Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-07-2022, 01:01 PM   #43
MX5Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Both the base and Bose have no tweeters. Bose-equipped models add a center dash speaker (another 2.5" twiddler), plus rear deck subs for the coupe. I don't doubt that the Bose system plays way louder than the base system: that's why it uses 2-ohm speakers. But I do doubt the sound quality: Bose practically invented the "boom and tizz" tuning that allows very cheap hardware to capture people's attending for a 30-second audition but isn't actually very realistic or musical. The problem is that very few people know what good sound quality or live music sounds like, so they think high SPLs and "boom and tizz" is the shit.
I don't claim to be an expert but I'm pretty picky with home audio stuff.
I've sure enjoyed my Martin-Logans for the past couple decades.

2022 Black Camaro LT1/RS, Dual Mode Exhaust, Power Sunroof, BOSE, Carbon Flash Alloys, RS pkg, Tint
Other Chevys: Tahoe Z71, Volt, Cheyenne Pickup, Prizm LSi
Plus several Mazdas and Toyotas, one Acura
MX5Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #44
GAbobcat2ss

Drives: 2SS - Nightfall Grey 6m, npp, nav
I have the 2SS and I think the Bose system is just ok. Really depends on what you like but for me the Bose system has good base and ok high range but mid range is weak. Seems to sound best when playing MP3s from my phone or from a USB stick. Best advice would be to listen to the system with the music you like. Big difference in Rock versus classical etc.

BTW the system in my Jeep Grand Cherokee trailhawk by comparison sounds way better to me plus it has HD radio that I really like. I wish GM would add HD radio the standard FM in the 2SS is just Meh.

Also to me XM/Sirrus sounds so bad these days since they dropped the audio quality to pack on more channels. Can't stand to listen to it anymore on any car. MP3s or streaming like Pandora sounds better to me.
GAbobcat2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 03:34 PM   #45
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
1SS comes with an amp in the trunk (different than the Bose amp) but a standard six-speaker system.

I will say that you can certainly upgrade the amp and speakers that come with the 1LT for less money than the price difference between the three trim levels.
I have experienced both in rental Camaros and I have the regular stereo on my SS 1LE. I found that the Bose system was able to be turned up louder but I didn't notice the actual quality being any better. The regular stereo volume already goes loud enough for for me.

Adding an amp and subwoofer box in the trunk with the regular stereo would be the the biggest improvement you could get IMO if you care about bass.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 05:44 PM   #46
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I've got a '23 convertible 1LT with the bose and this is way better than the bose that came in the 2016 I had back then.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #47
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
I've got a '23 convertible 1LT with the bose and this is way better than the bose that came in the 2016 I had back then.
I have a 2016 with Bose... I'm curious.. What did GM change from the Bose system in a 2016 vs 2023?
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:04 PM   #48
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I have a 2016 with Bose... I'm curious.. What did GM change from the Bose system in a 2016 vs 2023?
Don't know what they changed, but from what I recall in my old 2016, I'm able to turn up the volume higher and keeping everything sounding good without it being clipped. I always was wanting more and just couldn't get the right sound.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:14 PM   #49
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Not to get off topic from op, but now a days, I like keep volume low go mid, but still need to hear the bass. Pretty much need a sub with amp for that.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:57 PM   #50
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
If his 2016 was a coupe instead of a convertible, the Bose system is different. For sure it lacks the rear-deck subs in the convertible, but who knows what else is changed to account for that?
Old 10-07-2022, 07:58 PM   #51
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
The Bose in my 95 Z28 had 5 speakers if I remember right. It sounded better than the Bose I have in my 22 ZL1. I had a 2002 with the Monsoon if I remember correctly. 500 watts of nothing special.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:44 PM   #52
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
I have the Bose sound system and all I can tell you is this that this is by far the best sounding stock sound system and any vehicle I have owned.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:02 AM   #53
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
Bose systems are known more for their sound image than huge bass. My '16 Malibu daily driver has the 9 speaker Bose system and it sounds great, with decent but not car-shaking bass.

I have the stock stereo in my Camaro and it sounds fine, though it does need to be turned up close to half volume to get decent bass...I only listen to my Spotify playlists on Apple Carplay while driving. The Bose system in the Camaro doesn't sound $800 better than the stock system and the extra inch of screen size that it comes with it is too tiny a change for the money GM wants for it.

In any case I have Borla Atak catbacks so I always shift the A8 manually for optimum engine and exhaust sound (3000+ rpm). That's the kind of music my Camaro does best.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:22 AM   #54
MX5Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
Bose systems are known more for their sound image than huge bass. My '16 Malibu daily driver has the 9 speaker Bose system and it sounds great, with decent but not car-shaking bass.

I have the stock stereo in my Camaro and it sounds fine, though it does need to be turned up close to half volume to get decent bass...I only listen to my Spotify playlists on Apple Carplay while driving. The Bose system in the Camaro doesn't sound $800 better than the stock system and the extra inch of screen size that it comes with it is too tiny a change for the money GM wants for it.

In any case I have Borla Atak catbacks so I always shift the A8 manually for optimum engine and exhaust sound (3000+ rpm). That's the kind of music my Camaro does best.
I had Borla ATAK on my 2017 Mustang GT and it sure does snarl

As for the BOSE/Screen upgrade, I look at the 900 bucks this way: The better sound is easily worth 700 to me, and the bigger screen easily worth 200. If nothing else it just looks better with the shiny screen extending to the edges rather than being recessed in a flat black plastic frame. My Mustang had it even worse, not having the bigger screen my backup cam was literally business card size. Drove me nuts and irritated me every time I drove the car for 2 years. So divide that 900 clams out over how many times you will drive the car over how many years, and it sure seems like a bargain to me. If they'd offer a CD changer for another $900, I'd be all over it.

2022 Black Camaro LT1/RS, Dual Mode Exhaust, Power Sunroof, BOSE, Carbon Flash Alloys, RS pkg, Tint
Other Chevys: Tahoe Z71, Volt, Cheyenne Pickup, Prizm LSi
Plus several Mazdas and Toyotas, one Acura
MX5Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 06:09 AM   #55
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Don't know what they changed, but from what I recall in my old 2016, I'm able to turn up the volume higher and keeping everything sounding good without it being clipped. I always was wanting more and just couldn't get the right sound.
I tried to find documentation on if GM changed anything with the Bose system in the Camaro from 2016 - present in the same style car. (aka Coupe vs Coupe) Can't find any documentation that says anything was changed.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #56
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
My Bose system is fine for me.

I don't turn my music way up. I usually crack my window open so I can hear my exhaust better. My music is secondary.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote