Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2022, 10:22 AM   #43
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Rarely cold here so I unplugged mine a couple years back.
In the driver's seat look down at your gas peddle and then reach under the dash just above that. Two wire plug and there's not a lot of room to work either. I layed out a couple spare tires then added a half sheet of ply on top, then slid head and shoulders into the car to see what was what. Should have spent time to add a switch in line tho.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:23 PM   #44
2012B

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Rarely cold here so I unplugged mine a couple years back.
In the driver's seat look down at your gas peddle and then reach under the dash just above that. Two wire plug and there's not a lot of room to work either. I layed out a couple spare tires then added a half sheet of ply on top, then slid head and shoulders into the car to see what was what. Should have spent time to add a switch in line tho.

Thanks, I just unplugged mine while my A/C is set to cold. Whwn winter comes around, I'll plug it back in to switch back to heat. I won't go max heat or max A/C.

I really had no idea that the blend door Cycles every time you start the car so this little hack probably saved my second blend door.
2012B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #45
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I only use my car during nice weather, Heat is not something I will need often. I am not sure if this problem is as common as we think but it does happen and it is a pain to fix, I am like Not45 I am not a fan of hack fixes but in this case there's a chance I would.

I am guessing with car running and blend all the way cold then unplug.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:41 PM   #46
2012B

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post

I am guessing with car running and blend all the way cold then unplug.
Hey man, no need to have the car running, just set the a/c dial to where you want it while the car is running then turn off the car. The blend door will stay in that position.

My recommendation is a couple clicks from max a/c. You never want to use max a/c or max heat from what I've gathered on the forum.

The plug connection is a pain in the ass to get to since you can barely see anything when you're there..
Especially if have big hands. What I may do is splice into the wiring so I can have a switch to turn it on and off as needed between winter and summer.
2012B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 09:29 PM   #47
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Yeah I leave mine at about 4 Clicks from full, But since it does a sweep everytime car is started it is still seeing full pressure, Unplugging it seems logical.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote