installing it totally wrong.
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote