Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Tinted tail light & Marker lights

Does anyone have a picture of their camaro with the graphix worms dark tint for tail lights & markers at night. Would like to see how dark they are
Old 03-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
Mint

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I don't have any pictures but the side-markers are almost black during the day but still reflect a little but during the night you can see the light through them. I don't have the taillights tinted though. Seems like they would be too dark for me, the RS models already came tinted enough.
Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I got the rear tail light covers from Big Worm... but my tailights are not stock, they're the Technostalgia set. They're at least 50% brighter than stock and clearly visible at night (as you can see from this older pic). I think you'll be just fine with the kit on stock tail lights.

The side markers I got somewhere else. They're hard acrylic.
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
I have a couple pics of my old tail lights with the big worm charcoal. Reverse lights also has the big worm charcoal tint: Pic#1 no lights on, just sun light. Pic#2 park lights, brakes NOT pressed
Attached Images

KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #5
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
I have a couple pics of my old tail lights with the big worm charcoal. Reverse lights also has the big worm charcoal tint: Pic#1 no lights on, just sun light. Pic#2 park lights, brakes NOT pressed
Charcoal is the darkest version? looks very good
Old 03-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #6
KeyWil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Charcoal is the darkest version? looks very good
Yep, the darkest you can get from them. The cops here in SoCal never pulled me over for them either.

Edit: These are RS tail lights that I have them on. Don't know if that helps any.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
KeyWil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
I got the rear tail light covers from Big Worm... but my tailights are not stock, they're the Technostalgia set. They're at least 50% brighter than stock and clearly visible at night (as you can see from this older pic). I think you'll be just fine with the kit on stock tail lights.

The side markers I got somewhere else. They're hard acrylic.
Spec, you still running those techno's? What model# are they? How long have you have them and how are they holding up?
Old 03-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #8
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
tint on side markers, tails

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #9
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Thanks guys that is a big help
Old 03-17-2015, 12:09 PM   #10
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Spec, you still running those techno's? What model# are they? How long have you have them and how are they holding up?
I've had them for a couple of years now... I didn't go with the 'Show Stopper' version that have the crazy flashes and demo modes, I went with the standard version. To tell you the truth, I've had to return 1 set to the manufacturer due to 2 LED's going out. Unfortunately they will not send you one or two lights - if there is a defect, they ask that you return the entire set back to them. The set I have now (probably close to 2yrs now) have worked flawlessly since they were replaced. As mentioned, they're MUCH brighter than stock so any 'smoked' items you add to them will not be an issue with these.

I think I paid around 300.00 for them. I'll have to double check if you really want to know by looking into my old records.

Bottom line, I love em. I think they look good.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:04 PM   #11
KeyWil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
I've had them for a couple of years now... I didn't go with the 'Show Stopper' version that have the crazy flashes and demo modes, I went with the standard version. To tell you the truth, I've had to return 1 set to the manufacturer due to 2 LED's going out. Unfortunately they will not send you one or two lights - if there is a defect, they ask that you return the entire set back to them. The set I have now (probably close to 2yrs now) have worked flawlessly since they were replaced. As mentioned, they're MUCH brighter than stock so any 'smoked' items you add to them will not be an issue with these.

I think I paid around 300.00 for them. I'll have to double check if you really want to know by looking into my old records.

Bottom line, I love em. I think they look good.
Good to hear man! Because if you search this site you'll mostly hear horror stories . They are some good looking lights. I bought some off a guy that traded in his ZL1 for a C7. It's the one with the rapid fire and such. They've been holding up so far with my commute. About 3 weeks now . This past weekend I turned off the rapid fire function because it just seemed like too much going on but I kept the sequentials. Still doing well and I think that may help them last longer **knock on wood** since it's not constantly flashing under braking. I think I may order some Big Worm light tint and put that on since looking at you lights you can't even tell they are tinted . Thanks for the response man.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:38 PM   #12
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Good to hear man! Because if you search this site you'll mostly hear horror stories . They are some good looking lights. I bought some off a guy that traded in his ZL1 for a C7. It's the one with the rapid fire and such. They've been holding up so far with my commute. About 3 weeks now . This past weekend I turned off the rapid fire function because it just seemed like too much going on but I kept the sequentials. Still doing well and I think that may help them last longer **knock on wood** since it's not constantly flashing under braking. I think I may order some Big Worm light tint and put that on since looking at you lights you can't even tell they are tinted . Thanks for the response man.
Anytime, brotha. That is probably the only thing I miss about not going with the more expensive set, the sequential turn signals... although I know there's a DIY out there that can get them to do that if I really wanted to go that route. Hope they last for a long time... both yours and mine. I think its a smart move not having the rapid fire on all the time as that may reduce the life of them (probably?). Good luck!