Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 06-02-2020, 01:26 AM   #1
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Brake Pads for Carbon Ceramic Rotors

Anyone know what part number/brand of pads to run on C7 Carbon Ceramic rotors when mounted on a 2020 ZL1 1LE?
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #2
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
should be the same pad used on the C7

https://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-item...Ceramic+Brakes
That1guy_tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #3
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
Anyone know what part number/brand of pads to run on C7 Carbon Ceramic rotors when mounted on a 2020 ZL1 1LE?
Do you have the CCB's on the front and rear? Using the RacingBrake kit or make your own up?

I have ran CCB's up front and have them for the rear, too. Neither are on the car at present. Car is 17 SS 1LE.

On pads, are you going to just have them on the street, or a bit of tracking, or tracking them all the time?
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #4
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Thanks for the info!

I'll be using them on the front and on street. GM C7 CR rotors on ZL1 hats. For the track I'll go back to the iron rotors.

I bought an aftermarket set of bronze colored wheels to run on the street and wanted the cool factor of carbon rotors plus the lack of wheel dust.

I'm constantly battling the brake dust on the OEM wheels plus I get some bad chatter occasionally and the only way to remedy is is to pull the front pads and scrub em clean in soap and water.

I've got about 4 more weeks before BC Forged is done with the wheels. Before then, I'm hoping to come up with a used set of ZL1 hats or I may just buy a new pair. I havent learned yet if the ZL1 rotor hardware will work with the CCR rotors or if I need to buy those too.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
Thanks for the info!

I'll be using them on the front and on street. GM C7 CR rotors on ZL1 hats. For the track I'll go back to the iron rotors.

I bought an aftermarket set of bronze colored wheels to run on the street and wanted the cool factor of carbon rotors plus the lack of wheel dust.

I'm constantly battling the brake dust on the OEM wheels plus I get some bad chatter occasionally and the only way to remedy is is to pull the front pads and scrub em clean in soap and water.

I've got about 4 more weeks before BC Forged is done with the wheels. Before then, I'm hoping to come up with a used set of ZL1 hats or I may just buy a new pair. I havent learned yet if the ZL1 rotor hardware will work with the CCR rotors or if I need to buy those too.
Why not just get a set of carbon-ceramic pads for street use, stock pads for track use, and use iron rotors all the time? Pads are super simple to swap but rotors are more of a PITA. Lots of people on here already do that, too

If you're set on using the carbon rotor rings, double check that all the hardware all matches up. For some reason I thought the carbon ceramic rotors on the C7 were larger and wouldn't fit the ZL1 calipers but I could just be making that up. Keep in mind torque specs aren't necessarily the same as the steel rings so you'll want to do some digging on that before bolting them up. I'd also suggest switching your usage plan; I'd use carbon rotors on the track and steel rotors with a carbon-ceramic pad on the street based on your dusting concerns (or even just carbon all the time). Carbon rotors will last longer on track than steel.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:09 PM   #6
UFDUB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
For what it’s worth, CCB are a great technology and work well, but are not cost effective for track usage (very costly consumeable vs steel).

I would suggest CCB for street use as they will last a long time, but steel for the track as this is a wear and tear item that will need replacing. Many Porsche guys that track use steel rotors for this very reason.
UFDUB is offline   Reply With Quote