Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-31-2022, 04:12 PM   #1
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
zl1 question (potential purchase)

Hi all - I'm back after being away for a couple years. Sold my ss 1le back in 2019 and bought a c7 grand sport. I recently sold that one because the used car market was too good to pass up, and I got almost what I had paid for it 2 years earlier!

I know the car market is still hot, but I'm looking at zl1s now. I'm wondering if I order a 2022 to spec it exactly how I want, should I expect to pay msrp (looking like it comes to about $71k) or are dealers willing to negotiate at all? Appreciate any recent experience with dealerships, as I haven't bought anything since 2019 before all the chaos
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:14 PM   #2
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
Hi all - I'm back after being away for a couple years. Sold my ss 1le back in 2019 and bought a c7 grand sport. I recently sold that one because the used car market was too good to pass up, and I got almost what I had paid for it 2 years earlier!

I know the car market is still hot, but I'm looking at zl1s now. I'm wondering if I order a 2022 to spec it exactly how I want, should I expect to pay msrp (looking like it comes to about $71k) or are dealers willing to negotiate at all? Appreciate any recent experience with dealerships, as I haven't bought anything since 2019 before all the chaos
IMO, if you get MSRP without markup, you're doing pretty damn good...especially if you're having 1 built. As I was told, "if you don't buy it, someone will walk in later today or first thing tomorrow and buy it.", and sadly, thats true right now for these cars; ESPECIALLY for the ZLE and Z/28 (albeit the latter is a 5th gen).
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:26 PM   #3
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
Pretty much what HoodCheck said...that seems to be the norm these days....I felt fortunate to get $500 off MSRP and the dealer I used, their admin fees were only a total of $250.....now my '19.....I got $7k off MSRP!

2020 GT350 Heritage Edition-Chassis L0350
2019 ZL1 Summit White M6
2018 Hellcat White Knuckle M6
2016 Hellcat GoMango A8
2002 Dodge Viper Viper Red
2002 Corvette Z06 Millennium Yellow
1998 Dodge Viper Viper Silver Metallic
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:29 PM   #4
JBones81

Yep, got a bunch off msrp when I ordered my Grand Sport, and that helped me get most back when I sold it last year. I have a helpful local dealer answering a couple questions, but wanted to check on here before I attempted to talk price. He is asking for a $1000 deposit if I do order one. I think I did that on the grand sport, but it was refundable. I'd feel most comfortable doing it that way again, in case something crazy happens or the world goes to shit in the next few months...lol
Old 01-31-2022, 06:03 PM   #5
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I ordered a 22 in December and it’s supposed to arrive this week. I ordered at MSRP, but I think I’ll get $500 off. Unfortunately the Doc fee is $600. I was surprised the order got picked up and built this quick. if it comes in this week it will be during a rain storm or really cold temps.

You should easily be able to get It at MSRP maximum
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:12 PM   #6
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
MSRP is to be expected. My dealership has a 2020 ZL1 for about $80K, so for a new ZL1 I'm more than happy to pay MSRP. Also, make sure you look through the "constraints" thread to see if your options are even available. It makes a difference. I avoided the PDR (even though it seemed cool) which was on constraint earlier, and put a lot of orders on hold. My ZL1 is built, just awaiting to be shipped.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:26 PM   #7
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I think MSRP is reasonable right now. not guaranteed of course, but should be possible.

Quote:
Yep, got a bunch off msrp when I ordered my Grand Sport, and that helped me get most back when I sold it last year. I have a helpful local dealer answering a couple questions, but wanted to check on here before I attempted to talk price. He is asking for a $1000 deposit if I do order one. I think I did that on the grand sport, but it was refundable. I'd feel most comfortable doing it that way again, in case something crazy happens or the world goes to shit in the next few months...lol
Looks like you are 15 min from me. we are trying to buy a tahoe for my wife in the next 6 months.. stopped by winter chevrolet a few weeks ago and they basically want $4k mark up, and $2k in bs dealer add ons on anything they sell right now. we wanted to compare the tahoe to the suburban and traverse, and they have none of these cars on the lot. They said that they are usually ordered or sold before they arrive.

I am totally fine with expanding my search criteria if needed as i am not willing to pay above msrp.

interested to know of any bay area dealers that you find that would work with you on an msrp order.
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:37 PM   #8
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
MSRP is to be expected. My dealership has a 2020 ZL1 for about $80K, so for a new ZL1 I'm more than happy to pay MSRP. Also, make sure you look through the "constraints" thread to see if your options are even available. It makes a difference. I avoided the PDR (even though it seemed cool) which was on constraint earlier, and put a lot of orders on hold. My ZL1 is built, just awaiting to be shipped.
oh ok, good call. I'll ask him about this.
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 01-31-2022, 06:39 PM   #9
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
I think MSRP is reasonable right now. not guaranteed of course, but should be possible.

Looks like you are 15 min from me. we are trying to buy a tahoe for my wife in the next 6 months.. stopped by winter chevrolet a few weeks ago and they basically want $4k mark up, and $2k in bs dealer add ons on anything they sell right now. we wanted to compare the tahoe to the suburban and traverse, and they have none of these cars on the lot. They said that they are usually ordered or sold before they arrive.

I am totally fine with expanding my search criteria if needed as i am not willing to pay above msrp.

interested to know of any bay area dealers that you find that would work with you on an msrp order.
I bought my ss 1le from Winter. They were very difficult to negotiate with, but at the time, they had the only Hyper Blue Metallic 1LE in norcal, and that was the color I wanted. They were pleasant enough to work with otherwise. Still, I wouldn't work with them again as my first choice unless they offered me a great deal. Our experience with Concord Chevy has also been just so-so.
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 01-31-2022, 06:46 PM   #10
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
I ordered a 22 in December and it’s supposed to arrive this week. I ordered at MSRP, but I think I’ll get $500 off. Unfortunately the Doc fee is $600. I was surprised the order got picked up and built this quick. if it comes in this week it will be during a rain storm or really cold temps.

You should easily be able to get It at MSRP maximum
Holy shit. I was thinking of trading my ZLE in on a '22 ZLE (I want the A10 version), but GM Financial requires you (or at least me) to keep a car for 6 months before trading. I was thinking of doing that next month thinking it would take at least 4-5 before it came in, but if turnaround is that fast, dang...
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:58 PM   #11
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
I bought my ss 1le from Winter. They were very difficult to negotiate with, but at the time, they had the only Hyper Blue Metallic 1LE in norcal, and that was the color I wanted. They were pleasant enough to work with otherwise. Still, I wouldn't work with them again as my first choice unless they offered me a great deal. Our experience with Concord Chevy has also been just so-so.
We got my wife's 2019 equinox from concord chevrolet. we had been looking at cars for about 6 months and the black friday deals at concord chevrolet were surprisingly very good, several grand cheaper than the best prices we received within a ~300 mile range. getting a good price and not needing to negotiate felt like a win. probably wont be happening this go round lol
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:57 PM   #12
Mac7504

Drives: 2003 Monte Carlo SS SLP, 2022 ZL1
Dealers down here in so cal want a minimum of 10k to 15k over MSRP, it's disgusting. I ordered my spec ZL1 and when it arrived they didn't want to work at all. I walked and they kept calling me to deal. I really wanted the car so offered 5k over and negotiated a super low interest rate. However the day I was supposed to sign and take delivery I got notice my company was dissolving...smh. After I refused, they continued to work the deal lower and lower which showed me what scumbags they really were. It took them over 2 months to sell the car but one dumb ass kid walked in and paid 15k over! The salesman would follow up everyday with me and finally told me the news. I said good for yall. Kid paid 105k+ for a ZL1. LOL

Working with another dealer now, and will save nearly 10k if it works out.
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:47 AM   #13
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
We got my wife's 2019 equinox from concord chevrolet. we had been looking at cars for about 6 months and the black friday deals at concord chevrolet were surprisingly very good, several grand cheaper than the best prices we received within a ~300 mile range. getting a good price and not needing to negotiate felt like a win. probably wont be happening this go round lol
lol, yep. We got our 2016 SS there during their black friday sale! I want to say it was like 32k for a loaded 2ss that stickered at around 41. Those days are gone for now!
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 02-01-2022, 12:48 AM   #14
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Dealers down here in so cal want a minimum of 10k to 15k over MSRP, it's disgusting. I ordered my spec ZL1 and when it arrived they didn't want to work at all. I walked and they kept calling me to deal. I really wanted the car so offered 5k over and negotiated a super low interest rate. However the day I was supposed to sign and take delivery I got notice my company was dissolving...smh. After I refused, they continued to work the deal lower and lower which showed me what scumbags they really were. It took them over 2 months to sell the car but one dumb ass kid walked in and paid 15k over! The salesman would follow up everyday with me and finally told me the news. I said good for yall. Kid paid 105k+ for a ZL1. LOL

Working with another dealer now, and will save nearly 10k if it works out.
10k under msrp, or...?
Instagram - @JBsCars