Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-04-2019, 08:40 PM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It is time for you to request a “trade assist” from GM. This is not lemon law, this is just an agreement between GM , you and the dealer who supplies car to come up with a fair amount of dollars for the swap transition. See if they will discuss that with you.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:43 PM   #16
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
It is time for you to request a “trade assist” from GM. This is not lemon law, this is just an agreement between GM , you and the dealer who supplies car to come up with a fair amount of dollars for the swap transition. See if they will discuss that with you.
Thanks Glen I appreciate your advice.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:16 PM   #17
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Damn, that sucks. At least they’re trying to make it right. Not sure I’d be as cool calm and collected about it as you are Kirk. I agree with Glen, let them take care of you.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #18
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Damn, that sucks. At least they’re trying to make it right. Not sure I’d be as cool calm and collected about it as you are Kirk. I agree with Glen, let them take care of you.
Thanks Gunkk. I believe that being nice gets you the best deal. It does for my customers.

Sucks though. I love this car - color, trim, etc. I'm sure I can find another that will be cool too.

Probably look for an automatic. I didn't realize how tough it would be to use the clutch on days that i have soreness from exercise, back tweak, etc.

Yeah I'm old.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #19
KirkH

Today the report from the GM sr adviser is that the dealership has a new service manager and they are completely tearing down my engine.

The dealership has a 2SS vert in stock but it's a little more than I want to pay for a car, so I haven't mentioned the trade assistance yet.

If they offer to buy it back from me, then I can look for a car anywhere right? If I do a trade assist, does the new car have to come from the servicing dealership?
Old 09-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #20
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The trade assist should come from GM. That is, they will search for a car through the network incoming cars, replenish it with a dealer they’re taking it from and transfer the car to the servicing dealership. Naturally there are many things that can slow down the process. The easier way is to find it on the lot at the servicing dealer. No one should lose a car for this, this will come out of the GM pool Made for such things. This is all generally coordinated through the district sales manager/rep in that area. Remember you will be on the hook for the amount of miles you’ve already put on the car thru depreciation. There is a formula for calculating this.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:33 PM   #21
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
The trade assist should come from GM. That is, they will search for a car through the network incoming cars, replenish it with a dealer they’re taking it from and transfer the car to the servicing dealership. Naturally there are many things that can slow down the process. The easier way is to find it on the lot at the servicing dealer. No one should lose a car for this, this will come out of the GM pool Made for such things. This is all generally coordinated through the district sales manager/rep in that area. Remember you will be on the hook for the amount of miles you’ve already put on the car thru depreciation. There is a formula for calculating this.
Great thanks!
Old 09-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #22
KirkH

Camshaft bearing!!! Cam is whacked.

I'm getting a new engine!!!

Old 09-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #23
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Good for you, but that took a long time to figure out
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:39 PM   #24
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Good for you, but that took a long time to figure out
It totally did, but I kept my cool. I think I got the best possible resolution. I love this car. I didn't want another. Now I have a new engine, and for what I paid for this car with 49,000 miles, I couldn't be happier!
Old 09-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #25
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Glad to hear you got a good outcome and good interaction with Chevy. Congrats!
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:09 AM   #26
KirkH

Now, the wait for the new engine. I've seen threads on here about people waiting 7 weeks for the new engine to get delivered to the dealership!
Old 09-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #27
KirkH

GM Customer Service called today to report that the engine was ordered Sep 11, 2019 but they had no ETA. GM is required to contact me every 2 business days with a report. I will post when the engine gets delivered.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:41 PM   #28
KirkH

Latest report from GM Customer Service is that the engine arrived Monday at the dealership but they had not installed it yet.

I requested that they pay another car payment, due tomorrow. My Sr Adviser said she would make the request.

It looks like the warranty on the new engine will be 1 year, 12,000 miles.