Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
2020 SS?

I'm still trying to decide the color and exact options if I do get a Camaro instead of a Challenger. My first pick in color would probably be dark red with rally green a close 2nd. I really like the ceramic interior, but wonder about showing dirt. I also like the tan and possibly the red. So I found a 20SS red hot auto with the red interior and a lot of LPO options with a MSRP of 48k. The only thing it doesn't have that I may want is the mag suspension. It is on sale for 44.5 minus 1.5k in rebates and with the Mustang conquest should be right around 41k. I'm thinking that's pretty good for a new 20, but it is a bad time of year to get one as I would have to find a decent winter wheel/tire set pretty quick. I wonder how much more prices will drop this winter or towards spring?
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:34 AM   #2
1fujifilm

Drives: 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
I'm still trying to decide the color and exact options if I do get a Camaro instead of a Challenger. My first pick in color would probably be dark red with rally green a close 2nd. I really like the ceramic interior, but wonder about showing dirt. I also like the tan and possibly the red. So I found a 20SS red hot auto with the red interior and a lot of LPO options with a MSRP of 48k. The only thing it doesn't have that I may want is the mag suspension. It is on sale for 44.5 minus 1.5k in rebates and with the Mustang conquest should be right around 41k. I'm thinking that's pretty good for a new 20, but it is a bad time of year to get one as I would have to find a decent winter wheel/tire set pretty quick. I wonder how much more prices will drop this winter or towards spring?
Your 7.2% discount off MSRP before rebates seems pretty boilerplate. Almost identical to what I can get by ordering out.

You should be able to order exactly what you want for the same price AND get it exactly how you want it and not put up with LPO bologna.

Bear

Anyone getting better than that.
1fujifilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #3
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Yeah, it does look good in the pics with the black wheels, but I would like to see the colors I'm interested in in person. I would also like to see the different interior colors with the different exterior colors which is hard to do as there is only one or two in each dealership that are all a good hour or two away at least. So you are saying the LPO options aren't worth it? Some look pretty good, but others look like you could do better aftermarket. You do get a lot more choices in options with the Camaro than with the Challenger. Like I said, its almost too late to get one now as I'm about to switch my wheels over to the winter set in my Mustang as its supposed to get really cold next week. That would give me time to find out exactly what the Challenger changes and color options will be for 20 before I decide. It does look like the Camaro will be a little more affordable, but in the long term it looks like the resale may be a little less and with the rumors of the Camaro stopping production again in a few years...something to consider.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote