Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-16-2018, 01:59 AM   #1
ApexDrift

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
CORSA Extreme vs AWE Touring or Track Axleback

Hey guys!

I would love to get everyone's opinion on the CORSA Extreme vs AWE Touring or Track Axleback! I've heard sound clips and the sound pretty similar... To me at least... The AWE looks to have better looking tips IMO. Also wanted to see if the AWE had any drone since the Corsa is drone free. Please let me know!
ApexDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:48 AM   #2
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
I have the AWE Touring axel back and it has no drone. I have a 1SS with the A8 auto plus you cant beat the price of the AWE. RDP store with Dyno Steve can help you out also.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:05 AM   #3
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
RDP has AWE on sale right now. I got the AWE Touring, the 4.5 tips really sang to me. Plus some of the track versions look like muffler deletes to me which was going to be too much for me to DD.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
AWE shows cheaper at Phastek Performance.

You can't go wrong with either Corsa or AWE... Complete toss of the coin.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #5
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Phastek will also not give you a Veterans Discount on the AWE System like DynoSteve did.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Honestly if you were comparing the AWE Touring axleback to the Corsa Extreme, it would be apple to apples. The track edition is going to give you a decent amount of drone, the Corsa isn't going to give you any. I would go Corsa in that case.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
Phastek will also not give you a Veterans Discount on the AWE System like DynoSteve did.
Bottom line is neither one has much margin on these so you can play discount numbers all day long. Black Friday is around the corner too. Same either place

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2169
Size:  55.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by staples87 View Post
Honestly if you were comparing the AWE Touring axleback to the Corsa Extreme, it would be apple to apples. The track edition is going to give you a decent amount of drone, the Corsa isn't going to give you any. I would go Corsa in that case.
Nope... Extreme is a pretty close match to the AWE Touring as far as loudness. Track is just that... track.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #8
staples87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Bottom line is neither one has much margin on these so you can play discount numbers all day long. Black Friday is around the corner too. Same either place

Attachment 964385

Nope... Extreme is a pretty close match to the AWE Touring as far as loudness. Track is just that... track.
Really? I was under the impression the xtreme Axleback was louder than the Touring Axleback. So would it be safe to say the Corsa Xtreme catback, would be as loud as the AWE Touring unresonated catback with the performance link pipes?
Old 11-16-2018, 11:15 AM   #9
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I hope the AWE Touring isn't as loud as the Corsa Extreme, might have to change my plans if so.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by staples87 View Post
Really? I was under the impression the xtreme Axleback was louder than the Touring Axleback. So would it be safe to say the Corsa Xtreme catback, would be as loud as the AWE Touring unresonated catback with the performance link pipes?
While I don't have experience with either axle back the AWE I have now with no resonators and both sets of cats in place is the same loudness as my Corsa was without cats. I know Phastek did some decibel readings on mine and they may be able to advise a bit more and hopefully post the videos soon. I really think the name Touring Edition is a bit of a mis-nomenclature.

Maybe I can find someone at the track this Sunday with Corsa and we can do a side by side compare because I'm just having to go off of memory from driving it but this AWE is definitely not tame like the name sort of implies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
I hope the AWE Touring isn't as loud as the Corsa Extreme, might have to change my plans if so.
That's where the resonator piece comes in. If you are concerned order it with this because the touring edition AWE is pretty aggressive.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #11
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Well I have headers also so I guess it would be really loud? I really don't want to piss the neighbors off too much with this car.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #12
staples87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
While I don't have experience with either axle back the AWE I have now with no resonators and both sets of cats in place is the same loudness as my Corsa was without cats. I know Phastek did some decibel readings on mine and they may be able to advise a bit more and hopefully post the videos soon. I really think the name Touring Edition is a bit of a mis-nomenclature.

Oh so you currently have the AWE Touring non resonated catback, but with the secondary cats in place?

It's as loud as the Corsa Xtreme catback with no secondary cats (double x-pipe)?
Old 11-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #13
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Not to change the subject but what is the purpose of the Corsa double x-pipe?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #14
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Not to change the subject but what is the purpose of the Corsa double x-pipe?
It allows the stock system to be taken out as one piece with no cutting.

It also adds about 6-8 DB in loudness according to Corsa, compared to the axle-back system.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote