Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
1ssa_camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1ss A8
Cars revving at you.

Does anyone have neighbors or people around their neighborhood that have any types of sports cars that always rev it or floor it in front of your home when your car is parked outside in your driveway. 😂 This scat pack just did a burnout out when he saw my SS outside. Them mopar guys are the most scandalous and the most confident until they take an L and won’t admit to it.
1ssa_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ssa_camaro View Post
This scat pack just did a burnout out when he saw my SS outside. Them mopar guys are the most scandalous and the most confident until they take an L and won’t admit to it.
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #3
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
No.

Everyone is very afraid.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:11 PM   #4
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Not so much my neighborhood but yeah I get stuff like that pretty regularly. Just yesterday I'm at a stop sign and a Challenger downshifts and floors it right across me.
Dagstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:38 PM   #5
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Yeah, I feel that's it a pretty normal thing that people with loud cars and little horsepower often do around where I live.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:46 PM   #6
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Yeah. Srt 300 last week. Actually sounded mean.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:55 PM   #7
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Just a few days ago there was an FR-S that revved at me. Personally I didn't take it as a sign to race, since we all know how it's gonna go between an FR-S and a Camaro SS. I think the guy just wanted to hear the V8 roar, haha. I didn't drive the car too hard since I wasn't broken in yet but still got some decent sound.

When I had my RX-8, I sometimes do it with cars with V8 as well. I did not do so to challenge them, but just to hear the glorious V8 rev up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
You gotta be really insecure to challenge a Fiesta with a Challenger, LOL. Besides, you never know who you are messing with. Maybe it's a sleeper with 500 WHP.

At least they didn't use a Mustang or the video will probably end with it crashing into the nearest crowd, LOL.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)

Last edited by UnknownJinX; 05-22-2020 at 10:15 PM.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:00 PM   #8
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Try getting a bunch of Camaros together and see what happens. Every time our Camaro club has a cruise, some knucklehead with a clapped out Civic and a coffee can muffler has to run it up to 6 grand and “rip” past our line of cars.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:54 PM   #9
Dragon08

Drives: 2020 1LE
Had that exact thing happen last week. 4 lane road 40 mph. Im cruising patiently behind the car in front of me doing 35 because I will be turning right soon. In my mirrors I see an orange and black (Same scheme as my Crush 1LE) Challenger coming up the lane to my left. On the way by i get a nice sounding vroom vroom from my Mopar cousin. Definitely an acknowledgement of like minded individuals. There was no chance to mistake it for a challenge as I was putting behind nana in her Sebring. Had I anticipated better, I may have replied. Kinda like biker wave.
Dragon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:00 PM   #10
Dragon08

Drives: 2020 1LE
[/QUOTE]You gotta be really insecure to challenge a Fiesta with a Challenger, LOL. Besides, you never know who you are messing with. Maybe it's a sleeper with 500 WHP.

At least they didn't use a Mustang or the video will probably end with it crashing into the nearest crowd, LOL.[/QUOTE]

That is a fight best gone unpicked. Its a no win. Like a football player picking on an average guy. The big guy pummels the little guy, and hes a jerk for beating up someone half his size. You find the little guy has special skills and lose, now your a weenie for losing to said little guy.
Dragon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:05 PM   #11
455/455

Drives: 2016 1SS
If I back my SS out of the garage I always get a Mustang or A Challenger in the neighborhood making noise when they go by. Last year I was getting on the highway with my wife in the car. We were under a highway overpass and a challenger kept revving 2 cars ahead of me. My wife was asking “what is that idiot doing?” I said he sees me behind him and wants to race. I proceeded to get on the highway and blow his doors off. Twice ��
1984 Mustang GT 5.0 (sold) 14.9 1/4
1977 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ (sold)
455/455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:22 PM   #12
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Ha Ha, yesterday I am stopped at a traffic light waiting to make a left turn and a guy in a Hyundai Veloster pulls up on my right. He revs his car a few times, I guess to show off his aftermarket exhaust. The light turns green and off he goes squealing his tires. Maybe he was attempting to say "I have a hot car too", but all I could think of was "what a jerk".
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:33 PM   #13
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon08 View Post
That is a fight best gone unpicked. Its a no win. Like a football player picking on an average guy. The big guy pummels the little guy, and hes a jerk for beating up someone half his size. You find the little guy has special skills and lose, now your a weenie for losing to said little guy.
Exactly, you prove nothing if you win, and you look pathetic if you lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron2ss View Post
Ha Ha, yesterday I am stopped at a traffic light waiting to make a left turn and a guy in a Hyundai Veloster pulls up on my right. He revs his car a few times, I guess to show off his aftermarket exhaust. The light turns green and off he goes squealing his tires. Maybe he was attempting to say "I have a hot car too", but all I could think of was "what a jerk".
Reminds me of a story.

When I had my RX-8, I was just waiting at a stoplight once. Then this 8th Gen Civic Si Coupe pulled up beside me, and started revving at me. I just started chuckling because that's very, er, Civic boy racer. Wasn't exactly planning on racing anyway, so the light turned green and I just drove off normally, and I looked in the left mirror and saw the Civic Si was sitting still behind me. The guy stalled(Civic Si only comes in stick, for those who don't know).

If you want to challenge someone, at least know how to actually drive a stick.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:34 PM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Not on my street or neighborhood but sometimes out on the roads driving around the city. Most that are reving their engines own a Mustang, Camaro, Challenger or Charger. I will get the occasional fart can owner that has to rev its engine but not too often. I have been told it’s a way to say hey there and you have a nice hotrod especially in passing each other on the road. Now if it’s in the lane next to you then that’s another story. ZL1s are far and few between in the city where I live and I usually don’t see one for several months if then.