Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2022, 09:08 PM   #57
Grimlock212

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS 1LE, Volvo V70R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
These can be added to 1SS cars with a kit from gen5diy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Can this kit turn the ventilation on automatically like the factory set can be programmed to do? It’s pretty sweet that the car just starts ventilation for me without having to click a single button!
Grimlock212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 09:12 PM   #58
Grimlock212

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
Ive owed a 1SS and 2SS and was not overall that impressed with the 2SS for the extra cost.

The heated steering wheel, heated seats and blind spot alert side mirrors were the best features of the 2SS imo. The heads up display is pretty cool but definitely not a necessity. The Bose stereo was very underwhelming as were the leather seats. I hardly used or cared about the extra crap like the ventilated seats(felt like I was wetting myself) and ambient interior lighting(cheesy), wireless charging(horrible location and didn't fit my iPhone). This is all subjective of course. What one man's trash is another's treasure

If I were buy again another camaro ss it would be the 1SS.

I will say driving the camaro around without the blind spot monitoring can get nerve-racking at times and the main thing I'd miss from the 2SS. There are other solutions to deal with blind spots if even a big issue for you. Given you're coming from already owning a camaro you're used to the Camaro's visibility.

Something tells me if you're buying a 1LE your are getting it more for the performance and not the creature comforts.
A lot of the 2SS feature are supposedly better on the 2019+ cars based on what I’ve read (like the stereo). You also get the camera mirror now, which is INCREDIBLE to me! I have zero issues with the Bose stereo, I think it’s great.

No doubt a 1SS 1LE is the best bang for the buck though.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:30 AM   #59
mRahmani

Drives: ‘23 SS 1LE
The 2SS package should really be discounted on the 1LE, but if I was doing it again I would still order it. Biggest benefits:

- Heated/cooled seats are awesome, especially here where the weather can range from 40 to 80 in one day. Ditto for heated wheel.

- Rear view camera mirror and blind spot monitoring make the car’s awful blind spots almost disappear.

- Dual zone climate has been a surprisingly nice feature with the wife

- Memory seats are awesome if you have two drivers

I was hoping the Bose upgrade would be worthwhile but honestly I find the sound to be thoroughly “okay.” Not terrible, but unless the 1SS is truly awful I don’t think this radio is anything special. My wife’s old Tahoe and her Cadillac both have much better factory systems.
mRahmani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 05:18 AM   #60
Bad 1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Ended up with the 2SS myself just because I got a great deal on it, I didn't mind spending a little extra, and it fell in my lap.

That mirror that I thought was gimmicky, and awkward to get used to, saved my ass recently. Some soccer mom in a Mercedes SUV cut across 4 lanes of traffic behind me at somewhere around 110mph. I was changing lanes, moving to the far right lane, at about 70mph. The wide view of the rear camera helped me catch her, even though there were cars between us. I avoided her at the last minute. We missed trading paint by literally inches. The stupidity and selfishness of people continues to amaze me.... I 100% would have never seen her without that mirror cam. She'd have rear ended me at a speed differential that would have been catastrophic with all the traffic.

The 1LE package adds so much that I certainly would be just as happy with the 1SS. As someone on meds that make my hands and feet cold, having the heated wheel and seats up here in New England is a really nice convenience though. I can say I don't regret spending more and having some of the extra features of the 2SS.

To me, with the 1LE option, its one of the rare instances that you could buy the lower model and not really feel like you got less of a car.
Old 11-12-2022, 07:05 AM   #61
Grimlock212

Quote:
Originally Posted by mRahmani View Post
The 2SS package should really be discounted on the 1LE, but if I was doing it again I would still order it. Biggest benefits:

- Heated/cooled seats are awesome, especially here where the weather can range from 40 to 80 in one day. Ditto for heated wheel.

- Rear view camera mirror and blind spot monitoring make the car’s awful blind spots almost disappear.

- Dual zone climate has been a surprisingly nice feature with the wife

- Memory seats are awesome if you have two drivers

I was hoping the Bose upgrade would be worthwhile but honestly I find the sound to be thoroughly “okay.” Not terrible, but unless the 1SS is truly awful I don’t think this radio is anything special. My wife’s old Tahoe and her Cadillac both have much better factory systems.
I agree the 2SS should be discounted on the 1LE. It’s why I think the 1SS 1LE is the performance bargain. And yes, the stereo in the 1SS is truly awful. The Bose is a huge upgrade to my ears!
Old 11-12-2022, 12:23 PM   #62
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I have no experience with the Camaro's mirror camera, but in Toyota/Lexus version I've found it annoying when you glance at the mirror while driving. The focal adjustments my aging eyes need to do going from distance to up close mirror display takes a moment. I've also had times where you have the mirror display and the reflection of the actual mirror conflicting in certain lighting conditions.

Just some thing I noticed in different vehicles, probably nothing, just a sample of one.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #63
1fastz28

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
I went with the 2SS for the rear view camera, blind spot monitoring and the heated/cooled seats primarily. The car is difficult to see out of but those safety features are great, especially the camera.
1fastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 05:55 AM   #64
JSenek

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
I drove a 1SS and 2SS almost back-to-back, and thought that all the little upgrades really added up. IMO the stereo was markedly better, the blind spot monitoring was a welcome extra layer of protection, and the automatic seat will help keep the side bolsters from being destroyed over time.

My wife appreciated the dual zone climate controls and remarked that the upgraded materials just made the interior a nicer place to be.

If I was trailering the vehicle to the track, the 1SS would probably be just fine. I don't have or want a truck, so I will instead be driving to and from events, which means potentially many hours over which it will be nice to have the 2SS upgrades.
JSenek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 01:00 PM   #65
Grimlock212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I have average feet and saw little to no use for the seat memory function. The seat was pretty much all the way back.

Everybody’s different, but the ventilated seats are nothing to write home about (just MHO). Heated seats, I’d rather have them than not.
Wow, I love the ventilated seats. I thought they were surprisingly awesome, while I’ve always hated heated seats.

I’m 6’2” and I’m not close to having the seat all the way back. I love having the memory seat move all the way back automatically when I shut the car down. It makes it super easy to get in and out of the Recaros!
Old 01-11-2023, 12:53 AM   #66
Azmedian

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/1LE
2SS Bells & Whistles, you get it all for about 50k, why not.
Azmedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:13 PM   #67
pbSS

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
2SS is one of those things that don't seem "worth it" and easy to justify not having/needing the features. Easier for the people already living without them. However, once you have those little features, it's almost impossible to go back and give them up.
pbSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:33 PM   #68
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbSS View Post
2SS is one of those things that don't seem "worth it" and easy to justify not having/needing the features. Easier for the people already living without them. However, once you have those little features, it's almost impossible to go back and give them up.
A first post more than worth reading , I've also found this to be true after sitting in a 1SS 1LE.

to the forums, pbSS.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 04:30 PM   #69
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbSS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
A first post more than worth reading , I've also found this to be true after sitting in a 1SS 1LE.

to the forums, pbSS.
Yes, welcome to the forum pbSS! And I agree with you assessment. It hard to go back to less when you've had more.

However, like most things there are exceptions to almost every rule. My 1SS 1LE is not my daily driver. It's a weekend toy. Therefore, I don't really need nor want to pay for all the bells and whistles that come with the 2SS. Would I like to have them? Sure. Most people would. But not for another 5k. I'd rather spend that $5k on mods and other items. Plus I've already spent money on the 1LE package in order to get the performance parts that come with it.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote