Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Dead battery

Got back into my car today after not having driven it for 6 days (had the flu). Of course she’s deader than hell. Husband jump starts her no problem. I drive it around for awhile (20 min) and slowly things start getting back to normal (ambient temp reading comes back, MyLink starts working) except for the check engine light stays on and I have absolutely no power from the climate control area. Not that I’m trying to drain the battery again just trying to make sure everything still works. Not a single button on that panel is responding. Just replaced the battery thru the dealership last year so it’s not old. I guess I’ll be making a trip back there this week. Any thoughts?
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:23 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thoughts?

How often is the car driven and for how long?

Do you have any aftermarket electrical junk?

If you park the car for two or more weeks, do you connect a battery tender?
Rock-It Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
its always possible to get a bad one.i would think the dealer would run a charging test and replace if needed.i replaced the factory one in my 2015 RS last year but it was 4 years old and still started the car,just didnt want to get caught out sometime with a dead battery.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:28 PM   #4
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Thoughts?

How often is the car driven and for how long?

Do you have any aftermarket electrical junk?

If you park the car for two or more weeks, do you connect a battery tender?
It’s my daily driver so it barely goes more than a day or 2 without driving. I was dying from the flu (or so it seemed) and today was the first day I felt like I could drive in a week. No aftermarket anything. I just went out and started her up again. Climate control all working now. Just pesky check engine light still on. Thank u!
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #5
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Do you let the car sit for days/weeks at a time and then mostly do a lot of short trips? Letting the car sit will slowly drain the battery, and running it for 10 or 20 minutes may not be enough to give it a full recharge. Jump starting a dead battery and running it for 20 minutes most certainly is not enough to give it a good enough recharge. Keep in mind, if you let your car sit with a partially discharged battery, that in itself is bad for it. You may want to look into a battery tender.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:46 PM   #6
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
There should be a warranty period on that battery so I would take it back to the dealer and let them check it out.��