Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-15-2020, 04:12 PM   #1
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Chemical Guys Carbon Flex Trim Coating on windshield cowl

The windshield cowl plastic is exposed to lots of UV rays and is usually the first plastic to start to dry out and grey. I used Chemical Guys Carbon Flex Trim Coating on windshield cowl and I was super pleased with the results. It looks as good or better than new.

My trim was not dry and white yet but it was not as shiny as it had been. I cleaned the plastic with the hood up using a brush with car wash soap and then plastic trim cleaner. I can't remember which brand is was, it was in an unlabelled bottle. After letting it dry well, I used the supplied suede cloth and applicator to apply the Carbon Flex.

I waited 2 weeks to take these pictures and to decide how it looks. I drove it in the rain a couple of times and it sat in the sun a little. I think it looks awesome.

It applied easily and I did NOT buff it off. I have seen reviews that said it applied unevenly. I think thats because the reviewer either didn't wait long enough to buff it or buffed too hard. I didn't buff at all and it looks great. It is not cheap but once your plastic starts to dry out and go white, there's not much that can be done.

*I noticed I got a little on the windshield, and it is tough to get off. Be careful applying and make sure to wipe off glass right away.

I will watch how it holds up and report.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:52 AM   #2
Jersey devil

Drives: '17 Z06
Thanks for the review Kirk, that came out nice
Jersey devil is offline   Reply With Quote