Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
rportnoy2004

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Grey
Grinding/Vibration when turning steering wheel to the max

Hi everyone, new to this forum and the camaro. Loving it so far.

Has anyone else noticed this: when I'm stopped or going very slowly such as during a three point turn, when I turn the steering wheel to the max to either side there is a grinding/squeaking noise and vibration. it seems to be coming from the front end or steering column but i'm not positive. I have a 6M 2SS. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or if its normal? Thanks in advance.
rportnoy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rportnoy2004 View Post

Has anyone else noticed this: when I'm stopped or going very slowly such as during a three point turn, when I turn the steering wheel to the max to either side there is a grinding/squeaking noise and vibration. it seems to be coming from the front end or steering column but i'm not positive. I have a 6M 2SS. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or if its normal? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum, rportnoy2004!

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this noise concern with your new Camaro. Have you been able to bring this to your dealership’s attention? If not, we would be happy to help facilitate an appointment on your behalf. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership if this is something of interest.

Sincerely,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 01-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rportnoy2004 View Post

Have you noticed this reversing as well with the wheel turned?
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 09:47 AM   #4
i8uck

Drives: 2.0 (239 Hp) for Eastern Europe
Hi! The same trouble when maneuvering at low speed (occasionally) and sometimes when starting..
i8uck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grinding, steering wheel, turning, vibration