Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-12-2020, 11:07 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Agreed on the fueling. 610 at the wheels is pushing your luck on stock LT1 fuel system.
His car isn't really making 610...that is the issue with correction factor at high elevation. The car likely made 490whp in high elevation and the dyno spits out a corrected number saying this is what it would make at sea level in 70 degree weather but the problem is that it would never truly make 610whp on the stock fuel system at sea level. It's basically like measuring from behind the balls.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #16
federal

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
His car isn't really making 610...that is the issue with correction factor at high elevation. The car likely made 490whp in high elevation and the dyno spits out a corrected number saying this is what it would make at sea level in 70 degree weather but the problem is that it would never truly make 610whp on the stock fuel system at sea level. It's basically like measuring from behind the balls.
High altitude problems, but should’ve known posting a corrected dyno number would cause some drama, lol.

Car runs great regardless though. High 11’s trapping around 124mph, all with easy throttle, terrible 60ft times, and 12000+ DA. Runs and compares with GT-Rs, Hellcats, and 6th gen ZL1s and cars of the like, so no regrets with it so far. Back when I had fresh all seasons on and the tires would actually hook, 0-60 got down to 3.6 seconds as well. Happy with it as a street car.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #17
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
No problems with my ECS kit other than needing a new belt...it sometimes squeaks when hot....just haven't had time to get up there for them to do it. I'm waiting to find time and just have them do a trans tune and some other things.

I'ts a solid kit, I just wish the blower itself was a tad louder but overall I like it. With the Vortech race blowoff valve it's pretty loud. Put down 555 to the wheels on an otherwise stock car.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:17 PM   #18
SS on the go

Drives: 2018 camaro ss1
Thank you guys for your comments; i was looking at the AC ZL1 a few days ago..looking to get one and a catch can. I was planning to keep at 91 pump,Im not planning to do runs but hit gas the every now and then to get them Mopar dudes off of me lol... Should i do a conversion flex fuel kit..to get the real hp at the wheel?
SS on the go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:28 PM   #19
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by federal View Post
High altitude problems, but should’ve known posting a corrected dyno number would cause some drama, lol.

Car runs great regardless though. High 11’s trapping around 124mph, all with easy throttle, terrible 60ft times, and 12000+ DA. Runs and compares with GT-Rs, Hellcats, and 6th gen ZL1s and cars of the like, so no regrets with it so far. Back when I had fresh all seasons on and the tires would actually hook, 0-60 got down to 3.6 seconds as well. Happy with it as a street car.
For sure.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #20
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
The big thing about that heat shield is that it actually helps reduce the radiant heat from the headers, from keeping the air filter from getting baked.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:19 AM   #21
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Without the shield on a Procharger setup, I've never seen a real need for this. Once the car is moving over 5mph the IAT would drop back down pretty quickly. I assume the heat is pulled out from underneath the car as it moves forward. My IAT's were never really much higher than 5 over ambient. THe only time it would get up there is while the car was stuck in traffic but I'd imagine a heat shield isn't going to save you from that.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:28 PM   #22
federal

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Without the shield on a Procharger setup, I've never seen a real need for this. Once the car is moving over 5mph the IAT would drop back down pretty quickly. I assume the heat is pulled out from underneath the car as it moves forward. My IAT's were never really much higher than 5 over ambient. THe only time it would get up there is while the car was stuck in traffic but I'd imagine a heat shield isn't going to save you from that.
Not sure either, but it was just a midnight idea I had when I was working on the car one night - figured it would either help or do nothing

The IAT savings come from the hood, in my opinion and analysis. I was taking note of some temperatures yesterday, nothing officially recorded, but off the top of my head:

On a drive to Denver (85 miles for me) and back, with very heavy throttle use for the sake of experimenting, even at WOT it only got to 10 over ambient, then dropped to 1-2° over ambient within 30 seconds afterwards. This was on a 90° day too, so definitely not a cool day. I’m very curious to see how much the hood effects the IATs, so over this upcoming weekend, I may put the stock hood on and try and scientifically repeat a test and look at the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
The big thing about that heat shield is that it actually helps reduce the radiant heat from the headers, from keeping the air filter from getting baked.
Another aspect of what I had worried about and why I put the additional shielding - back before I had a catch can, I had a breather cap which would spew quite a bit of oil... idk if it’s hot enough or even possible, but I’d rather not have my air filter burning, melting, or catching fire.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #23
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
If you really want every degree you can get cooler. I pulled off all the "for show" plastic covers on the engine include that felt looking cover under the intake. Yank it all. Even the valve cover felt and plastics. It helps a great deal IMHO reduce material that just helps insulate and heat soak the engine.
Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote