Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
JuST ARRIVED THE NEWLY RELEASED TONY MAMO PTB

Im so excited to show pics of the newly developed V2 Design PTB by Tony mamo. I will install it this week and give you guys my thoughts. Its OEM but his most aggressively built PTB as of yet for the LT1. Im so glad he afforded me the opportunity to be the first one to give my thoughts. He is a fantastic guy to work with and you can tell he loves what he does.
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #2
Redline_2ss

Drives: 2018 camaro 2ss
do a before and after dyno
Redline_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #3
Move'n Up

Drives: 17 Z06/Z07, 17 2SS Fifty, Ram 2500
Looks nice. Do you already have a version 1 TB of his?
Old 02-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #4
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
I would like to know how the low speed/off idle response is. This has been dogging me. I am afraid to pull out in fast traffic because of the slow throttle response.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:11 PM   #5
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move'n Up View Post
Looks nice. Do you already have a version 1 TB of his?
I was going to purchase the version 1, until he said if i waited he could make me one of the first to get the version 2, which is supposedly twice as aggressive. Hopefully he chimes in and explains a bit more.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:14 PM   #6
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

[QUOTE=avalonandl;10721999]I would like to know how the low speed/off idle response is. This has been dogging me. I am afraid to pull out in fast traffic because of the slow throttle response.

I will let you know soon enough🙂
Old 02-11-2020, 05:22 PM   #7
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline_2ss View Post
do a before and after dyno
Yea, maybe I will do a quick dyno session b4 and after. IF I can be that patient Im dying to slap it on. You kno its not about the hp its about the response difference which Tony claims I will feel thru the entire power band
Old 02-11-2020, 06:32 PM   #8
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Two more pics of the interior shaft tony wanted me to show how much he narrowed the shaft which is the major difference of the V2 TB. He will be chiming in soon to break it it down for you.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2020, 01:24 AM   #9
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Guys,

Im going to be posting a more "official" thread about the release of my new V2 ported throttle bodies but Im very excited about how things turned out and have invested quite alot of time to get here.

One of the reasons I have not posted yet is because I need to flowtest one of my finished products against a stock TB as well as a few competitors products but I'm confident the results will bode well for my new design.

In fact I really need to get a few better pics posted that show off the added features but the housing bore is the most streamlined and more efficient and the CSA is also the largest in its class with the thinnest milled throttle shafts in the industry and a unique way I handled the bolt thread situation so as not to compromise strength and reliability (a picture is worth a thousand words here which I will do my best to post up soon).

I guess the reality here is I was waiting to post for a reason and that was mainly time to get all my facts straight and pictures loaded up but the cat is out of the bag now and if any of you are interested or would like more info I urge you to email, phone or PM me and we can simply take it from there.

Much like my first design (which I will still offer at the lower price) Im offering a 30 day performance guarantee....if you don't think it was worth every penny send it back for a full refund on the price of the part (excludes freight).

I know the big question here will be whats the difference between my first design and the new design. The main difference (V1 vs V2) will be the total CFM the unit flows....there will be some slight gains in responsiveness and tip in, but the largest difference will be the total CFM gain once your past 75% throttle with the full benefit of the V2 TB showing the largest gains at WOT which will naturally add more TQ and more HP from the upgrade.

More info coming soon in a new thread I will draft and post myself.

Regarding pricing you looking at $450 shipped on the new design to cover the additional CNC time required to manufacture the part and engrave my logo and part description on the blade.

Cheers,
Tony
661-714-1317
Tony@mamomotorsports.com

PS....For those interested I do have a small inventory of V2 units on the shelf now (both LT1 and LT4 units) from the first small production run of these so if you are interested get back to me ASAP
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:39 AM   #10
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports View Post
Guys,

Im going to be posting a more "official" thread about the release of my new V2 ported throttle bodies but Im very excited about how things turned out and have invested quite alot of time to get here.

One of the reasons I have not posted yet is because I need to flowtest one of my finished products against a stock TB as well as a few competitors products but I'm confident the results will bode well for my new design.

In fact I really need to get a few better pics posted that show off the added features but the housing bore is the most streamlined and more efficient and the CSA is also the largest in its class with the thinnest milled throttle shafts in the industry and a unique way I handled the bolt thread situation so as not to compromise strength and reliability (a picture is worth a thousand words here which I will do my best to post up soon).

I guess the reality here is I was waiting to post for a reason and that was mainly time to get all my facts straight and pictures loaded up but the cat is out of the bag now and if any of you are interested or would like more info I urge you to email, phone or PM me and we can simply take it from there.

Much like my first design (which I will still offer at the lower price) Im offering a 30 day performance guarantee....if you don't think it was worth every penny send it back for a full refund on the price of the part (excludes freight).

I know the big question here will be whats the difference between my first design and the new design. The main difference (V1 vs V2) will be the total CFM the unit flows....there will be some slight gains in responsiveness and tip in, but the largest difference will be the total CFM gain once your past 75% throttle with the full benefit of the V2 TB showing the largest gains at WOT which will naturally add more TQ and more HP from the upgrade.

More info coming soon in a new thread I will draft and post myself.

Regarding pricing you looking at $450 shipped on the new design to cover the additional CNC time required to manufacture the part and engrave my logo and part description on the blade.

Cheers,
Tony
661-714-1317
Tony@mamomotorsports.com

PS....For those interested I do have a small inventory of V2 units on the shelf now (both LT1 and LT4 units) from the first small production run of these so if you are interested get back to me ASAP
Im installing mine today, will give feedback 😃
Old 02-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #11
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
any chance tony will be offering a mail in upgrade for us version 1 owners?
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #12
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
any chance tony will be offering a mail in upgrade for us version 1 owners?
I have a ? For the V1 owners. HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET THIS DAMN CLIP OFF THE TB. Im keep hearing bout the gray clip alot of people broke it off and just pulled the clip back. Whats the trick ughhh I really dying to install this thing. Haha.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #13
Move'n Up

Drives: 17 Z06/Z07, 17 2SS Fifty, Ram 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
I have a ? For the V1 owners. HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET THIS DAMN CLIP OFF THE TB. Im keep hearing bout the gray clip alot of people broke it off and just pulled the clip back. Whats the trick ughhh I really dying to install this thing. Haha.
This is the bottom of the connector so, slide the white piece away from the TB and then press "in" on it. Then simply pull the connections apart.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #14
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move'n Up View Post
This is the bottom of the connector so, slide the white piece away from the TB and then press "in" on it. Then simply pull the connections apart.
Update!!!!! I installed it this morning And::

Its raining cant really get into it like I want. BUT, I will say these things things:
Tour mode feels like sport mode feels like track mode and trak mode feels like its a throttle controller on level 9! At every speed whether your going 0, 10 20 30 40 50 60 the throttle is DEFINITELY different. You only have to slightly press the down to get a response. The car has a tad more growl to it and the gears transition smoother it seems. My car is not stock but it almost feels like I got it tuned again!. And oh, I put it in track mode jus to see, even though it was raining. Im NOT exaggerating. I was going 33 mpg TAPPED the pedal and my neck actually snapped back with a cracking sound. If this is how it is barely hitting it when its raining then im actually scared when it clears up. GREAT JOB BRO!!!!!
I LOVE YOU 😂😂
Attached Images