Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-29-2022, 06:31 PM   #1
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
p00ca 2019 SS LPE HPFP

Looking for some help. Mods in sig. Car will usually drive fine on first start. When I turn it off and start right back up (like at a gas station) as soon as I go off idle it sometimes throws a code. P00ca - fuel pressure regulator high control circuit high voltage. Goes into reduced power mode.

Reset code, start usually throws it again. After a couple times works itself out. If I’m at a spot when I can reset and get on it goes away.

Sometimes idling in traffic for a long time it’ll do it as well.

Anyone ran into this? JMS is set fine, I actually turned it down a bit thinking that was it today and didn’t resolve the issue. I saw someone had a problem with this (2019+) on here but didn’t report back with what fixed it.

Do not have a check valve in fuel feed line (mag kit removes it). Don’t know if that’s an issue.
Old 10-29-2022, 07:13 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
Looking for some help. Mods in sig. Car will usually drive fine on first start. When I turn it off and start right back up (like at a gas station) as soon as I go off idle it sometimes throws a code. P00ca - fuel pressure regulator high control circuit high voltage. Goes into reduced power mode.

Reset code, start usually throws it again. After a couple times works itself out. If I’m at a spot when I can reset and get on it goes away.

Anyone ran into this? JMS is set fine, I actually turned it down a bit thinking that was it today and didn’t resolve the issue. I saw someone had a problem with this (2019+) on here but didn’t report back with what fixed it.

Do not have a check valve in fuel feed line (mag kit removes it). Don’t know if that’s an issue.
What are you running for voltage with the JMS? Back when I used to use one of those I had to turn the voltage down from my initial set point.
Old 10-29-2022, 08:05 PM   #3
JP374

Drives: 21 Lt1
Quote:

I was getting the same code, I’m not running a jms booster. Ended up being my harness behind drivers side rear. Was cracked and some wires were shorting out from the fuel control module. I hardwired it and haven’t had an issue since.
JP374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 10:19 PM   #4
Chrome383Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
What are you running for voltage with the JMS? Back when I used to use one of those I had to turn the voltage down from my initial set point.
Was 17.31 ramp at 50%. Changed it up 17.04 ramp at 75% today. Still doing it.
Old 10-29-2022, 10:21 PM   #5
Chrome383Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP374 View Post
I was getting the same code, I’m not running a jms booster. Ended up being my harness behind drivers side rear. Was cracked and some wires were shorting out from the fuel control module. I hardwired it and haven’t had an issue since.
I don’t think it’s the harness, when I first start I can run for an hour WOT 130mph runs. Shut it off and restart without letting it rest a while then it starts acting up. Or a lot of traffic…. Idle start/stop. But I might look around back there tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2022, 08:48 AM   #6
JP374

Drives: 21 Lt1
Quote:
I don’t think it’s the harness, when I first start I can run for an hour WOT 130mph runs. Shut it off and restart without letting it rest a while then it starts acting up. Or a lot of traffic…. Idle start/stop. But I might look around back there tomorrow.
That’s exactly how mine was. I could start it up and drive around town and it was fine, however if I shut car off and started it again within a min or so it would come on, or if driving awhile and would get stuck in traffic idling awhile it would randomly come on.
JP374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #7
Chrome383Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP374 View Post
That’s exactly how mine was. I could start it up and drive around town and it was fine, however if I shut car off and started it again within a min or so it would come on, or if driving awhile and would get stuck in traffic idling awhile it would randomly come on.
Hmmm. Thanks. Where was the crack in the harness? Wheel well (tire rubbing) or actually the harness underneath?
Old 10-30-2022, 04:23 PM   #8
Chrome383Z

Didn’t find anything wrong on the wiring in the rear. Pulled the CCM plug and reattached. Took it back out actually didn’t have any issues for awhile. Turned the car on/off like 8 times while driving around and finally got it to do it again. I was logging. Went into limp mode rail pressure spiked to 55k then hit 95k psi. That’s where it went into limp mode and threw the code.

Obviously not seeing 100k psi it would have blown sky high but something is going on…. Only happens <15mph, off throttle, and in drive. Haven’t had any issues running in manual mode.