Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-08-2019, 02:31 PM   #15
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Glad you are OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Wow, you're VERY lucky that the air bags didn't deploy with that impact....but that will keep the repair costs down and they should have you fixed up soon!

Glad you are safe and hopefully your baby will be back out on the roads soon enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
The important part is that you are ok...
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt fe2o3 View Post
Yes, glad you are OK. I could not bear to drive in the rain with the F1 summer only runflats, too dangerous. Not sure what you were running and the condition.

Rear left as above poster indicated. Some mechanical issue. Let's play the insurance/body shop quotation quiz.

I say 9,200 bucks at the final supplement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
Glad you were okay & superficial damage on 6th gen. You might get a better paint job on front, thicker. Also hope the paint matches too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
Wow, that damage looks minor considering. Glad you're okay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
Rear suspension points are likely bent. My prediction is closer to $15K.
Hope I'm wrong, though, and it's less invasive for you.
Thanks for all the good wishes, called insurance and have someone coming to take a look sometime this week. Gonna have it towed to nearest dealer or wherever is the best recommended shop after that.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:47 AM   #16
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Haha, it’s amazing because we just bought new wheels and we were talking about finding good tires for them. On the bright side, it didn’t happen to the new wheels
LOL - a guy at work got a Tesla 3 Supreme-Sport-Whatever-Performance a month ago. Hit a major pothole last night and screwed up two wheels on the PAX side - one pretty bad - I mean its holding air but he HAS to replace it.

Let us know how it works out. Insurance is either really good or pretty bad. I think there is some stuff up under the front left - a cooler - if I recall

Anyway my guess is body and paint starts around 3k. Panels and such another 1.5k, labor and paint 2k, rear end mechanical 2.5k and a supplement for xx$.

Out here they take the repair value, add it to the salvage value to determine if they can fix it. High salvage value easy 20k due running gear and interior intact - at 15k as another poster indicated - shoot - could be a total.

In looking to your pics further whole front clip is moved. Might be even moar than 15k. Get prepared.

I have "as seen on TV" new car replacement coverage - costs little. Nice to have.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:39 PM   #17
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
LOL - a guy at work got a Tesla 3 Supreme-Sport-Whatever-Performance a month ago. Hit a major pothole last night and screwed up two wheels on the PAX side - one pretty bad - I mean its holding air but he HAS to replace it.

Let us know how it works out. Insurance is either really good or pretty bad. I think there is some stuff up under the front left - a cooler - if I recall

Anyway my guess is body and paint starts around 3k. Panels and such another 1.5k, labor and paint 2k, rear end mechanical 2.5k and a supplement for xx$.

Out here they take the repair value, add it to the salvage value to determine if they can fix it. High salvage value easy 20k due running gear and interior intact - at 15k as another poster indicated - shoot - could be a total.

In looking to your pics further whole front clip is moved. Might be even moar than 15k. Get prepared.

I have "as seen on TV" new car replacement coverage - costs little. Nice to have.
Yea, the estimator just left and he says that the frame is definitely bent but is unsure how far it until they can take it apart and look. Says it'll be close to the total loss point but can't say much until it's opened up.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #18
matt fe2o3

Keep us posted.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #19
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Keep us posted.
For sure, currently after talking with my brother and seeing the insurance figures; it was very close to being totaled and we decided to total it. But we're going to keep it and take the larger total value and have the full repairs done.

Originally the car was bought by my brother from auction for ~$15k and repairs were estimated at ~$12k. So with insurance giving, around that should cover the repair and we'll closer to being out the hole for the car. The car will be a rebuilt title and insurance will be less covered afterward but it was either this or try to find another car and spend another ~$15-20k. This way it's less overall money spent on our part.

I'm still trying to figure out everything but I trust my brother more than my own judgment.

So once insurance answers their calls we can get it going, gonna get the rear driver wheel fixed first so it's mobility is restored then take it to a shop, thinking I can hopefully find parts from members here or local selling to have the repair costs lower.

I may also have an attachment to the car as well. Who knew about half a year of ownership could do such things haha
Old 04-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #20
matt fe2o3

Sounds reasonable. The best deal is the one you are happy with!

Tags
hit, hydroplaned