Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #1
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
19 SS blower guys

How many guys have blowers are out there on 2019 SS ? What did you buy? And why?

Last edited by ssmofo; 01-21-2020 at 03:19 PM.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:43 AM   #2
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmofo View Post
How many guys have blowers are out there on 2019 SS ? What did you buy? And why?

Procharger P1sc stage 2..easy install and I like the power curve
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
Procharger P1sc stage 2..easy install and I like the power curve
How much power did it make? And additional mods?
19 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:08 PM   #4
Jbanta1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 2SS View Post
How much power did it make? And additional mods?
575 at wheels, only other mods is borla catback
Old 05-19-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Before you go Procharger check out the ECS kits. The ECS kit comes with a lot of stuff that is an option on the Procharger kit. The Novi 1500 blower can put down 800rwhp and it's the standard head unit...no up charge.

Before you get started keep in mind the stock pistons are really only good for about 650rwhp. The fuel system maxes out there too.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #6
Jbanta1983

The p1sc can also hey up to 800..but you need to upgrade fueling, pistons etc...
Old 05-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #7
federal

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Before you go Procharger check out the ECS kits. The ECS kit comes with a lot of stuff that is an option on the Procharger kit. The Novi 1500 blower can put down 800rwhp and it's the standard head unit...no up charge.

Before you get started keep in mind the stock pistons are really only good for about 650rwhp. The fuel system maxes out there too.
2nd on the ECS Novi 1500. Loving it, had it for 7,000+ miles, no problems. Excellent power, made ~610 rwhp on stock everything. Great system, and no belt slip due to the toothed pulley/belt.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #8
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by federal View Post
2nd on the ECS Novi 1500. Loving it, had it for 7,000+ miles, no problems. Excellent power, made ~610 rwhp on stock everything. Great system, and no belt slip due to the toothed pulley/belt.
Did you have it custom tuned to make the 610 or is that with their preset tune? ( if they even offer one, didn’t check it out yet)
19 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:36 PM   #9
Jbanta1983

FWIW the procharger after 3krpm absolutely pins you to your seat and just keeps pulling. If you wanna drive normal then it can do that to when not in boost. Im sure roots style is just as fun just a little different power curve. Read up tho I heard the roots style have problems with heat.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #10
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by federal View Post
3rd on the ECS kit. I made 555 to the wheels with the stock pulley and whatever Doug at ECS tuned it at(I'm sure it's a fairly conservative tune). I'm not gonna lie, I'm a huge Procharger fan but the Novi1500 is comparable to a D1 and the intercooler is comparable to the upgraded Procharger one. My only gripe is I wish the Novi was a bit louder but it is what it is.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:01 PM   #11
federal

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 2SS View Post
Did you have it custom tuned to make the 610 or is that with their preset tune? ( if they even offer one, didn’t check it out yet)
It’s a custom dyno tune, yes. As someone mentioned earlier, the canned tune will be more conservative, but me and my tuner were comfortable bringing it up to low 600’s, as have others safely with this kit if you look around.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:32 AM   #12
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I have the ECS with a Novi 1500 and would also highly recommend it. It has many advantages that I will list below, but I want to explain a little about the P/C marketing.

Now first off, I think P/C makes some good stuff. The F1 is the benchmark for "street" centrifugal blowers IMO. With that being said - P/C and their dealers will tell you that you can get a blower for your car at about $6k. With this configuration, you are getting the P1SC blower, a tiny intercooler, and a bypass valve setup that leaks air when closed and under boost. This configuration had problem never been sold, as people end up buying the Stg II air to air intercooler and the upgraded blow off valve. This configuration would be the absolute bottom basement setup one should consider as it has the proper amount of intercooler for 12-15lbs of boost, and it is not going to bleed off that boost as it has a capable blow off valve (that standard PC bypass valve thing is not very good). Throw in black powder coat for everything (so it doesn't look like garbage in a year) and you are looking at $7400 before any kind of tune (PC only has a canned tune for the very bottom basement configuration).

And at this $7400 price you are getting the P1SC - which is plenty reliable, but is really at its max output at about 650hp (however you can go up to D1SC for another $250 - which I would highly recommend). So $7650, then budget $500 to tune.

The ECS kit is kind of a weird setup - it is a Vortech mounting system and is the same mounting setup that Vortech uses in their kit, however the difference is the blowers. The Vortech uses their V3-Si blower, which is a bit of an upgrade to the P1SC that P/C uses (1150cfm), but if you buy the kit from ECS, it gets a Paxton Novi 1500SL (1450cfm / 850hp) blower.

The advantage here is that with the smaller blowers, they can hit that 700+ mark, but they only flow that air when they are at their absolute peak RPM. You really won't feel the power until 5000RPM on up. The D1SC from P/C will come on a little lower, the V3-Si lower yet, and the Novi 1500 even lower again. The Novi 1500 at 9lbs of boost will make 700whp with room to grow, and will come on crazy hard at 4000rpm.

Now - to talk about the advantages the ECS kit has is that the mount is bullet proof, easy to install and work on, but the big advantage is the belt setup. See, the P/C uses a big long belt that goes from the blower all the way to the crank, with a long arm tensioner to keep it tight. This setup is known to slip at 8-10lbs of boost, so they recommend going to their 10-rib belt setup if you plan to do any "real" kind of boost, which adds $400 to the bill ( we are now over $8000).

The ECS kit uses a jackshaft - on one side of the jackshaft is a 6 rib pulley that is driven by the stock accessory drive. Though it is only 6 ribs wide, it wraps the belt around about 70% of the pulley, so it has more actual belt to pulley contact than the 8 rib setup on the P/C. On the front side of the jackshaft there is a toothed pulley that uses a Gates belt (like a chain) that goes to the blower. This setup is WAY more efficient, has much lower belt slip, is more adjustable as far as speed goes (you can change any of the three pulleys to change boost).

Beyond this - the ECS comes with a really good intercooler (it is a larger I/C than the upgraded P/C Stg II air to air), and comes with a real blow off valve that is capable of 1000hp standard.

So is it as cheap as the bottom basement ProCharger setup? No. However it is much cheaper than the ProCharger configuration you "should" buy.

$6400 gets you the ECS / Vortech kit, the Novi 1500SL blower, a good intercooler and a good BOV standard in a powdercoat or polished finish. You install the kit, and either find a local tuner to tune it for $500, or work with Doug at ECS (a forum member here) via email to tune it remotely.

With the P/C tune you have to send your ECU in to them, and it comes back in a week with a crappy tune.

Regardless what power level you are looking for, the ECS kit is a much better buy with a great amount of room to grow. It will out perform the P1SC setup at 7-9lbs of boost (and come on with more power in the mid range). You can add LT4 fueling and go to 10-12lbs of boost and make 700hp, of go to 14-15lbs and try and hit 850hp like I am.

As far as upgrades - you can get a Novi 2200SL blower (this is like the P/C F1X) which can do 1200hp all day long right from ECS for like another $700. But if you start with a 1500SL, you can get it upgraded to a 2200SL by changing the housing and impeller out to the 2200SL parts. And all the Novi head units can be upgraded to oil feed from self lubricating (that is what the SL means) to oil fed, and then you can spin them another 4000 - 5000 rpm and get another 3-4lbs of boost.

There is even a guy out there who offers a billet impeller for the Novi head units that will flow more air (15% more air out of a Novi 1500 - from 1450 to 1650cfm)
Old 05-20-2020, 08:23 AM   #13
Jbanta1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I have the ECS with a Novi 1500 and would also highly recommend it. It has many advantages that I will list below, but I want to explain a little about the P/C marketing.

Now first off, I think P/C makes some good stuff. The F1 is the benchmark for "street" centrifugal blowers IMO. With that being said - P/C and their dealers will tell you that you can get a blower for your car at about $6k. With this configuration, you are getting the P1SC blower, a tiny intercooler, and a bypass valve setup that leaks air when closed and under boost. This configuration had problem never been sold, as people end up buying the Stg II air to air intercooler and the upgraded blow off valve. This configuration would be the absolute bottom basement setup one should consider as it has the proper amount of intercooler for 12-15lbs of boost, and it is not going to bleed off that boost as it has a capable blow off valve (that standard PC bypass valve thing is not very good). Throw in black powder coat for everything (so it doesn't look like garbage in a year) and you are looking at $7400 before any kind of tune (PC only has a canned tune for the very bottom basement configuration).

