Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-14-2018, 11:15 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
[QUOTE=DapperDan;10076789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Even if E85 were corrosive all the fuel system parts are made to run on it without issue.

As long as you do the pumps and injectors you will have a lot of head room like I said up to about 660 on E-60 is where I found the limit.

ECS is an Excellent choice and will knock your socks off on E.

Ted.

What about adding meth injection with the E85 ,how much more horsepower could you expect over the 660?

What are the pros and cons of doing both E85 and Meth,is it ok to do are many people doing this? Educate me please.
This is an area I have very little experience in simple because I won't do it.

I would never suggest using a meth injection system as a fuel supplement to cover up a fuel delivery limitation of the hard parts.

Meth injection is a good Octane adder but I have no experience using it on top of E-85.

I wish I can be more help on this.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:46 AM   #16
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
[QUOTE=DapperDan;10076789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Even if E85 were corrosive all the fuel system parts are made to run on it without issue.

As long as you do the pumps and injectors you will have a lot of head room like I said up to about 660 on E-60 is where I found the limit.

ECS is an Excellent choice and will knock your socks off on E.

Ted.

What about adding meth injection with the E85 ,how much more horsepower could you expect over the 660?

What are the pros and cons of doing both E85 and Meth,is it ok to do are many people doing this? Educate me please.
There is no reason you couldn’t spray some meth along with e85. You won’t see the added octane benefits of meth since the e85 is all ready sufficient but the cooling would likely give you a little benefit. Also the meth has even more oxygen in it than e85 so you might see a little benefit there as well.

There are tons of people out there counting on their meth kit to not fail or run dry. I have used a meth kit to add 100+hp worth of fuel without issue. Just so you know if it fails you will probably break a piston.

I have aux port injection. If either the di or port doesn’t spray my motor would likely break. With just one system it would just fall on its face if something failed. I added a safety where if I am in boost and not rich it cuts the power to the coils. I had it kick in once when my fuel pumps were not staged to come on soon enough.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #17
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
I see some boosted guys using meth and others using E85. I understand some are using meth as a crutch to make up for the lack of a fuel system, that gamble is not for me. But if you have the complete LT4 fuel system, in tank pump,hpfp and injectors. What is the better choice meth or E85,will one make more power over the other?
Old 02-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #18
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I see some boosted guys using meth and others using E85. I understand some are using meth as a crutch to make up for the lack of a fuel system, that gamble is not for me. But if you have the complete LT4 fuel system, in tank pump,hpfp and injectors. What is the better choice meth or E85,will one make more power over the other?
100 octane Race Gas will extend the fuel system and Meth can offer cooling and octane.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #19
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I know this post has been here a while and I don't know if the OP has purchased any fuel system upgrades yet but I'm going to throw you a little curve. If your forced induction system is turbo or centri supercharger I'm recommending you add the port injection because no mater what power you want to make you can easily get it with a separate port injection system. On my turbo car we added the port injection and took the extra fuel pump I was using to augment the low side and dedicated it just to the port injectors. This allows the port system to come in where the direct system runs out and there is no need to upgrade any of the expensive direct injection components. The tuning is not done yet but results should be following very soon.... Just thought I would mention this option. If you go port there is no need to invest a single dollar into the direct injection fuel system, you just supplement with port when it runs out and the sky is the limit.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #20
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
I would suggest going to Race Proven Motorsports and going Procharger. I love ECS and their kit was bonkers on my Vette. But the PC kit is stronger on the Camaro, additionally RPM has a port injection kit that works very well. Fuel wont be the issue at the point, the bottom end will be your issue.
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #21
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I know this post has been here a while and I don't know if the OP has purchased any fuel system upgrades yet but I'm going to throw you a little curve. If your forced induction system is turbo or centri supercharger I'm recommending you add the port injection because no mater what power you want to make you can easily get it with a separate port injection system. On my turbo car we added the port injection and took the extra fuel pump I was using to augment the low side and dedicated it just to the port injectors. This allows the port system to come in where the direct system runs out and there is no need to upgrade any of the expensive direct injection components. The tuning is not done yet but results should be following very soon.... Just thought I would mention this option. If you go port there is no need to invest a single dollar into the direct injection fuel system, you just supplement with port when it runs out and the sky is the limit.
After reading thread after thread I think with LTs and an MSD IM I can probably get around 575 on gas (M6) safely on stock injectors and maybe should consider a BAP with the ECS kit. I run at the track often so I am pushing my LT1. Every so often I read about the risk of boosting the LT1. I might be getting cold feet about going bigger but Laynlo15 is at 670 and doing fine. I do think I want my shift limit back to 6,500 from 6,800. My goal with the car is low to mid 11s in any DA.

So with the extra cost of the LT4 pump and injectors is that even enough to run E85? I am on the fence, But I am very tired of only having one gas station in South Jersey. E is not very convenient for me living here.

Plan B is a ZL1, but that would cost me about $25K going ZL1 used. That could be a better option considering the ZL1 will hold its value better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
I would suggest going to Race Proven Motorsports and going Procharger.
No thanks, been there, done that.