Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #1
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Amerihood Ram Air Hood 2016-2018 Models

I've been looking for another hood to change up the look of the car a bit. The Amerihood Ram Air Hood has a good look that I plan on painting two-tone. This is the link:

https://www.lmperformance.com/870968...-air-hood.html

I have a CAI installed (K&N Typhoon) and an Overkill tune coming later this week. However, I'm wondering if there would be any drawback to this design. During a rain or a car wash, what would keep water from getting onto the intake filter? Anyone see any other drawbacks that would be harmful to the engine by purchasing this hood?

Thanks in advance for any input.
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:51 PM   #2
thecamaroproject246

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro RS
I have this exact hood installed. I’ll post pictures but let me tell you the hood looks amazing and gives the car a really aggressive muscle look. However be warned the fiberglass doenst come completely “paint ready” when you get the hood it’s dimensions fit perfectly, but it will be very rough and will need to be professionally sanded. I’m not sure if this applies to all their models but mine had small imperfectionns On the top of the hood. So if you plan in painting the hood account for sanding and corrections needed to the hood plus the painting cost. All in all the hood cost me $480 because I live near someone selling the hood online and I picked it up myself so I skipped shipping costs and sanding, and fixing small imperfections along with painting was another $900. So you’re looking at about a $1400 total for the hood maybe more or less depending on what shop you go to, but if you want the job done right it won’t be cheap.
Attached Images

thecamaroproject246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
I hear you lol. I already got a quote from a local painter for $960, which includes all prep work. But it's good to see that the final product looks great! It really makes your Camaro really stand out!

Thank you for the information and especially the pictures.
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote