Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 12-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
Carter97

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
Possible Gen6 Camaro V6 Mods as of Decemeber 2019?

I've been trying to do a little research on what all mods can we put on our V6s, mainly looking at possible cams. I have a CAI and exhaust setup. I know about ported intake manifolds, ported throttle bodies, tunes, and superchargers; but what about forged pistons? How do we go about that? I've seen a 2.0 on YouTube with some. My Camaro is my daily driver and I race it every now and then. I'm looking into a supercharger soon, but I'm also trying to see if there are other mods that can be done and where to look for them. And no I won't trade for a V8 even though I would love one, as I'm a working college student on a budget. I also have the ZL1 spoiler and ZL1 1LE bumper conversion for looks and extra airflow.
Attached Images

Carter97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Tell us about your tow hook installation!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #3
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter97 View Post
I've been trying to do a little research on what all mods can we put on our V6s, mainly looking at possible cams. I have a CAI and exhaust setup. I know about ported intake manifolds, ported throttle bodies, tunes, and superchargers; but what about forged pistons? How do we go about that? I've seen a 2.0 on YouTube with some. My Camaro is my daily driver and I race it every now and then. I'm looking into a supercharger soon, but I'm also trying to see if there are other mods that can be done and where to look for them. And no I won't trade for a V8 even though I would love one, as I'm a working college student on a budget. I also have the ZL1 spoiler and ZL1 1LE bumper conversion for looks and extra airflow.
Forged pistons would be a complete waste if you weren’t boosting. A supercharger is going to be $4000+ any way you look at it. Not really something I’d suggest for a college student on a budget. Me, and several others, have done SS intakes, there’s also a high stall torque converter if you drive an A8 though Idk if you’d want to put that on your daily. Outside of what you mentioned I’d say suspension upgrades and wheels/tires are going to give you the most performance improvement.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:23 PM   #4
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF_RS View Post
Forged pistons would be a complete waste if you weren’t boosting. A supercharger is going to be $4000+ any way you look at it. Not really something I’d suggest for a college student on a budget. Me, and several others, have done SS intakes, there’s also a high stall torque converter if you drive an A8 though Idk if you’d want to put that on your daily. Outside of what you mentioned I’d say suspension upgrades and wheels/tires are going to give you the most performance improvement.
Agreed. I got the least expensive SC setup and that cost me like $4400 on sale. The SS intake, ported TB and IM, and a tune would be solid. Again, may not be “college student budget friendly”. Cheers!
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #5
BowToAGod

Drives: 2018 camaro redline edition rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
Agreed. I got the least expensive SC setup and that cost me like $4400 on sale. The SS intake, ported TB and IM, and a tune would be solid. Again, may not be “college student budget friendly”. Cheers!
you go videos of your car?
BowToAGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:58 AM   #6
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
What modifications (upgrades) would be emissions compliant in California?
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:33 PM   #7
Carter97

I may actually be able to get a Procharger for $3200. I haven't seen anything about forged pistons for the V6 but I have for the I4. I was thinking of maybe getting a larger throttle body or spacer but would have to check fitment for other intake installation mods. I plan on saving money and working on the car over time. I don't wanna do too much to where I can't daily drive it. I'm also working on fixing up a 91 Jaguar XJS and buying an 88 Camaro.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:34 PM   #8
Carter97

I got it for the looks. It's a simple installation.

Tags
camaro v6, camaro v6 mods, camaro v6 performance