And at this $7400 price you are getting the P1SC - which is plenty reliable, but is really at its max output at about 650hp (however you can go up to D1SC for another $250 - which I would highly recommend). So $7650, then budget $500 to tune.

The ECS kit is kind of a weird setup - it is a Vortech mounting system and is the same mounting setup that Vortech uses in their kit, however the difference is the blowers. The Vortech uses their V3-Si blower, which is a bit of an upgrade to the P1SC that P/C uses (1150cfm), but if you buy the kit from ECS, it gets a Paxton Novi 1500SL (1450cfm / 850hp) blower.

The advantage here is that with the smaller blowers, they can hit that 700+ mark, but they only flow that air when they are at their absolute peak RPM. You really won't feel the power until 5000RPM on up. The D1SC from P/C will come on a little lower, the V3-Si lower yet, and the Novi 1500 even lower again. The Novi 1500 at 9lbs of boost will make 700whp with room to grow, and will come on crazy hard at 4000rpm.

Now - to talk about the advantages the ECS kit has is that the mount is bullet proof, easy to install and work on, but the big advantage is the belt setup. See, the P/C uses a big long belt that goes from the blower all the way to the crank, with a long arm tensioner to keep it tight. This setup is known to slip at 8-10lbs of boost, so they recommend going to their 10-rib belt setup if you plan to do any "real" kind of boost, which adds $400 to the bill ( we are now over $8000).

The ECS kit uses a jackshaft - on one side of the jackshaft is a 6 rib pulley that is driven by the stock accessory drive. Though it is only 6 ribs wide, it wraps the belt around about 70% of the pulley, so it has more actual belt to pulley contact than the 8 rib setup on the P/C. On the front side of the jackshaft there is a toothed pulley that uses a Gates belt (like a chain) that goes to the blower. This setup is WAY more efficient, has much lower belt slip, is more adjustable as far as speed goes (you can change any of the three pulleys to change boost).

Beyond this - the ECS comes with a really good intercooler (it is a larger I/C than the upgraded P/C Stg II air to air), and comes with a real blow off valve that is capable of 1000hp standard.

So is it as cheap as the bottom basement ProCharger setup? No. However it is much cheaper than the ProCharger configuration you "should" buy.

$6400 gets you the ECS / Vortech kit, the Novi 1500SL blower, a good intercooler and a good BOV standard in a powdercoat or polished finish. You install the kit, and either find a local tuner to tune it for $500, or work with Doug at ECS (a forum member here) via email to tune it remotely.

With the P/C tune you have to send your ECU in to them, and it comes back in a week with a crappy tune.

Regardless what power level you are looking for, the ECS kit is a much better buy with a great amount of room to grow. It will out perform the P1SC setup at 7-9lbs of boost (and come on with more power in the mid range). You can add LT4 fueling and go to 10-12lbs of boost and make 700hp, of go to 14-15lbs and try and hit 850hp like I am.

As far as upgrades - you can get a Novi 2200SL blower (this is like the P/C F1X) which can do 1200hp all day long right from ECS for like another $700. But if you start with a 1500SL, you can get it upgraded to a 2200SL by changing the housing and impeller out to the 2200SL parts. And all the Novi head units can be upgraded to oil feed from self lubricating (that is what the SL means) to oil fed, and then you can spin them another 4000 - 5000 rpm and get another 3-4lbs of boost.

There is even a guy out there who offers a billet impeller for the Novi head units that will flow more air (15% more air out of a Novi 1500 - from 1450 to 1650cfm)

You make some good points, I got my p1sc, stage 2 cooler, black unit and bracket and red race valve for 6600, just have to do some shopping around. The tune is rich but safe and if this is a car you are just taking out on a Saturday to cruise the p1sc is all you need. Anything more you'll never get traction to lay down that power without radials.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #14
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Nothing is going to keep up with the Magnuson 2650 on these cars, especially on the street. They will make 600 RWHP on pump gas and pull like mad everywhere in the operating range! See if you can find someone who has one and go for a ride, it's the easiest way to know what I'm talking about.
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote