Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 01-27-2022, 06:20 AM   #15
302blown

Drives: F250
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Will this work?
Funny! But we did test those hvac vents in the wind tunnel...

Wind tunnel data: https://racelouvers.com/content/Race...unnel-Data.pdf
Attached Images

302blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:26 AM   #16
302blown

Drives: F250
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I just read the shroud vs no shroud on the cooling fan what do you suggest for the 5th an 6th Gen Camaros? An who sells a quality unshrouded fan that would work in either platform?
If the car is near stock, with ac and mostly street driven the oem fan is fine. If its a pure track car only no street then no fan is best. If its something dual purpose any 16-18"curved blade slimline fan without a shroud works. A shroud is great for low speed stuff aka street cars or autox, high speed stuff like 20 minute track sessions the shroud is a restriction to cooling airflow.
302blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:49 PM   #17
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
anybody else buy one of these lately or have one for sale?looking to buy one asap!
Old 06-02-2022, 04:28 PM   #18
kropscamaro16

ended up going with the racelouvers btw! should be here on monday!

gotta get it installed before my next even june 25th

https://racelouvers.com/camaro-16-19...st-tt3-6-spec/
Old 06-02-2022, 05:21 PM   #19
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
just looks so terrible and ghetto. id just spend the $2000 on an aftermarket hood like the CF one posted above.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:22 PM   #20
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
just looks so terrible and ghetto. id just spend the $2000 on an aftermarket hood like the CF one posted above.

lol ok big baller
Old 06-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #21
kropscamaro16

got mine today gotta get it installed before my next raceday june 25th !
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2022, 08:52 PM   #22
synolimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
lol ok big baller
big baller? you have a $70+k car and a payment or 2 is to much? you know wheels and tires are like $2k plus each right?

edit, nvm you have a ss, $8 a gallon and a million dollar 1 bedroom studio app to pay for. come to ohio and really ball out!! your state is F*CKING TERRIBLE!!!
Old 06-06-2022, 09:21 PM   #23
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
big baller? you have a $70+k car and a payment or 2 is to much? you know wheels and tires are like $2k plus each right?

edit, nvm you have a ss, $8 a gallon and a million dollar 1 bedroom studio app to pay for. come to ohio and really ball out!! your state is F*CKING TERRIBLE!!!
This was unnecessary. You criticized krops' purchase calling it "terrible and ghetto" (I won't even go into my disdain for the word ghetto and the racial undertone it carries) and then proceeded to make assumptions about their income and personally attack where they live. Really, not cool.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:39 PM   #24
synolimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
This was unnecessary. You criticized krops' purchase calling it "terrible and ghetto" (I won't even go into my disdain for the word ghetto and the racial undertone it carries) and then proceeded to make assumptions about their income and personally attack where they live. Really, not cool.
thats your feelings and thoughts on some words, not mine. you dont have to be baby about it coming off like a liberal snowflake. im not playing this word game with you in this overly safe space country we now live in now. and trashing a nice steel hood now exposed to weather, will rust, and going to cancer under the paint is trash when it looks like trash one day. i doubt he'll spend $1000+ to repaint the hood properly if a 2k hoods to much. and assumptions? am i not the "big baller???"
Old 06-06-2022, 09:53 PM   #25
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
thats your feelings and thoughts on some words, not mine. you dont have to be baby about it coming off like a liberal snowflake. im not playing this word game with you in this overly safe space country we now live in now. and trashing a nice steel hood now exposed to weather, will rust, and going to cancer under the paint is trash when it looks like trash one day. i doubt he'll spend $1000+ to repaint the hood properly if a 2k hoods to much. and assumptions? am i not the "big baller???"
Maybe this short anecdote will land with you, maybe it won't. My father has hated cheese and butter his entire life. Like really hated it -- to the point where anytime we had a family meal and one us put cheese on our pasta or butter on our potato, he would comment how disgusting it was. Not a huge deal, but it made the rest of us feel a bit uncomfortable -- it's not nice to hear something you're eating, you're enjoying is disgusting. My takeaway from those experiences -- I learned that even though everything may not be my taste, I'm not going to shit on what someone else likes. I'll keep it to myself. I have nothing to gain and risk ruining someone else's experience.

You don't like the louvers. Ok, that's fine. But calling them "terrible and ghetto" is just being antagonistic and, frankly, a d*ck.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:38 AM   #26
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Aren't our hoods aluminum?

Carbon hoods are pointless nowadays and only seen as "scene points"
Old 06-07-2022, 10:13 AM   #27
kropscamaro16

hey guys its my car and i even got a spare hood just in case i dont like it or sell my car in the future and my camaro is garage kept in my million dollar house i just bought by the beach in december so guess what ? itll be fine but thanks for the concern haha
Old 06-07-2022, 10:23 AM   #28
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
hey guys its my car and i even got a spare hood just in case i dont like it or sell my car in the future and my camaro is garage kept in my million dollar house i just bought by the beach in december so guess what ? itll be fine but thanks for the concern haha
Man that guy really took the opportunity to turn his opinion into a political speech. Good luck with the install, post some pics when you're done!
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote