Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-21-2017, 05:42 AM   #57
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmedina View Post
Did your rear fascia come with whatever hardware u needs or just the bare fascia ? Thanks
Just the bare facia. After paint, the original hardware was used to install.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #58
hb1093

Drives: 2016 1SS
Amazing outcome on the car! This thread has been really helpful in finding the info I needed to upgrade to quad tips. I was wondering on where you ordered the diffuser? I been looking everywhere online and the cheapest I found was $384 ($234 for the diffuser and $150 for shipping).

Also noticed you are from MD, do you go to any of the local car meets?
hb1093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #59
2000form

Drives: 2000 pontiac formula
If you buy from a dealer I assume no shipping charges?
2000form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #60
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
Hell yes this thread is awesome. I'm starting this change to my car now. Here is what I found, lower cover is what gm calls it. The part number for my 2016 RS is 23404791. My dealership had it in stock for $258. I found them online around $160. They do have a $75 core so I will have to check the details on that. It comes ready to paint. The aftermarket starts around $300 for pretty basic and goes up over $1300 for carbon fiber. I was trying to decide between painted to match or having it wrapped in CF and going that route. Hit up my man DynoSteve at RDP for your exhaust, best price you'll find. I am going to go with the new Borla S Type non NPP quad tip, so awesome they made one specific like that. Still flipping a coin between polished or their carbon fiber tips. Hope this all helps.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/23404791
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #61
Expoh

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Hi I'm trying to do the same with my car! Could you post a video of your exhaust sound please??
Expoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:57 AM   #62
NowaChevyGuy

Done

Finished it off today. You have to remove the rear bumper to get the valance off. No bolts but a ton of little clips. We just took our time. Still a little adjusting here and there.

[URL="https://youtu.be/i0qNxqp2TmM/URL]

https://youtu.be/i0qNxqp2TmM

Attached Images

2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...

Last edited by NowaChevyGuy; 07-28-2017 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #63
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Liking appearance change, am wondering if you perceive a sound change.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #64
NowaChevyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Liking appearance change, am wondering if you perceive a sound change.

Laborsmith
OMG! Night and Day! The Borla S Type was worth every penny. Freeway and cruising is a noticeable tone but smooth, quiet enough it doesn't interfere with phone calls etc. Dump your foot in it and it lights up and is far more aggressive than anything the stock option could give. I didn't like the stock exhaust, it was to pingy/sporadic sounding. I also don't need a dyno to tell me I am seeing around a 20% guesstimated power increase, it just moves better both on and off throttle. All in all, stupid happy I made this my first major upgrade. Every penny well spent.

Hit up my man DynoSteve from RDP here on the forums, you won't find a cheaper price on exhaust than with him.

Best of luck and happy motoring (Gawd, didn't you just hate it when that curly mustached goob would say that each week?).
Old 08-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #65
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
OMG! Night and Day! The Borla S Type was worth every penny. Freeway and cruising is a noticeable tone but smooth, quiet enough it doesn't interfere with phone calls etc. Dump your foot in it and it lights up and is far more aggressive than anything the stock option could give. I didn't like the stock exhaust, it was to pingy/sporadic sounding. I also don't need a dyno to tell me I am seeing around a 20% guesstimated power increase, it just moves better both on and off throttle. All in all, stupid happy I made this my first major upgrade. Every penny well spent.

Hit up my man DynoSteve from RDP here on the forums, you won't find a cheaper price on exhaust than with him.

Best of luck and happy motoring (Gawd, didn't you just hate it when that curly mustached goob would say that each week?).
Awesome
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #66
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
Finished it off today. You have to remove the rear bumper to get the valance off. No bolts but a ton of little clips. We just took our time. Still a little adjusting here and there.

[URL="https://youtu.be/i0qNxqp2TmM/URL]

https://youtu.be/i0qNxqp2TmM

Looks great!!!!!
Old 01-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #67
james duperre

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Just the bare facia. After paint, the original hardware was used to install.
did u have to change any of the hangers or brackets for exhaust to fit, or did stock hangers work still.
james duperre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:36 PM   #68
Dgarcia

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Where can I get an original rear dual exhaust diffuser
Dgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #69
NowaChevyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james duperre View Post
did u have to change any of the hangers or brackets for exhaust to fit, or did stock hangers work still.
With the Borla everything matched up and I didn't have to change anything.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #70
NowaChevyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgarcia View Post
Where can I get an original rear dual exhaust diffuser
There are a couple of companies out there making full defusers. The lower rear Valance is what Chevy calls it for when you are searching. When I was last searching the cheapest I found it was ordering from your local dealers parts department Online. They have different prices for online and walk-in. The shipping is the bitch on these so be sure and check what that is if you find a deal.