Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Phastek Performance

Old 01-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #1
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Question QuickJack BL-5000SLX for Camaro?

Would these work well for a 2020 Camaro SS (or do I need the EXT version)?

Ranger QuickJack BL-5000SLX
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Works perfectly. I have the 5000 and ZL1 Addons bolt on blocks.... works great.
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie ZL1 View Post
Works perfectly. I have the 5000 and ZL1 Addons bolt on blocks.... works great.
Awesome, do I need to ZL1 bolt on blocks or is the kit as is fine for lifting?
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 01-06-2020, 01:04 PM   #4
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
You can get pinch weld blocks from quick jack, I wouldn’t try lifting without those or zl1 addons, however the placement is always tricky with this quick jack, I had to move my zl1 add on pads over a little for the lift to reach it around.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #5
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
You can get pinch weld blocks from quick jack, I wouldn’t try lifting without those or zl1 addons, however the placement is always tricky with this quick jack, I had to move my zl1 add on pads over a little for the lift to reach it around.
Thanks, I'll probably just get the pinch weld blocks from QuickJack as I'm not thrilled with the idea of leaving the ZL1 blocks bolted on all the time...

Old 01-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #6
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Thanks, I'll probably just get the pinch weld blocks from QuickJack as I'm not thrilled with the idea of leaving the ZL1 blocks bolted on all the time...
I hear you, they are actually made very well though, been at high speeds with no issues but nonetheless if I could go back the blocks would be worth it as placement would be 10x easier. Takes me at least 10 min to make sure the standard blocks are grabbing / sitting on those pads the right way.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:26 PM   #7
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
The pinch weld blocks have been extremely helpful.... not just in easy of use for the quickjack, but also for peace of mind at tire shops. They don’t hang below the side skirts and you can’t tell they’re there unless you look for them.

I have three sets installed.... one set in each of the three jacking positions.
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #8
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
Quote:

Can I ask why?

That is a huge benefit to the blocks. I track the car, I have 6 blocks installed. Best mod for the car for getting it in the air quickly and easily
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:17 AM   #9
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanKnight View Post
Can I ask why?

That is a huge benefit to the blocks. I track the car, I have 6 blocks installed. Best mod for the car for getting it in the air quickly and easily
No intention of tracking my car, the only time it will be in the air is for maintenance. (Oil, Diff service, tire/wheel service).

Old 01-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #10
UrbanKnight

Ok, so whats the issue with leaving them in?
Old 01-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #11
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanKnight View Post
Ok, so whats the issue with leaving them in?
Just seemed like in some reading people being concerned with them vibrating loose while driving, hate to have one depart while on the road.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #12
UrbanKnight

Gotcha. I have 4500 miles with mine in. not a single set screw has come loose. And many of those are track miles
Old 01-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #13
UrbanKnight

And the quickjack works great...
Old 02-02-2020, 04:30 PM   #14
Smoke in

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2 SS 1LE
I needed to get the EXT. 5000 version to lift my 18 1LE properly.
Just saying!
Smoke in is offline   Reply With Quote