Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
PPV

Drives: 9C1
LSA Coupler- Factory or not?

I recently purchased an LSA supercharger from ZZ PERFORMANCE and it was one of their low mile units.

It wasn’t one of their rebuilt units where they replace the coupler so I pulled the snout to replace it. It appeared to be factory sealed. The funny thing is that the unit already had a solid coupler installed and there was no wear on the shaft so it seems it never had the spring type coupler. So here are my questions:

Does the coupler look like an original GM coupler used by the factory after the spring issue was identified?

Has anyone seen this before?

Do you think this unit was warrantied for a different reason?

Not sure if I should tear it down further to investigate and just looking for some insight from others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
PPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
It looks like one of the later models that does not have the spring. Looks good to me from your pics. You would get a better response on the camaro5 forum because the LSA was not used in the 6th gen Camaro. Don't know what car you plan to run that on but unless you swap the entire motor the LSA supercharger will not work on the 6th gen Camaros.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:47 AM   #3
PPV

Drives: 9C1
LSA Coupler- Factory or not?

Oops was thinking this was the camaro5 forum. Using Tapatalk so I somehow went into the wrong forum. The search bar shows it as camaro5 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
PPV is offline   Reply With Quote