Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2020, 05:28 PM   #15
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
AWE track edition. That is all

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #16
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
My S type should be here tomorrow.

I never cared for obnoxious exhaust systems myself.

I much more enjoy a subdued, yet fully capable, system. Walk softly & carry a big stick so to speak.

Otherwise you’re like the dipshit Harley riders out there that make a bunch of attention-getting noise, but that attention is rarely positive.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:47 PM   #17
supersportss

Drives: 2019 SS
Borla S-type sounds truly amazing, the Atak was way to loud.
supersportss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #18
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I think the ATAK is rather quiet with the windows up. It's why I'm looking into headers now.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #19
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
I think the ATAK is rather quiet with the windows up. It's why I'm looking into headers now.
Haha! You must have some pretty cool neighbors! Mine would be calling the cops every time I started it each morning. I guess that's where the NPP thing comes into play though.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:37 PM   #20
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
AWE track edition. That is all

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Heard a ZL1 with an AWE system at cars and coffee, man do they sound hella angry! I would definitely consider this system but I do need the NPP valves *thanks neighbors*
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:22 PM   #21
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Heard a ZL1 with an AWE system at cars and coffee, man do they sound hella angry! I would definitely consider this system but I do need the NPP valves *thanks neighbors*

I post this every time this topic comes up, -don't discount NON Npp systems. I love my AWE btw. ...the only part of it I can't keep quiet and neighbor friendly is that initial bark of a cold start. -but to be honest, I think even the stock system is surprisingly loud upon cold start. I don't DD, but the few times I've had to leave early in the AM, I just crank it right as I open the door. Beyond that, under 2000 rpms, it's no louder than all the new pickups running aftermarket mufflers.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #22
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
Yea even their "Touring" version is pretty loud probably on par with Corsa's extreme line. Im looking to change mine out to the Borla S type or Corsa sport to try and quieten mine down a little.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #23
Azerlazer26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
I post this every time this topic comes up, -don't discount NON Npp systems. I love my AWE btw. ...the only part of it I can't keep quiet and neighbor friendly is that initial bark of a cold start. -but to be honest, I think even the stock system is surprisingly loud upon cold start. I don't DD, but the few times I've had to leave early in the AM, I just crank it right as I open the door. Beyond that, under 2000 rpms, it's no louder than all the new pickups running aftermarket mufflers.
Main reason I’m staying true to the NPP systems is because I’m up pretty early in the mornings for work and school coming up in a couple months. On top of that, the neighborhood I live in mostly consist of little kids/old people. Also, the car is also my primary daily driver until the winter months.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:10 PM   #24
enzia35

Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
Haha! You must have some pretty cool neighbors! Mine would be calling the cops every time I started it each morning. I guess that's where the NPP thing comes into play though.
Ah, I don't leave the apt super early in the mornings much and I point the exhaust away from the building.

Also exhaust is started in open mode regardless.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #25
enzia35

Quote:
Main reason I’m staying true to the NPP systems is because I’m up pretty early in the mornings for work and school coming up in a couple months. On top of that, the neighborhood I live in mostly consist of little kids/old people. Also, the car is also my primary daily driver until the winter months.
The NPP exhaust stays open on start-up unless you go through the menu and select stealth mode before starting the car. And I find that to be a pain in the butt.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:15 PM   #26
Azerlazer26

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
The NPP exhaust stays open on start-up unless you go through the menu and select stealth mode before starting the car. And I find that to be a pain in the butt.
Oh I usually put the car into stealth mode right before I shut her off anyways. It’s become second nature to me at this point
Old 07-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Many of you have likely seen my thread, but wanted to add it here for reference...

I'm trying to evaluate exhausts for both sound and volume to allow me to choose a system and hopefully help for these kinds of efforts in general.

If you are interested in participating by recording your car, head over to this thread and post that you are willing to help: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577476

I am gathering as much data as possible for all kinds of exhausts and am ready to get started. Ideal candidate (cars) are those with no mods other than the exhaust having been changed although stock exhausts with different motors are needed as well.

I can share a video of how to collect the data and then it's just a matter of getting the results to me to be published.

Last edited by ember1205; 07-15-2020 at 01:02 PM.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #28
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Question to the Borla guys. Are you happy with your purchase? Do you regret getting the S-Type or ATAK and wished you had upgraded or downgraded to the S or ATAK?

In regards to Magnaflow/Flowmaster, I will be taking a look but these systems will most likely be in my lower picks on my list.
I'm currently very happy with the S-Type. I still remember hearing it start while I was in the waiting room at the shop and I got an instant smile. And believe me the smiles have continued far longer than the sting of the cost. I do kind of wish I went with a full catback from the start though. I now have all the pieces to make one (along with headers and a Whipple). We'll see if I still like it after they go on in a few weeks, or if it becomes too loud.
Dagstar is offline   Reply With Quote